• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I don't really get CEs, well I mean, there's not much to get. But a lot of the time it just seems like stuff you'd look at once and never again.

Though if you've got the disposable income and space, go for it.

bigkrev

I don't really get CEs, well I mean, there's not much to get. But a lot of the time it just seems like stuff you'd look at once and never again.

I pretty much only buy CEs if they have substantial game content- not talking costumes or exclusive items, but stuff like Madden 09 including a whole second game (Head Coach 09) they later sold for 60 dollars

I pretty much only buy CEs if they have substantial game content- not talking costumes or exclusive items, but stuff like Madden 09 including a whole second game (Head Coach 09) they later sold for 60 dollars

Mostly this, though for the Tales games and cameo costumes I'll make an exception

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I usually find DLC pre-order &/or LE bonuses pointless because they'll be useless to me once I beat the game and stop playing it, let along sell the game. I'm starting to like the CD bonuses because it allows me to add another CD to put in my car for when I drive into town & such (Jet Set Radio is sooo goooddd). Artbooks, I kind of agree since I look at them once, are content, then on my shelf it goes.

Kind of the reason why I'm more excited over Shinovi Versus' LE compared to Curtain Call. For $10 more, I feel like I'm getting a better deal compared to $30 more for an LE that I only really care for one of the items, & even then I don't what songs are on the disk.

Seda

I bought the Zelda Hyrule Historia thing. It was pretty much the first gaming related non-game item I've ever bought. I figured Zelda is a cool series and this isn't expensive, so why not? I regret buying it, I flipped through it once and it's been sitting under my bed ever since.

So yeah, Collector's Edition junk I can do without. I buy games to play games. Definitely not the collecting type, and my experience with Hyrule Historia solidified that. My wallet thanks me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, considering how limited my budget is for the time being, I find it hard to justify stuff like artbooks (which I'll look through once & that's it, though they probably make for nice coffee table books) & figurines (I'm not spending $50+ for something to sit there). If it's included with a bundle & priced decently, then I get excited because I'm getting a bonus with my game.

All boils down to what I get and how much I have to pay. Still kind of glad I skipped on Tales of Symphonia HD's LE & just waited to get it for $10 on PSN to use the money/credit on other games.

Raxus

Remember the SAO card game ads we got after every episode? Good times.

I wonder if the loli card caused the user to instantly be arrested.

LOLDSFAN

Wall of quotes

r69qK.gif

Yeah I feel the same way. They're just extra money and at the end of the day I'll be enjoying the game more than the extra stuff.

Gorillaz

Woke up this morning in cold sweats....No bleach for 2 days is making me feel sick yall.

Man God, start up the clock, how much time until the best show on the block comes on.

No numbers yet but I can give you this:

Saturday night’s anime block presentation TOONAMI earned performance was highlighted by Naruto: Shippuden (1 a.m.), which ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-34 (3% delivery growth), men 18-24 (35% delivery growth) and men 18-34 (15% delivery growth) compared to the same time period last year. Adults and men 18-49 also grew, by 8% and 26%, respectively. Additional Saturday late night series One Piece (1:30 a.m.), Blue Exorcist (2 a.m.), Black Lagoon (2:30 a.m.) and Beware the Batman (3 a.m.) each ranked #1 in their respective timeslots on all basic cable for delivery of men 18-24 & 18-34.

Takashi

how much time until the best show on the block comes on

Final Act hasn't been announced yet tho

The Luigi gifs are seriously making me want to get a wii u. I wanted to wait for smash though, hoping that by then there would be another small price drop or something.

That... doesn't sound all that promising, to be honest.

Here's one way to read it: the shows before Shippuden could've pulled their usual numbers or even slightly below, but the NBA game beat them in the demos they pointed out, so they were not highlighted.

On the flip side, the other shows did well because with a lower number of cable viewers overall after the NBA game ended, their performance put them higher on the chart.

Does that make sense?

daveo42

Banned
No numbers yet but I can give you this:

We expecting holiday weekend numbers for the 1.5hrs of the block? It's good to see a rebound during Shippuden based on demographic and we'll probably have decent numbers through 230, but I'm not expecting anything spectacular.

Toonami will rebound.

Ratings are in

timthumb.php

For its entire week in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 6 percent in total viewership (1.245 million vs. 1.170 million) and up 1 percent among Adults 18-49 (680,000 vs. 672,000) from one week earlier; the network is also up 1 percent in total viewership (1.245 million vs. 1.231 million) and almost even among Adults 18-49 (680,000 vs. 677,000) from the same week one year ago

SATURDAY, MAY 31, 2014
HOUSEHOLD RATINGS AND TOTAL VIEWERS
11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.8 HH, 1.225 million viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.7 HH, 1.067 million viewers
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.6 HH, 898,000 viewers
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.7 HH, 963,000 viewers
1:30AM One Piece 0.6 HH, 907,000 viewers
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.6 HH, 774,000 viewers
2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.5 HH, 657,000 viewers
3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.5 HH, 635,000 viewers
3:30AM Naruto 0.6 HH, 657,000 viewers
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 596,000 viewers
4:30AM Samurai Jack 0.4 HH, 487,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.5 HH, 635,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 446,000 viewers

ADULTS 18-49
11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.5 rating, 627,000 adults 18-49
12:00AM Bleach 0.4 rating, 547,000 adults 18-49
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.3 rating, 439,000 adults 18-49
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.4 rating, 485,000 adults 18-49
1:30AM One Piece 0.3 rating, 431,000 adults 18-49
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.3 rating, 381,000 adults 18-49
2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.3 rating, 318,000 adults 18-49
3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.2 rating, 315,000 adults 18-49
3:30AM Naruto 0.3 rating, 343,000 adults 18-49
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.3 rating, 318,000 adults 18-49
4:30AM Samurai Jack 0.2 rating, 267,000 adults 18-49
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.2 rating, 302,000 adults 18-49
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.2 rating, 220,000 viewers

Source

People came back in droves for Shippuden. Weird. The block hasn't been doing as great as I hope it would. Especially not AoT. Man, i'm really bummed out.

Tamanon

Banned
Attack on Titan was never going to set the world on fire. It's getting respectable ratings for a show of its quality. Good on One Piece for holding this week.

daveo42

Banned
People came back in droves for Shippuden. Weird. The block hasn't been doing as great as I hope it would. Especially not AoT. Man, i'm really bummed out.

Repeat Dandy isn't holding viewership like the shows with premieres.

Ratings are in

AoT posting decent numbers, along with Bleach and Shippuden. Glad to see One Piece actually hold some of those viewers this week. After that though, massive drops at BE and BL.

I think the biggest issue with the block come in from Dandy being a repeat at 12am not holding viewers through till the end of the shounen block. People are less likely to come back later in the evening if they tune out early to avoid a repeat show.

Gorillaz

The thing with AoT is, is the fact people are most likely watched or are watching the sub version. AoT will be fine, and I still think it is acting as the current portal to Anime. Not as big as DBZ was but still big enough to the point you have both new and especially old fans like me coming back after an anime hiatus.

I just think that's the gift/curse of having Toonami on so late and showing shows that have already aired somewhere or sometime else .I can see new episodes of Dandy doing good for the simple fact it is constantly a "world premiere"

Black Lagoon :(

She too Tsundere for them, friend. That's what makes her perfect waifu status

Amikami

Banned
Not horrible. I can't help but wonder what it is about Black Lagoon that people do not like. It's definitely unlike most the other shows on the block. Just out of curiosity, but there's no point in whining I think we're all used to its poorer than expected viewer numbers. Looks like people really came back for Shippuden. A few even came back for part 1 Naruto.

Space Dandy should really be at 3:00am.

We know season 3 is coming in a few weeks, no reason to completely shuffle the block for a few weeks then shuffle it back. I assume once dandy s2 ends it'll join bebop in a wantabe power hour

Not horrible. I can't help but wonder what it is about Black Lagoon that people do not like. It's definitely unlike most the other shows on the block. Just out of curiosity, but there's no point in whining I think we're all used to its poorer than expected viewer numbers. Looks like people really came back for Shippuden. A few even came back for part 1 Naruto.

Probably on too late plus people not watching because it's censored

i think it might be because its plot requires you to pay a little bit more attention than people are comfortable with at like 2:30. but you'd think the action would make up for that.

Gorillaz

There is no real thinking to be done watching Lagoon tho. Really the plot were in now is the only one that takes some "thinking" regarding the Leader that kidnapped Rock and what his mission statement and goal is. If that is the real problem tho, then BL is going to have a rough time in ratings for long last arc
Russians/Revy/Rock's Japan takeover
of season 2 since it requires alot more attention to the story since it has alot more moving parts.

I think AoT will have some trouble down the line also.

Whos second best girl

Eda the Nun from episode 7 of course.

edit: at least bleach is doing good....which is all that matters

Tamanon

Banned
Space Dandy isn't an issue on ratings. If you look at the folks who came back for Shippuden, it's only a loss of 100k from Bleach, which is normal degradation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom