• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

How are you guys following the coverage? I'm watching twitch but the commentary doesn't seem very good. Any better options?

I'm not watching any post-conference coverage. Too cringe worthy for me.

I watched the first conference with IGN. The last two (due to IGN breaking) with Twitch.

So apparently I didn't miss much by sleeping through Ubi's conference.
You missed this:
e3ub12wdbu2p.gif

Also this:
www3tufy.gif

789shadow

Banned
I honestly think The Last Guardian might be impossible to achieve on current technology, and has been "paused" until at least very late in the PS4's life, if not to the next console or beyond.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sony conference was inconsistent as hell.
It started strong, then it dragged with stats and TV/movies, then ended on a somewhat decent note.
Still the best conference of the day.

Here are my highlights of the day (will update tomorrow when Nintendo happens)

Far Cry 4
Bloodborne (I know it was a CG trailer, but I saw the WEBMs)
Arkham Knight
Grim Fandango HD
No Man's Sky
Mortal Kombat X
Bro Force on PS4
Sunset Overdrive

Honorable mentions to Scalebound and Uncharted 4

LOLDSFAN

Sony got the lead right now.

They really should have cut it down to an hour and gotten rid of the original programming stuff.

But yeah the gaming focused parts were good. I mean their Far Cry demo was better than the creator's demo lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
and I LOVE the Wii U.

X, Smash Bros 4, Bayonetta 2, Zelda, Game that needs the Gamepad*, SMT x FE.

*what a title!

First hour of Sony press conference

1355670-reaction_guys_2.jpg

Next 30 minutes

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

Final 15 minutes

Please pretend that last 30 minutes didn't happen

Sorry but that press conference went from amazing to god awful, there was some really weak stuff they showed like LBP3 and that Order trailer but overall it had more highs then lows... they just had one very big and very long boring low that killed all hype the conference had.

Solid B for Sony, Microsoft gets a solid C, Ubisoft gets a solid D, and my score for EA is still in prototype

Had they cut out that middle 30 minutes of blaaaaaah It'd probably be more like an A-, but all these press conferences told me is that I don't need either of these systems until 2015, most of the big games this fall seem to mostly be remasters of old games

The Last Of Us PS4
Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil
GTA5 PS4/XBO
Halo Master Chief Collection

Seriously did either Sony or Microsoft have a big fall title that wasn't Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and Assassin's Creed or a lage gen up port?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Arkham Knight looks like the result of developing exclusively for the newest consoles and NOT doing cross-gen.
Cross-gen is silly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Batman looked like more of the same.

Will probably buy one day just to hear that voice acting.

Despite my snark I did like a lot of that conference.

Also Bass I have to know what those colors looked like to you in No Man's Sky. Those colors!

My big problem with the Arkham Knight (besides it's 2015 like 90% of the games shown today) is they didn't do a good job of showing how the bat mobile stuff flows into the game structure. In that trailer we got

-Batman flies around the city randomly

-Batman calls his batmobile, drives around gotham randomly

-Batman fights dudes with his hover tank bat mobile

-Batman gets out of his batmobile and flies around some more

-Standard batman Arkham stealth gameplay

-Scarecrow tease at the end

The entire section with the batmobile while cool was really strange in context of what they showed us. Nothing I gathered from the trailer would have stopped the player from flying to the warehouse in the first place. I hope in the main game there is a better reason for why I'd want to not just fly directly to my destination.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also I'm not a fan of driving segments in open world games not designed around driving. Even worse, vehicular combat in said games.

Batman checking to make sure they were robbits before going all nutso with the explosions was worth a laugh, he was also driving like he didn't give a shit about the safety of the citizens of Gotham.

I think Destiny is clearly being pushed as the big title this fall

True, but as others have pointed out that's cross gen, neither is going to make me go out and buy a PS4/XBO to play as I can play them on systems I already own. Yeah Destiny will be better on PS4/XBO, but they haven't really done a good job on going "this is why you want/need the ps4/xbo version instead of the ps3/360" outside of graphics and I'm sorry better graphics doesn't justify the cost of a $400 system. Exclusives games and meaningful content due

Batman looked like more of the same.

Will probably buy one day just to hear that voice acting.

Despite my snark I did like a lot of that conference.

Also Bass I have to know what those colors looked like to you in No Man's Sky. Those colors!

Look really bizarre to me, the dino planet in particular I had a very hard time telling what I was looking at, the space stuff looked good

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Next Year in The Last Guardian Cycle:

The game will be officially moved to PS4.

The year after that it will miss E3.

Then it will be canceled in 2017.

EDIT: The plants were a very oversatured red on the first planet in No Man's Sky to the point where I had to look away at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom