• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

You can attribute most of AoT's success to the phenomenal direction of the first season.

Can you imagine how different its popularity would be if the anime was helmed by a less competent director?

Oh, the 1960's. Back when anime was good.

Just like america
according to old white people

Chase17

bring Ludicolo to Toonami

...not liking the dub much why couldn't it be Aniplex USA? Every time I saw a gif of the MC, I imagined Mako's voice.

250px-272Ludicolo.png

I've got you.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The frightening part about it is that stitches is one of the best characters in season two. Everyone else sucks that much.

The frightening part about it is that stitches is one of the best characters in season two. Everyone else sucks that much.
Sadly this is true. Juuzo and Touka are pretty much the only characters I ended up watching this shit show for. Way better than Jason's underling Kaneki and pretty much everyone else. I didn't mind that dude with the glasses or his GF either. "I orgasm by inhaling napkins" French dude should've died though.

TheSun

Life is too short to watch Tokyo Edge.

---

Anybody watch the short anime film "Catsoup"?
Its kinda based on the fucked up manga and anime shorts: Nekojiru.

It's a pretty cool mind trip. Lovely visuals. It's good shit I think.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess it's worth mentioning that Disney no longer has the rights to any of the Studio Ghibli films, now GKIDS has them for both theatrical & home release.

The only two they don't have are The Wind Rises (Touchstone) & Grave of the Fireflies (Sentai, but they didn't change the dub). But in Oct., they'll release My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Ponyo, Howl’s Moving Castle, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Hopefully, this might mean that GKIDS won't charge a crapton of money for the rights to air them on TV.

Xe4

Banned
Anybody watch the short anime film "Catsoup"?
Its kinda based on the fucked up manga and anime shorts: Nekojiru.

It's a pretty cool mind trip. Lovely visuals. It's good shit I think.

I remember Catsoup.

It was...a trip.
Catsoup is the shit. Definetly one of the best psychedelic animated films ever made.
Guess it's worth mentioning that Disney no longer has the rights to any of the Studio Ghibli films, now GKIDS has them for both theatrical & home release.

The only two they don't have are The Wind Rises (Touchstone) & Grave of the Fireflies (Sentai, but they didn't change the dub). But in Oct., they'll release My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Ponyo, Howl’s Moving Castle, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Hopefully, this might mean that GKIDS won't charge a crapton of money for the rights to air them on TV.
They're also finally going to release My Neighbors the Yamadas as well, though that'll take a bit more work than what is already on Disney Blu Ray.

The thing about GKIDS is they less in the buisness of making money (not that they don't want to support themselves) and more buisness or showing off cool animated films. I'd much rather they have the rights than Disney, and I do think they'll charge less to put on TV.

ckohler

R8dWacg.jpg

Episode 68 "Does This Have Nipples?"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Raxus discuss Outlaw Star, DB's multiverse, judo chops, how stands work, masochists, hunter shipping, twistceptions, ninja dads, and our favorite episodes.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode068.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:34 News
0:10:12 Dragonball Super
0:16:46 Dragonball Z Kai
0:21:59 Jojo: Stardust Crusaders
0:42:23 Tokyo Ghoul √a
0:49:49 Hunter x Hunter
1:00:23 Lupin the III
1:06:29 Naruto Shippuden
1:10:22 Favorite shows this week
1:12:05 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

The only two they don't have are The Wind Rises (Touchstone) & Grave of the Fireflies (Sentai, but they didn't change the dub). But in Oct., they'll release My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Ponyo, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind on DVD/Blu-Ray.

I already have Nausicaa, Castle, Kiki, Totoro, Howl's (DVD), Mononoke (DVD), and Spirited Away (DVD) between me and my bro. Got some of the GKIDS releases like Kaguya and Poppy Hill. Also, have Arrietty (Disney) along with Grave and Wind Rises. I was debating to get Ponyo and Porco Rosso about a week ago when I saw them at Best Buy for about $12, but I didn't really need to get them and I was debating with myself to pick them up or not...

I might check and see if they're still there and get them if they're still that price. I wouldn't mind another Month of Miyazaki if possible.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
podcast response: Aisha's nipples are seen for about 4 seconds in one single scene, 3 scenes involving bare asses that're a few seconds each, and one scene with erect nipples hiding underneath swimsuit, but that's it.

So no, I doubt Toonami should have any issues airing it at 2:30 aside from blurring out the first scene that I mentioned. Kill la Kill obviously has shown we can get away with a loottt more now, especially since KLK aired earlier on the block.

cntr

Banned
showdown stuff:

The impression I get from Lupin is that... it's a 2015s anime written as if it was a 1960s anime. Like it's hard to describe, but it's like it uses the logic and storytelling of shows from 50 years ago.

And I don't think it's deliberately ironic, but it's not unironic either? This doesn't really make sense, it feels as if the writing is playing it straight, but the writers aren't? It's an imitation of a style that would've been taken seriously in a former era, like they're writing for an audience that doesn't exist anymore, and they're doing it knowing how ridiculous it feels now.

I mean, heck, even the dub is deliberately old-fashioned, complete with terrible stereotype voices.

I will say, though, whatever's going on with the writing and voice acting, Lupin is fun. It's just entertaining, and I don't mind it being just that.

cntr

Banned
Ours? Besides the third episode
and oingo boingo
I don't think we spoiled too much.
I mean, the discussion was full of stuff that doesn't make sense or isn't relevant unless you've already watched Part 3 and 4.

edit: lol, yeah I noticed the Major wasn't wearing her watch

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"daddy, tell me about the time the immortal god turned his hand into a dubstep vampire squirrel & attacked the cyborg nazi!"

"Hahahahaha, AGAIN?"

TheSun

"Girl you got heavy...Heavy with love!"
-Rousseau, I think

Was that freaking line in Gurren Lagann or did I get something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom