• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are liking Bleach all of a sudden. I can't tell what's real and what's fake anymore! Am I posting on a message board or am I back in Recall!?!

bigkrev

l8Q3GQR.gif

ugh, don't post gifs from the only good thing Bleach ever did i'm going to need to drink or something

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People are liking Bleach all of a sudden. I can't tell what's real and what's fake anymore! Am I posting on a message board or am I back in Recall!?!

This thread is actually the Fake June TOONAMI thread (which is why it started in May) moved so that the final arc of Bleach wouldn't cause mass collateral damage when it ended.

Amikami

Banned
wasnt at the top of the block for so long for no reason, you see

True. Being totally serious, there's something about shows like Bleach and Naruto that are a big hit. Something about Shonen that people love.

On another note, kinda offtopic kinda not, I adore that latest Color spread poster for Naruto featured in SJ. So much great influence (Lord of the Rings?) and creativity. Wouldn't mind a oneshot of this plot set in that world. Everyone looks great. Especially love Kakashi. I don't think I would be allowed to post it here. Not a spoiler at all for anyone who wants to check it out.

Crocodile

Guys. We totally need Mahouka Kokou no Rettossei on Toonami. Like... right now.

Is that the show with that high school Magic student who is super good at EVERYTHING but the school doesn't recognize it and his sister who's thirsty for him and other stupid shit? Sorry, I couldn't make it through the entire first episode without wanting to gag so keep that from Toonami thank you very much.

EDIT: Or do you want it on as one of those "so bad its good" shows? I'd prefer actually good show to be honest.

Arena was hilarious in that they'd always play the same damn games and they'd try to make playing SOCOM 2 and DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball look like a high stakes competition.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Arena was hilarious in that they'd always play the same damn games and they'd try to make playing SOCOM 2 and DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball look like a high stakes competition.

All I know is they always played this one mecha game that i always wanted to play.

BBboy20

I am not on a bleach hate train like everybody else, but what I will say is, tite kubo certainly forgot that bleach got popular because it had a really unique and modern style to it. the story has gone to a completely different place, you wont ever get the feeling The first opening perfectly captures that is the spirit of bleach, or atleast what it use to be.
It could have been the Ghostbusters of Anime. Could have been not DBZ with Swords. We may never know now.

man watching that first opening brought back a weird nostalgia feel for that mid 00s part of my life .
Man, things really seem like they reached their maximum level of relevance and culture then.

anime unleashed
introduced me to the gungrave anime which I consider one of the best animes ever made with a great dub.
Anime Unleashed is what actually started my internet life. Wanted to talk to others or maybe the advertising said to go where the conversation is but The Anime Unleashed forum at ITV/G4.com was where I got used to living in my room for long periods of time........which is funny because that was how I discovered NeoGAF through this thread, because I felt alone in regards of the discussion of Toonami when it came back on the air...

I think I won't get an Xbox One until the end of the generation, when it's really cheap.
I still don't trust them...
Then again I have trust issues out the ass so that may just be me.
I ain't getting one until all the executive employees of the Xbox division who were involved with the Bone leave it and/orish the division really disbands from Microsoft.

This E3 is going to be a blood bath I can feel it, The gaming side has been on the edge and doomy and gloomy all week. It's going to be a great E3.
Doom and gloom was from May 21st to June 10th, 2013.

Ripip g4tv
After the new rules of the forums of basically removing any kind of clearance of potential trouble makers and further reduction of mod authority, different communities formed message boards of their own. Plenty did left while others also still dabled in what a wasteland it became. Looking back, I may have been a regular for less then 2 years but it my time there seemed like a lifetime.

That thread title change makes me feel some type of way. I've waited so long for this moment, BleachGAF is best gaf.

tumblr_mj6xl3x09S1s0rs3fo1_500.gif

bleachgaf, it finally happened, MCXC has taken toonamigaf over

"Home of BleachGAF" huh, I almost didn't click
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Well now this is mandatory
(bit loud towards the end)

Also gucci should don his old avatar

200x200px-ZC-7b0e94d0_african-celebration-o.gif

I don't even remember his other avatars.

old one was a transparent version of this

piq_64297_400x400.png

I never watched early Bleach but I never really liked that opening :/

Good, you're one of the few people who realize Orange Asterisk is the worst opening in the series.

don't remind me of the days of the almost actually decent g4tv era :<

Judgement Day, X-Play, Arena, The Screen Savers/Attack of the Show, Late Night With Martin Sargent, Icons, Cheat, Players, Portal, Electric Playground and G4TV.com were all great back in the day. My memories of summer a decade ago revolve around biking over to blockbuster or gamestop to buy GCN/PS2 games and sitting in my basement watching G4.

Even when they started trying to steal the SpikeTV audience in the late 00's with shows like Unbeatable Banzuke, Ninja Warrior, Cheaters, etc I still watched. Unfortunately DirecTV dropped the network a while ago so I have no idea how they're doing now or what content they air.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish I could use that Space Dandy picture as a background for something, but I don't think it'd fit on anything.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom