• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Oh, I see.

...yeah, was wondering how Oda managed to make those movies in his state of health. Yikes.

Even for the manga he has to take monthly breaks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So there's gonna be an One Piece game made for PS VR.

That....actually sounds rather cool, especially if you can explore the ship & see the straw hat crew just relaxing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I need a new computer
Any suggestions and tips? The one I'm currently using is old as fuck and can't even properly load YouTube right now (I switched ISPs last night).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Laptop or Desktop?
Budget?
Gaming, Work, Personal?

Desktop
Not sure about budget yet.
Personal, maybe a bit of gaming. I know I'd use it for YouTube and streams. Most of my gaming is on consoles so I guess I can use it for not as graphic-intensive games.

Massicot

If you just want a moderate gaming machine, I would say a GTX 1060 and something like a i5-6500. For quality of life, I recommend a Samsung 800 series SSD for your OS, or if your motherboard supports it, something like a 950 Pro M.2 drive.

In my experience, Asrock makes decent motherboards at a good price. If you want to spend a little more, Asus or Gigabyte.

tenor.gif

Massicot

I'm not building it, I'm looking for something pre-made.

Well, you could use something like Origin PC / ibuypower / etc to pick the parts.

I've learned in the last ten minutes that trying to find something that isn't so...gaudy is actually far more difficult that finding a pc with the parts I want, lol.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQTQMMJ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That's an affordable (loosely defined, i dunno what your budget was) pc with a moderately good cpu/gpu ddr4 ram and a small SSD you could load your OS on. So many of the pc building companies sure like their RGB though...

bigkrev

Well, you could use something like Origin PC / ibuypower / etc to pick the parts.

I've learned in the last ten minutes that trying to find something that isn't so...gaudy is actually far more difficult that finding a pc with the parts I want, lol.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQTQMMJ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That's an affordable (loosely defined, i dunno what your budget was) pc with a moderately good cpu/gpu ddr4 ram and a small SSD you could load your OS on. So many of the pc building companies sure like their RGB though...

So my brother is starting grad school and needs a laptop to run AutoCAD and 3dsMax, and basically all we are seeing in our budget are "Gamer" laptops that all have the most ass-ugly aesthetic i've ever seen. It's rough.

ckohler

So there's gonna be an One Piece game made for PS VR.

That....actually sounds rather cool, especially if you can explore the ship & see the straw hat crew just relaxing.

Sweet! I hope this comes out in the US. I want to explore the Sunny.

zulux21

Man, imagine Toei trying to make a sequel to One Piece.

Thank god Oda would say "fuck no" to that.

I imagine they would just do the more logical thing and follow one of the million different plot lines that they could follow of the side characters. Most characters from the arcs have updates in the manga covers there is plenty of story to be told there.

...bleh.

I'm just really hoping it doesn't happen, because that's just gross. You can't extend One Piece's world like you can Naruto or Dragonball without screwing it up.

Maybe spin-offs or movies or something? That'd probably still be bad, but not as bad.

*shrugs* dragon ball super is actually pretty fun once you get past the movie remake stuff and those movies were also pretty fun.

Oh, I see.

...yeah, was wondering how Oda managed to make those movies in his state of health. Yikes.

Even for the manga he has to take monthly breaks.

well mostly they force him to... the guy is crazy, batshit insane. He might have toned it down but last I heard it wasn't uncommon for him to spend 80+ hours a week working on one piece. he would only get like 2-4 hours a sleep a day.

Jarate

Banned
I only want the best VR game

Neogaf VR Simulation Experience

The Villain actually wasn't Man God all along, Man God was just controlled by Zeromus!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Some very recent HxH manga spoilers, don't read if you're not caught up, but damn I don't want to hear anyone say
Emperor Time is OP anymore.

TheSun

Eugh, it's mostly gonna be galge games in VR.

Horror is the best genre for the format, I think at least. Hope more are made.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
why are people so vehemently against pineapple on pizza?
not that i would know since i only eat cheese pizza
cuz you're taking something that tastes bad & putting it on something that tastes good, therefore ruining the good taste.

Morlas

cuz you're taking something that tastes bad & putting it on something that tastes good, therefore ruining the good taste.

but i like the taste of pineapple...not that i would put it on pizza....or anything but cheese for that matter....also tokyo ghoul sucks

bigkrev

My Hottake on Pineapple on Pizza: 95% of the USA (ie, anyone who doesn't live in New York or New Jersey) doesn't actually have access to good pizza, and thus can put whatever the fuck they want on it because it's not like you are ruining anything of value.

It's like how it's grossly offensive to put Ketchup on steak, or have Steak cooked at anything higher than medium, but it's fine to do both to a cheap hamburger

Jarate

Banned
why are people so vehemently against pineapple on pizza?
not that i would know since i only eat cheese pizza

How the fuck have you gone through your entire life eating only fucking cheese pizza breh. Like, does fucking plain chicken have too much flavor for you?

Pineapple and Pizza are both really good. im not a big pineapple on Pizza guy, but it never holds me back

My Hottake on Pineapple on Pizza: 95% of the USA (ie, anyone who doesn't live in New York or New Jersey) doesn't actually have access to good pizza, and thus can put whatever the fuck they want on it because it's not like you are ruining anything of value.

It's like how it's grossly offensive to put Ketchup on steak, or have Steak cooked at anything higher than medium, but it's fine to do both to a cheap hamburger

This guy gets it. As someone who lived in Philly for years, who now lives in the pizza hellscape known as Wisconsin, Pizza every where but a select few places is pretty awful (not that there's anything wrong with being garbage food, but like, there's no comparison)

The only topping I want on pizza is pepperoni.

That's it.

Most places pepperoni sucks ass because it's way too thin, so it ends up not providing any flavor. It's a nice flavor adder though

Jarate

Banned
As someone who is not only obese, but works in a pizza creation environment, I shall share with you the best pizza combination coming from a source you know has experience

Chicken, Roasted Garlic, Pepperoni, Hot Sauce, and maybe if I feel a little ambitious some meatballs or mushrooms

Hot Sauce on Pizza is an unexplored must have topping for me. Most places dont ev en offer it as an option which is beyond stupid to me. You put it on either before you cook it or right after it's done, so it has time to seep into the tomato sauce, and the cheese and toppings. Perfect sauce for the umami of the tomatoes and meat, and with the dairy flavor with the cheese. IT JUST WORKS

EDIT: DOUBLE POSTING ABOUT PIZZA, YEAH I DONT GIVE A FUCK

Morlas

hey now don't get me wrong i like pepperoni as much as the next guy, but to me all those extra toppings just get in the way of the sauce and cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom