• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
PJIDP6Y.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kakegurui-Episode1-Omake-13.gif

I've only watched episode 1 but HOLY SHIT you can't trust anyone already.
That feeling when you know what's happening next & cannot wait to see the reactions from the new viewers.

tumblr_oshh2dqVzb1v1hotuo1_500.gif

I'm probably gonna have to read the manga once the anime finishes, it's only 12 episodes but damn it, it's the perfect amount of over-the-top that hits me in just the right way with those facial expresses that only anime seems to make.

Unit24

Quick rundown of the Jojo blu-ray:

- The packaging is absolutely fantastic & stores all the items that came with the LE in a box. Not to mention the reverse side of the BD cover has the same pattern as the bandanna.
- Each disc holds 6 or 7 episodes, where as that awful WB DVD release crammed Part 1 into a single DVD, then split Part 2 into 2 DVDs, meaning each DVD held 8 or 9 episodes.
- Storyboard book is also great, each episode has a comment from the director, including what his favorite scene was from Part 1. Just a shame he didn't do that for Part 2.
- The bandanna I got for ordering from RightStuf was separate from the LE (which makes sense, it was only available from their site) was a nice bonus. I don't think I'd ever wear it, but as a Jojo fan, it's a nice little collectible.
- You can choose between just English, English with subtitles, English with "songs & signs", or Japanese with subs. Nice to see there's an option that pleases everyone....though "English with subtitles" means "English with the subtitles that go with the Japanese version" & there's no subtitles for the ED
- The only extras are on the last disc & are an art gallery (storyboard designs & final color versions of characters, promotional stuff, etc.), clean OP/ED, & trailers for a Bleach Blu-Ray set, Death Note: Omega Edition, Naruto The Movie - Boruto (so....Boruto the Movie??), and Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow)
- I got a $5 off 1 year digital subscription for Shonen Jump. Eeh, I won't use it, but a nice little discount.

My package also had an advertisement flyer for the Shokugeki no Soma LE, which is tempting for all the content but not for the price Sentai is asking for....also it's Sentai & the same ADR Director who did Akame ga Kill & Parasyte, so I have little faith in the dub.

But anyways, Viz did an amazing job, going far & beyond WB's lazy release. I cannot wait to see the LEs for Parts 3 & 4.

You forgot to mention how stylish and classy the menus look.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It kind of looks like Knack 2 improved from the bits of gameplay I saw. Like, actual fun combat a/la Devil May Cry instead of the clunky garbage from the first game.

Xe4

Banned
Those twins are the weirdest thing in lagoon

They almost feel like they came from a different anime
It was one of the few things I really didn't like in the anime or manga. Like, loli twins that mass murder people felt like it was a bit too much for me to take for a show like Black Lagoon.

Regiruler

Quick rundown of the Jojo blu-ray:

- The packaging is absolutely fantastic & stores all the items that came with the LE in a box. Not to mention the reverse side of the BD cover has the same pattern as the bandanna.
- Each disc holds 6 or 7 episodes, where as that awful WB DVD release crammed Part 1 into a single DVD, then split Part 2 into 2 DVDs, meaning each DVD held 8 or 9 episodes.
- Storyboard book is also great, each episode has a comment from the director, including what his favorite scene was from Part 1. Just a shame he didn't do that for Part 2.
- The bandanna I got for ordering from RightStuf was separate from the LE (which makes sense, it was only available from their site) was a nice bonus. I don't think I'd ever wear it, but as a Jojo fan, it's a nice little collectible.
- You can choose between just English, English with subtitles, English with "songs & signs", or Japanese with subs. Nice to see there's an option that pleases everyone....though "English with subtitles" means "English with the subtitles that go with the Japanese version" & there's no subtitles for the ED
- The only extras are on the last disc & are an art gallery (storyboard designs & final color versions of characters, promotional stuff, etc.), clean OP/ED, & trailers for a Bleach Blu-Ray set, Death Note: Omega Edition, Naruto The Movie - Boruto (so....Boruto the Movie??), and Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow)
- I got a $5 off 1 year digital subscription for Shonen Jump. Eeh, I won't use it, but a nice little discount.

My package also had an advertisement flyer for the Shokugeki no Soma LE, which is tempting for all the content but not for the price Sentai is asking for....also it's Sentai & the same ADR Director who did Akame ga Kill & Parasyte, so I have little faith in the dub.

But anyways, Viz did an amazing job, going far & beyond WB's lazy release. I cannot wait to see the LEs for Parts 3 & 4.

Honestly, I think I would have preferred all of Part 1 on a single disk, because I prefer it to part 2.

Grexeno

Posting this again for a new week:

ToonamiGAF Podcast's Toonami 5th Anniversary Show Ranking!
[Episode 66]

Grexeno, Seda, ckohler, and B-Dubs just spent SIX HOURS ranking the around 45 shows that have aired since the rebirth of Toonami in the order they aired. However, we did not include DB Super, Lupin the 3rd or Stardust Crusaders due to their "newness" and a couple of shows (Jojo and Jack) were split due to their seasons being radically different.

This list reflects are our four combined opinions. We made cases for and against each show and all four of us had to make compromises to reach a consensus. You can listen to our debate by downloading the following two MP3 files. These will also be available in the podcast feed.

Listen to Part One (1h 30m)
Listen to Part Two (4h 38m)

The Final List

Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Space Dandy
One Punch Man
Gurren Lagann
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Black Lagoon
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency
11. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
12. Samurai Jack
13. Samurai Jack Season 5
14. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
15. Soul Eater
16. Samurai Champloo
17. The Big O
18. Sym-Bionic Titan
19. InuYasha
20. Attack on Titan
21. Eureka Seven
22. Hellsing Ultimate
23. Dragonball Z Kai
24. Kill la Kill
25. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
26. Naruto
27. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
28. Michiko & Hatchin
29. Deadman Wonderland
30. Casshern Sins
31. Bleach
32. IGPX
33. Parasyte -the maxim-
34. Blue Exorcist
35. ThunderCats (2011)
InuYasha: The Final Act
Sword Art Online
Samurai 7
Naruto Shippuden
Dimension W
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
Beware the Batman
Tokyo Ghoul
Akame ga Kill!
Tenchi Muyo! GXP

I like Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but I can see why it's placed a bit down on the list considering the first two seasons of it are pretty bleh.

It feels like they came from an "anime", period, when most of Black lagoon didn't really.
Black Lagoon had a Terminator maid that ran like the T-1000. Black Lagoon played with common tropes and then amped them up to 1000 so gothic loli twins isn't exactly too far out of its wheelhouse in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom