• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

UR7d6hN.gif
Whoa, he has a rocket launcher?

NVM, just never realized it kind of looks like one.

Jintor

I love how Stocking looks EXACTLY like every human version of Twilight Sparkle ever.

You're not looking at enough human versions of Twilight Sparkle. Some fanartists have realised that just because you started as an anthropomorphic animal doesn't mean you have to immediately be some white chick. It's like with Pokemon Ginjakas. Fanartists don't have to go for demographics so they can just make whatever ethnicity they want. Hajib Fluttershy and Sassy Asian Rarity bro. It's about that variety.

Crocodile

You're not looking at enough human versions of Twilight Sparkle. Some fanartists have realised that just because you started as an anthropomorphic animal doesn't mean you have to immediately be some white chick. It's like with Pokemon Ginjakas. Fanartists don't have to go for demographics so they can just make whatever ethnicity they want. Hajib Fluttershy and Sassy Asian Rarity bro. It's about that variety.

Interestingly enough, I feel like a GOOD number, if not most, of the human Twilights I've come across interpret her as Indian. I'm pretty sure its following the Twilight = Smart, Indians = Smart, Twilight = Indian logic which is honestly kind of racist but at least its working off positive stereotypes and whatever gets more darker-skinned females out there in fiction (or I guess in this case fan fiction) the better :)

Jintor

Interestingly enough, I feel like a GOOD number, if not most, of the human Twilights I've come across interpret her as Indian. I'm pretty sure its following the Twilight = Smart, Indians = Smart, Twilight = Indian logic which is honestly kind of racist but at least its working off positive stereotypes and whatever gets more darker-skinned females out there in fiction (or I guess in this case fan fiction) the better :)

One funny result of the Harry Potter movies actually being made in a real life place was that they actually got a pretty ethnically diverse mix of students in the movies. I mean, JK Rowling never makes much of a point of talking about racial stuff anyway, but I don't even remember whether Dean Thomas was black in the books or not.

She still loses points for Cho Chang though. Unless she's Korean-Chinese or something.

One funny result of the Harry Potter movies actually being made in a real life place was that they actually got a pretty ethnically diverse mix of students in the movies. I mean, JK Rowling never makes much of a point of talking about racial stuff anyway, but I don't even remember whether Dean Thomas was black in the books or not.

She still loses points for Cho Chang though. Unless she's Korean-Chinese or something.

In the books there was at the very least the aforementioned Cho (accuracy in naming aside) , Parvarti and Padma Patil and Dean Thomas. A lot of other side characters it was up in the air of what their descriptions could entail. However the movies loses points for one casting thing they did indicative of the racist practices in the movie industry. Lavender Brown, previously played by black british actresses was recast with a white actress in Half-Blood Prince, the book/movie in which that character goes from being a minor mentioned character to a love interest of Ron and thus a significant side plot character.

Jintor

In the books there was at the very least the aforementioned Cho (accuracy in naming aside) , Parvarti and Padma Patil and Dean Thomas. A lot of other side characters it was up in the air of what their descriptions could entail. However the movies loses points for one casting thing they did indicative of the racist practices in the movie industry. Lavender Brown, previously played by black british actresses was recast with a white actress in Half-Blood Prince, the book/movie in which that character goes from being a minor mentioned character to a love interest of Ron and thus a significant side plot character.

I do recall that sucking.

I completely forgot about the Patil sisters! They were rad in the books. I remember thinking "Man it's cool that British wizards are Indian-descended too" (a lot of my classmates in primary/high school were Sri Lanken/Indian descended so I regarded it as pretty normal). I don't recall where/when Dean being black was really pointed out, but I do think you're right, insofar as I recall it.

Wish she'd come out with that Harry Potter encyclopedia some day. I remember the tiny little bits of information she threw out during the Quidditch World Cup and being like "Oh man a WIZARDING WORLLLLDDDDD"

daveo42

Banned
I may just feel motivated to re-re-watch Enies lobby if i see another gif

There are some legit fantastic episodes during the course of the arc. I know I've rewatched a few episodes lately still blow me away with how powerful they are. I don't have the time right now to rewatch it, but watching it weekly with ToonamiGAF is scratching that itch.

At least we have an army of Luigi death stares for posts like that.

E3 is going to be awesome

E3 is going to be a bloodbath.

daveo42

Banned
My Bish is ready
iGmfAbl3FtQXc.gif

Actually think it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Yeah, it's definitely going to be fun.
inarzIz8L4XYK.gif

Them exclusive announcements. It is already becoming a bloodbath.

As far as 'if' GAF goes down. At this point I just see at as 'when' GAF goes down.

I didn't have too bad an experience last year with GAF being down. It was just at its worst during the major conferences. Rest of the week it was a-ok.

Raxus

Assuming Beast Souls is announced along with a handful of other announcements then GAF is going to explode. Watching Nintendo is going to be a pain in the ass if last year and the free game DLC is any indication.

bigkrev

But what if GAF goes down

And that is why I'm apparently going to a movie theater to watch Sony

And if Twitter dies during the Microsoft conference when I can't watch I will ___________

In 2010, for Nintendo, I had to work, so I was just refreshing twitter every 20 seconds or so, and reached the maximum number of refresh requests in an hour at like 200. I didn't even know that was possible

daveo42

Banned
Beast Souls being announced and GAF will implode. I'm not expecting the site to be up after 9pm EST on Monday. The 3rd party exclusive from MS might bring the site to its knees as well.

And that is why I'm apparently going to a movie theater to watch Sony

And if Twitter dies during the Microsoft conference when I can't watch I will ___________

In 2010, for Nintendo, I had to work, so I was just refreshing twitter every 20 seconds or so, and reached the maximum number of refresh requests in an hour at like 200. I didn't even know that was possible

Wait...that's an actual thing? Overshare sure, but refreshing?

I'm just hoping my wifi signal at work is good enough to keep the Nintendo stream up Tuesday morning. I'll be having my friend watch the live stream from EA and Ubi in the case that anything actually good is announced. I can always watch the trailers later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish I could watch the Sony press conference at the theaters, but they're not even doing it in MI....oh well, either on TV or via stream, I guess. I prefer non-stream methods so I can watch it without the risk of lag or buffering & such.

E3 is probably going to decide if I go with the PS4 or XBO. I'm definitely buying one of those two systems this summer in preparation for Destiny.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bleh, Spike is only doing the press conferences for Xbox & EA and only day of coverage is on Monday. I remember when they & G4 did all of them & did coverage on each day.

Seda

I'm going to be on New York national lab campus during E3. Monday is free so I might be able to follow, on the cruddy internet connection there anyway.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, see Revy in ad on Xbox Live, says it's a sale on certain anime.....$17 for each season, making it $34 for both...which is about $6 more than that Blu-Ray/DVD combo.

...although $13 for the entire series of Welcome to the NHK is very tempting.

Does Spike run ads in the middle of press conferences? I can understand going ad-free in the morning, but Sony's is in prime time and isn't getting ad-free coverage on a network.

The last time I remember them airing an ad was during the Halo 3 (I think it was 3, it was def a Halo game) world premiere trailer where it cut to commercial and you could hear Adam Sessler saying 'this is unprofessional' right before it cut. That was on G4 years ago though, not sure about Spike.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does Spike run ads in the middle of press conferences? I can understand going ad-free in the morning, but Sony's is in prime time and isn't getting ad-free coverage on a network.
I recall the press conferences being ad-free on Spike. Just the rest of the coverage had commercials.

bigkrev

The last time I remember them airing an ad was during the Halo 3 (I think it was 3, it was def a Halo game) world premiere trailer where it cut to commercial and you could hear Adam Sessler saying 'this is unprofessional' right before it cut. That was on G4 years ago though, not sure about Spike.

I recall the press conferences being ad-free on Spike. Just the rest of the coverage had commercials.

Yeah, I remember that. There is a reason you have to go commercial free for stuff like this, which means you either need lots of product placement sponsors (ie, Geoff Keighly actually drinking a Mountain Dew and holding a bag of Doritos every time he is shown), or you eat the cost. And running it live is an even greater expense.

The idea behind doing something like this- running a show that you think will draw people that don't normally watch your network- would be to show ads for your other shows and hope the audience decides to come back for them. Without commercials, your stuck doing little ads at the corner of the screen, which aren't really effective.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got Monday and Tuesday off though I might help my mom watch my nephew very early on Tuesday.

Tuesday is by far the more important of the two days to me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think it's a 4x4, it's basically a perfect square. It's a piece of junk, but I didn't know Win7 still had BSOD

Vista and beyond did a remarkable job getting rid of various hardware conflicts that gave the BSOD on all previous versions of windows so often. Now you pretty much only get them when you have some faulty hardware.

Raxus

Just need to get 2 3 stars on MK8 and I got Mirror Mode Grand Prix unlocked.

Also, I just took a half day off of work on Monday (12:00 p.m.). Will rush home for Microsoft.

I am on vacation so I will be able to see everything at the beach and when GAF crashes? Well there is still the beach :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom