• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

whynotboth.jpg

Indeed. I have criticisms of both shows, not insignificant ones, but I still enjoy both. And I'm not trying to be passive or sitting-on-the-fence - I watched the original first and enjoyed it, and then I watched Brotherhood and enjoyed it.

Levyne

Banned
Indeed. I have criticisms of both shows, not insignificant ones, but I still enjoy both. And I'm not trying to be passive or sitting-on-the-fence - I watched the original first and enjoyed it, and then I watched Brotherhood and enjoyed it.

You are just easy to please. Be more discerning.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's been so long since I've seen the original that I can't really give a good comparison/opinion.

....at the very least, I can say the newer movie is muuuuuch better than the old movie?

Seda

It's been so long since I've seen the original that I can't really give a good comparison/opinion.

....at the very least, I can say the newer movie is muuuuuch better than the old movie?

While my viewings of Shamballa and Milos aren't recent I remember feeling that way

I haven't finished Brotherhood, but the original has a lot of stupidity that bothers me even ignoring the ending. I'll probably elaborate more when I'm not on a phone and have the notes I made on the show.

I haven't seen the original series outside of random episodes late night on Adult Swim back in high school. Brotherhood was awesome though, I really enjoyed watching that during its previous run on toonami. I can't think of a single complaint other than
the plot dragging a little bit once they got to briggs

Seda

One thing that bothers me about 'A' vs 'B' threads is that people feel a need to prove themselves as the 'correct opinion'.

I don't mind explanations of said opinions, but I feel like people don't realize that it's okay if someone disagrees.

Crocodile

Reading through a bit of that FMA vs FMA:B thread there are so many things I'm reading that make me want to facepalm but I have too much shit to do today and too little energy to trap myself in a vortex of responding to posts so I think I'm just going to stay out of it :/

789shadow

Banned
One thing that bothers me about 'A' vs 'B' threads is that people feel a need to prove themselves as the 'correct opinion'.

I don't mind explanations of said opinions, but I feel like people don't realize that it's okay if someone disagrees.
No. Someone is wrong on the Internet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I read OP, GTO every few years, and have dedicated myself to seeing Naruto through to the end. Also sometimes I remember Kenichi exists and catch up on it. I vastly prefer anime though.

Tamanon

Banned
I only read Bleach and Shokugeki no Soma(Can't wait for an anime adaptation of that). Not a huge manga fan. I'll glance through Naruto each week, and occasionally check in on One Piece to see if I'm missing anything.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I only read Bleach and Shokugeki no Soma(Can't wait for an anime adaptation of that). Not a huge manga fan. I'll glance through Naruto each week, and occasionally check in on One Piece to see if I'm missing anything.

I claim to like Bleach and even I can't read more than two or three chapters a year.

It's the one anime that completely blows away the manga in my opinion. The manga is unreadable most of the time while the show is usually at least tolerable, if sometimes really bad.

Am I the only person watching anime that doesn't actually care about manga?
Nope. I don't either.

I might take a step further and say I don't watch much subbed anime at all. I only watched some of Kill LA Kill this year. Other than that not much.
Anyone else?

daveo42

Banned
I read the big three, two out of obligation to read through to the end. HxH has come back into rotation now. Most other series I read I usually catch up with every so often, like Silver Spoon, Skip Beat and AoT.

I like watching the anime but it seems like I have an easier job squeezing in a few chapters as opposed to an episode or two. Some other shows suffer from long running manga that end up not being a popular anime and get canceled. Others, like Bleach, suffer from poor pacing and tons of filler. For me, reading the manga usually gives me the complete story while anime supplement the source.

bigkrev

This only matters to me when something is objectively better. If I made a "Bad Rats vs Super Mario 3" thread, for example. FMA vs Brotherhood is another one of these topics where FMA is objectively better than Brotherhood, and the only argument I would even entertain is that Brotherhood is in HD while FMA wasn't.

Levyne

Banned
This only matters to me when something is objectively better. If I made a "Bad Rats vs Super Mario 3" thread, for example. FMA vs Brotherhood is another one of these topics where FMA is objectively better than Brotherhood, and the only argument I would even entertain is that Brotherhood is in HD while FMA wasn't.

A pretty stupid post, to be honest, but maybe that's what you were going for.

Seda

Did I mention that shoving 'objectively' into opinionated arguments about entertainment media is silly?

daveo42

Banned
What a foolish fool to foolishly use that word.

Also, read a rumor of a Lightning Collection of all FF13 games on PS4 & X1. I look forward to the reactions if it's true.

It would replace the lack of FFXV and KH3 at E3 this year.

Please be excited about HD remakes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd make a thread in gaming, but I tend to stay away from making threads based around rumors. Plus I'm sure someone else will eventually.

Levyne

Banned
I'd make a thread in gaming, but I tend to stay away from making threads based around rumors. Plus I'm sure someone else will eventually.

Kagari would probably squash a thread (if there isn't one)

KYAJxMA.png

Though I'm not sure which of the three logos is the Japanese one?

PN9mvmQl.jpg

daveo42

Banned
It's good you decided not to post that then. I'm learning photos of any screen at an angle are instantly fake. Like that really bad TekkenxSF 'leak' my friend told me about.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kagari would probably squash a thread (if there isn't one)

Though I'm not sure which of the three logos is the Japanese one?
& that's another reason, because I figured DetectiveGAF would have solved it easily. Also, I see what he means by JPN logo & US logo. JPN logo has Japanese underneath the name while US doesn't. FF13 has the Japanese underneath the name while 13-2 & LR don't in that picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom