• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think customizing Link's clothing would be cool, but unless were getting a Zelda MMO where you're not actually playing as Link but random hero a who must take up the mantle after Link falls to Ganon in that third time then we really shouldn't be changing his appearance outside of cosmetic things

tumblr_n6k1m6Q2E21qz6f9yo3_1280.jpg

You know, for kids!

As long as the classic options are there for Pokémon remakes no one should have issue with modifications in a game like that.

Link on the other hand has been more or less the same for around 30 years at this point. That's pretty damn established in my book.

But then why doesn't the same apply to Link? I don't understand when people are upset others have options that doesn't affect them in any way negative? Is it that people don't think time and effort should be put towards this and other things like this for established franchises? To me this doesn't seem the same as the voice acting complaint/desire that crops up from time to time. I can reasonably see who this would benefit and who could want this for reasons other than "this game is lesser without this and not keeping up with the times".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But then why doesn't the same apply to Link? I don't understand when people are upset others have options that doesn't affect them in any way negative? Is it that people don't think time and effort should be put towards this and other things like this for established franchises? To me this doesn't seem the same as the voice acting complaint/desire that crops up from time to time. I can reasonably see who this would benefit and who could want this for reasons other than "this game is lesser without this and not keeping up with the times".

I'm arguing that Link is Link and that branding and marketing is important in characters like this. I agree that if this was made now or heck even 5 or 10 years ago you could have gone choose your own appearance/gender route but Link is a fixed entity now, as solid as any other major brand.

Honestly outside of Commander Shepard from Mass Effect I can't really think of any really iconic gaming characters that allow full customization in terms of gender/race/body size.

Well okay I guess technically Miis

I go back and forth with this kind of stuff.

There's really nothing stopping Link from looking different, I mean he's gone through several revisions over the years anyway but I'm kinda sick of Link being this blank slate too. I'd rather him become a stronger character than just an avatar.

What about Kotor or Skyrim?

Kotor guy ain't canon no more :p

Seriously though while Darth Raven IS iconic, this is how he's iconic

a605cef6d5500ec4226f20804ba17020.jpg

Yeah all your custom characteristics like race/gender mean jack shit because canon Raven wears a mask and a very big robe to keep his gender undefined.

Is piracy a big thing over there or are content owners good at nipping it at the bud before it grows?

Combination of otakus will pay that price and fears of reverse importing since Japan and the U.S. share the same blu-ray region.

EDIT: I should say that's what I've gleaned from reading the Answerman column on ANN.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Combination of otakus will pay that price and fears of reverse importing since Japan and the U.S. share the same blu-ray region.

this was not a major issue until blu-ray hit the scene.

Also Aniplex is the only company more or less that releases the exact same stuff in the US and Japan, which is why they use the same ridiculous prices in both regions.

this was not a major issue until blu-ray hit the scene.

Also Aniplex is the only company more or less that releases the exact same stuff in the US and Japan, which is why they use the same ridiculous prices in both regions.

I have no problem paying Aniplex's crazy prices when the box set comes loaded with crazy amounts of swag. $60 for the first volume of KLK with blu ray/dvd both dub/sub, soundtrack cd, post cards, and posters I feel is a fair value for all you get. It's not for me but I can see the appeal in it

I just want there to eventually be an economic release for those of us who don't have insane amounts of cash to blow. Like Funimation's SAVE line or a season box set that combines two or three volumes into one set. Aniplex never does that. The fact it cost $100 per season for Fate Zero is just ridiculous.

Think so? I seriously doubt it, he's just a figure on the box.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic :p

I have no problem paying Aniplex's crazy prices when the box set comes loaded with crazy amounts of swag. $60 for the first volume of KLK with blu ray/dvd both dub/sub, soundtrack cd, post cards, and posters I feel is a fair value for all you get. It's not for me but I can see the appeal in it.

i think my problem is that they don't release a cheaper blu-ray without the extras. the basic dvd with 4 episodes isn't all that bad since i buy movies for like $20-30. it's terrible compared to the competition, don't get me wrong, but in the general scheme of things i don't think it's that bad.

i think my problem is that they don't release a cheaper blu-ray without the extras. the basic dvd with 4 episodes isn't all that bad since i buy movies for like $20-30. it's terrible compared to the competition, don't get me wrong, but in the general scheme of things i don't think it's that bad.

There is a standard Blu-Ray for $40.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Their original dvd release of TTGL is hilarious, look it up.

Also the Wii U's OS has gone from Ascended SSJ to full on SSJ2 with System Update 5.0.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome to see the Quick Start update being out suddenly. Was starting to wonder when it was coming out.

Seda

Symbionic Titan: July 19th, 2014
Blue Exorcist: August 9th, 2014
Black Lagoon: August 30th, 2014
Space Dandy: October 4th, 2014 (assuming S2 premiers when S1 finishes its rerun and S2 is 13 episodes)
Bleach: October 18th 2014
Attack on Titan: October 18th, 2014
Beware The Batman: Novermber 1st, 2014
Naruto (1st 52 episodes): December 28th, 2014
Samurai Jack: January 24th, 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: May 16th, 2015
Clone Wars: September 12th, 2015
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sure, end of August and October are more interesting with all the front end turnover but I'm really quite interested in what replaces SBT. I hope they don't run it again.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sure, end of August and October are more interesting with all the front end turnover but I'm really quite interested in what replaces SBT. I hope they don't run it again.

Considering they own the rights, it's very likely they'll do a second run through. Then take it off again, then put it back at a later time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Considering they own the rights, it's very likely they'll do a second run through. Then take it off again, then put it back at a later time.

I really hope not, they've shown it enough. Take it off, put Young Justice on before FMAB and end the night with Jack and Clone Wars.

todd360

Symbionic Titan: July 19th, 2014
Blue Exorcist: August 9th, 2014
Black Lagoon: August 30th, 2014
Space Dandy: October 4th, 2014 (assuming S2 premiers when S1 finishes its rerun and S2 is 13 episodes)
Bleach: October 18th 2014
Attack on Titan: October 18th, 2014
Beware The Batman: Novermber 1st, 2014
Naruto (1st 52 episodes): December 28th, 2014
Samurai Jack: January 24th, 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: May 16th, 2015
Clone Wars: September 12th, 2015
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Saw list. Immediately looked for one piece. Felt strange sense of joy and dread.

Amikami

Banned
August is going to be interesting. The 5 weeks or so between the beginning of October to November will be even more interesting.

Raxus

I've been wondering this too. There were some rumblings like a year ago but nothing since then, I think.
I am assuming they just have up which is unfortunate since it would have given me a reason to flood the thread with Megan gifs.

I love that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom