• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
jojos-bizarre-adventuefslr.gif
So...what are fidget spinners?

They're spinny things meant to help people with ADHD concentrate (and I mean people with actual ADHD), but they're a hula hoop-style fad right now. It'll pass.

BBboy20

jojos-bizarre-adventuefslr.gif

They're spinny things meant to help people with ADHD concentrate (and I mean people with actual ADHD), but they're a hula hoop-style fad right now. It'll pass.
Due to our nature to just playing with stuff, I think it'll always be around though probably as relevant as the stress ball.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pros of Jim Jam season 3:

I know the basic plot because of the arcade game/ova years ago because I'm an old man.
Speedwagon has to be dead for real this time.
Previous Jim Jam is now a racist grandpa who steals the show with his one liners.
Return of the one true Jim Jam's glorious body.

Cons of Jim Jam season 3:

Jim Jam and his momma hating.
Walk with an Egyptian doesn't last the entire run.
Dio barely does anything.
Punch Ghosts are lamer than super breathing holy powers.

So Terry kinda cheats on his girlfriend with a girl who was born into a thief family.

Now, I'm not terribly bothered by it because his girlfriend, Dana, honestly sucks. And two...

download.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
BB is a bit uneven but most of that is caused by being a teenage batman with the various restrictions that causes. It's fantastic if you keep that in mind.

So Terry kinda cheats on his girlfriend with a girl who was born into a thief family.

Now, I'm not terribly bothered by it because his girlfriend, Dana, honestly sucks. And two...

download.png
Dana was cool, they just didn't give her much to do. At least Terry kept a stable relationship unlike fucking Bruce.
8RR3tHU.gif

It amazes me how much Bruce Timm was able to get away with.
Isn't this before Bruce Timm went full Bruce Timm though...*remembers the art book from the animated series*...Nevermind.

BB is a bit uneven but most of that is caused by being a teenage batman with the various restrictions that causes. It's fantastic if you keep that in mind.

Beast Boy?

Edit: Whoops, haven't been keeping up. Didn't help as I had just been watching a Teen Titans overview. Thanks cntr

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Batman Beyond looks incredibly dumb on paper, but it was the shit, yo. Totally shway.

Near future teenage batman going to high school and having kid problems, done directly to market to a younger demographic. Designed to fail seemingly because it replaces Bruce Wayne, someone who has been impossible to replace in comics and the attempt to get a youth audience which almost never works with a spinoff like this.

That's what I was getting at last night when I called it uneven. It's frankly miraculous that the show comes together as well as it does given its handcuffs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've mentioned this before but when on fleek became a thing the only thing I could think of was the use of schway in Batman Beyond.

It's also a testament to Timm and crew's design sense that the Batman Beyond costume became kind of iconic in its own right, despite being the most minimalist interpretation of a Batman costume you could get away with.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's also a testament to Timm and crew's design sense that the Batman Beyond costume became kind of iconic in its own right, despite being the most minimalist interpretation of a Batman costume you could get away with.

This really grew on me. I thought it was hideous throughout the entire run of the show but by the time CN started running it on repeats I was like...this is actually kinda dope and the best all black suit ever.

The show even makes fun of the super pointy ears occasionally.

TheSun

Mr. Freeze was done dirty in that show. Though it did spawn one of my favorite lines:

"Believe me, your the only one who cares."

Also the ending to the last Inque episode freaked me out.

This really grew on me. I thought it was hideous throughout the entire run of the show but by the time CN started running it on repeats I was like...this is actually kinda dope and the best all black suit ever.

It works when you really take in how it fits with the environment. The interior shots in the Batmobile were my favorites.

f7dd35eaf5ed41acf77c77ac96dbb5b9--batman-beyond-sometimes-i-wonder.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's amazing whenever power levels get brought up as there's some stuff that happens later on that make Gohan's nerf and Freezer getting super buff in 4 months look tame by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom