• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
gXHcDRy.gif
50 episodes is a little more than a year. Given there's a second rerun slot for seemingly older shows that either never got a proper run or are getting an HD rerun it's not a huge issue.
Yeah, I mean like, all the old major shows together would take years to finish, so they don't need to worry about running out for a long while.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd kill to see End of Evangelion on Toonami just for the reactions.
Oh hell yes, End of Eva seriously needs to be on Toonami, possibly would make for one of the best group watch nights ever.

& yeah, considering we know IBO is replacing TG, the next show to finish would be Lupin, & that won't premiere until Jan. 2018, so we probably won't get another show announcement until late Nov./early Dec. & considering it's at 2 a.m., I can't see it being a big show unless they bump some other shows down.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They will probably get Mob and MHA. They will probably do OPM S2 and AOT S3. Ushio & Tora is too long for a JoJo break show.

Rather have Ushio and Tora than MHA. Honestly, I'm still not sold on it being a lock for the block. Also, it's like 38 or so episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kai ends next year, and I could see them putting a show there to hold the slot for FLCL.
"JOKES ON YOU, BITCHES, WE'RE REAIRING KAI RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING AT THE SAME TIME SLOT.

WE STILL DIDN'T LEARN OUR LESSON ON STARTING THE BLOCK WITH RERUNS"

Moaradin

Is the chance for MHA gone? I don't want to bite the bullet until it's super unlikely it'll come to Toonami.

Of course not. It's one of the most popular and requested shows, and it will continue to gain popularity over the years as it gets new seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the big show for next year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MHA will probably happen once S2 finishes so Toonami can run both seasons back to back. I just hope people stick around since S1 has some slow moments but still has some great scenes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Of course not. It's one of the most popular and requested shows, and it will continue to gain popularity over the years as it gets new seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the big show for next year.

I dunno. I'm not 100% sold on it happening. It's got an excited fanbase, but it doesn't seem to have the cultural penetration that AoT or One-Punch Man did. Besides, Fairy Tail is really popular and requested and we never got that. It'll probably come down to DeMarco's taste in this case.

Crash Bandicoot games, at least to me, aren't really consistently challenging so much as there's an occasional level where the difficulty just shoots through the roof.

The levels that have you running forward with the camera positioned just above Crash's stupid varmint head are the bane of my platforming existence.

Grexeno

I dunno. I'm not 100% sold on it happening. It's got an excited fanbase, but it doesn't seem to have the cultural penetration that AoT or One-Punch Man did. Besides, Fairy Tail is really popular and requested and we never got that. It'll probably come down to DeMarco's taste in this case.
Fairy Tail is hundreds of episodes and you can't just "get" it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fairy Tail is hundreds of episodes and you can't just "get" it.

You know what I mean. It's not on that "even normal-ass people are watching it" tier that AoT and OPM are on that make it a 1000% chance of showing up. It's on that "anime fans really like it" tier that means it will show up if the timing is right and nothing else gets in the way.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*checks the latest most requested shows list*

From 2 months ago at Momocon, My Hero Academia, Fairy Tail, Jojo, and DB Super.

..........yes, DB Super. The show that's now at almost episode 30, meaning it's been on the block for almost 7 months, or around 5 at the time of Momocon.

From 9 months ago, it was Mob Psycho 100, Tokyo Ghoul, & One Punch Man S2.

From 2 months ago at Momocon, My Hero Academia, Fairy Tail, Jojo, and DB Super.

..........yes, DB Super. The show that's now at almost episode 30, meaning it's been on the block for almost 7 months, or around 5 at the time of Momocon.

I'm more curious when Toonami is finally going to give Hunter x Hunter a chance?

cntr

Banned
You know what I mean. It's not on that "even normal-ass people are watching it" tier that AoT and OPM are on that make it a 1000% chance of showing up. It's on that "anime fans really like it" tier that means it will show up if the timing is right and nothing else gets in the way.
The manga's on that "even normal people are reading it" tier, but the audience getting into the anime feels a bit more narrow, yeah. Which makes sense.

I'm not sure that really matters to Toonami, though.

caliph95

What about Seven Mortal Sins if we can't get Seven Deadly Sins totally the same anime and probably more entertaining

No bad molestation jokes too

cntr

Banned
Seven Mortal Sins, also known as Sin: The 7 Deadly Sins, is a Japanese anime television series produced by Artland and TNK that aired from April 14, 2017 to July 29, 2017.
...gee, that sure isn't confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom