• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Beats me, I've never seen it.
Imagine Kill la Kill, except without restraint or good taste, and made by the guy who directed Gundam SEED.

Also wtf at that name change, could they not get "deadly" due to licensing/copyright?
I assume it was a voluntary change since, well, people already get confused with the name. Imagine how bad it would've been!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hope you took pride in that joke

nbbhGDQ.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
New Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny dubs are basically the same people who did IBO.

I like the SEED/SEED Destiny dubs a lot, it was mainly the same people that did Black Lagoon and Inuyasha, but this is a good cast.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The show I have my doubts in coming is Mob Psyhco 100 i only because I don't know how the Fuinimation/Crunchyroll alliance would allow for it to happen.

cntr

Banned
The show I have my doubts in coming is Mob Psyhco 100 i only because I don't know how the Fuinimation/Crunchyroll alliance would allow for it to happen.
We did have that poll with Mob, Lupin, and Tokyo Ghoul, so I assumed Toonami already had plans to do it.

...you know, now that I think about it, it's kind of silly how we discuss this so often when we won't know until next year.

Seda

Gundam Build Fighters is one people like and that doesn't have a dub right? (or it's like a South Asian English dub or something?) Wonder why they haven't dubbed that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We'll get an actual "trailer" for Outlaw Star HD tomorrow night, & according to the pre-flight, they STILL don't know if they can air episode 23, "hopefully" with "some light editing"

I did notice that there doesn't seem to be any digital bikinis or whatever now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
kinda weird they're redubbing Gundam Seed since what they had before was perfectly acceptable?

wonder if it's a rights thing.

The HD remaster changes enough stuff that the shows had to be redubbed.

Rights issues is probably why each show has a couple of endings/openings switched out.

cntr

Banned
kinda weird they're redubbing Gundam Seed since what they had before was perfectly acceptable?

wonder if it's a rights thing.
SEED's remaster is more like a special edition since it changes a bunch of stuff, so they had to redub it.

Gundam Build Fighters is one people like and that doesn't have a dub right? (or it's like a South Asian English dub or something?) Wonder why they haven't dubbed that.
Build Fighters is in the weird position of being both a kids show and a show for Gundam fans, a demographic that really only exists in Japan.

They probably figure that anybody interested would just watch it subbed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It would be the kiddiest show to air since Beware the Batman, but the block has already aired quite a few other shows in that category like Thundercats, Sym Bionic Titan, original Samurai Jack, Clone Wars.

It would need a dub and someone to champion it, and the window has probably closed on both.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SEED might be the ultimate group watch though, especially if they did Destiny. Besides the recap episodes I'd never call either one of them boring even for second. Dumb? Yes. Insultingly so? Sure. Uneven art? Yep. Teen angst? You betcha.

However the pacing is really quite good and they always know how to key up the tension at the end of the episode right as the ending sting starts up. It frankly makes Jim Jams look like amateur hour in that department.

cntr

Banned
Build Fighters has so many references to past Gundam shows that it puts Unicorn to shame, but at the same time, you can understand and enjoy it with only the bare minimum of knowledge.

It's pretty great!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It still should be entirely free on Youtube, subbed of course. On the Gundam Info channel, which cycles in some good ass Gundam shows now and then with minimal ads.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I was actually going to mention it.

It's the only dub up right now but they have Zeta, ZZ, RE:Unicron, both seasons of Build Fighters, and the SEED HD remaster.

Try is a fairly disappointing sequel that is still pretty good as far as Gundam goes. I'm going to suggest that everyone watch Build Fighters. Including Seda, who as far as I can tell almost never watches anime outside of TOONAMI but did watch some Gundam recently.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So in a month or so, my theater is actually going to show Your Name because it's part of some "family film" festival, along side films like...

...the Nut Job 2,...

......& the emoji movie.........

...BUT I CAN FINALLY SEE YOUR NAME IN A THEATER!

BBboy20

So in a month or so, my theater is actually going to show Your Name because it's part of some "family film" festival, along side films like...

...the Nut Job 2,...

......& the emoji movie.........

...BUT I CAN FINALLY SEE YOUR NAME IN A THEATER!
Land of the Free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom