• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I really enjoy some sections of Part 3, but it can be a real slog at times, especially in the first half. Though who knows how I'll think in a group watch setting. I ended up coming out of Part 1 thinking a little more highly of it, so maybe the same can be true for Part 3.
Yeah, the first quarter's a bit of a drag, but I like everything from the
Justice
fight onwards.

I have group-watched it though, and it is way better when you do.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'd watch One Piece now, but my computer acting up means I can't, and I need to download Crunchyroll on my PS4

Xe4

Banned
TBH, based on this anime, I kind of find it hard to be sympathetic to ghouls either. Like, the vast, vast majority of them are horrible monsters.

The only half decent ghouls are the ones at the coffee shop. And even then they still hunt & eat people, vs. trying to find some other way to live.

Crocodile

Do they ever go into Ghoul origins later in the show?

Also what prompted the recent drive to "kill all Ghouls"? There doesn't seem to have been a noticeable trigger. It had to proceed the events of last season's finale.

Jesus the animation is bad in the Super NEP >_<

I miss Ruroni Kenshin.

That's a random anime to name drop

FS0do0p.gif

Just quoting this to see it again

Korigama

TBH, based on this anime, I kind of find it hard to be sympathetic to ghouls either. Like, the vast, vast majority of them are horrible monsters.

The only half decent ghouls are the ones at the coffee shop. And even then they still eat people, vs. trying to find some other way to live.
They never bothered establishing that there is any other way based on their biology (wouldn't know if the manga is any different). It already wasn't clear enough why they can drink coffee without any ill effects. Not much for me to say of the ones at Anteiku, given them establishing random suicides out in the woods as the source of their food supply.
Even Bleach would turn down these character designs.
Bleach's filler arcs say otherwise (the ones that Kubo handled himself usually worked well enough, with aesthetics in general usually being the least of that series' problems).

Moaradin

Crazy kid is probably the most interesting character in this show right now tbh

The show constantly trying to make Mado sympathetic continues to be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom