• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
Getting a $200 refurb'd Wii U for my younger sis.

+ $48 MK8 from Amazon
+ free Wind Waker from the MK8 promo
+ free DK:TF I won from Nintendo's Twitter

She should be pretty happy. That's a console and four games (including Nintendoland) for just $248. That's less than the Wii was for its first four years.

My older sis/brother in law already has a Wii U and so do two coworkers. At least anecdotally, more people I know have Wii U's than other current gen systems. I only know one coworker who has a PS4.
Hmmmm.............

Yep, I'm gonna bite at the same thing you did.

Raxus

I got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Wonderful 101 for 40 bucks as well so I am set on my Wii U game for quite some time.

Wish I got DK:TF for free. I can't find it on sale anywhere :(

I got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Wonderful 101 for 40 bucks as well so I am set on my Wii U game for quite some time.

Wish I got DK:TF for free. I can't find it on sale anywhere :(

If you got to best buy where they have the smash thing you can get a coupon for $20 dollars off select WiiU games including DK:TF

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still need to get Tropical Freeze & Wonderful 101 (god I wish this was free for the US MK8 deal). Gonna go with Wind Waker HD once the new Club Nintendo reward year starts on July 1st. Still bummed I couldn't get the LE with the figurine.

Definitely biting on that Mario Kart 8 amazon deal tomorrow morning, so I'll be able to claim Wind Waker just for buying that? Two excellent games for $24 would be a heck of a deal.

I've thought about getting a refurbished Wii U but I'm scared to death it'll be in crap condition, I've always gotten my systems brand spanking new. Not sure if I should take the plunge or just spend the extra money to get it at gamestop.

Definitely biting on that Mario Kart 8 amazon deal tomorrow morning, so I'll be able to claim Wind Waker just for buying that? Two excellent games for $24 would be a heck of a deal.

I've thought about getting a refurbished Wii U but I'm scared to death it'll be in crap condition, I've always gotten my systems brand spanking new. Not sure if I should take the plunge or just spend the extra money to get it at gamestop.

You have to make a club nintendo account and register the game on their, though I believe with the MK8 WiiU Bundle if you make an account (or have an account) and register the system you get MK8 registered automatically as well and then the option for the free game pops up

You have to make a club nintendo account and register the game on their, though I believe with the MK8 WiiU Bundle if you make an account (or have an account) and register the system you get MK8 registered automatically as well and then the option for the free game pops up

So basically just make a club Nintendo account, register the game when it arrives, and then redeem Wind Waker when I get my Wii U?

789shadow

Banned

I'm pretty sure the refurbished systems have gotten great reviews.

bigkrev

Spending a minute watching the Steam video Nintendo is streaming right now, game is basically valkyria chronicles with slightly more rigidness to traditional turn based stuff (ie, they do show boxes on the ground).

Looks pretty good

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Spending a minute watching the Steam video Nintendo is streaming right now, game is basically valkyria chronicles with slightly more rigidness to traditional turn based stuff (ie, they do show boxes on the ground).

Looks pretty good
Gonna have to watch the archived version since my internet decided to stop being good. But when I saw/heard it was similar to Valkyria Chronicles, I figured it'd be up my alley.

Edit: Oh man, the Amiibo packaging. & it seems they'll cost about $10. Also no blind-buy packaging, thank goodness....now make some of Sonic, Mega Man, & Pac-Man. Now the question is if I keep them unopened or actually use them.

Seda

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/88598745248/lacking-a-little-dandy-in-your-life-wanna-know

tumblr_n6xvpqEA6V1r2pq5wo1_500.gif

Lacking a little Dandy in your life? Wanna know more about SPACE DANDY, season 2? Good news! Bandai is rebroadcasting the livestream of their one hour Space Dandy announcement event in English, tonight at 10pm. Go to http://video.adultswim.com/toonami/ and check it out if you want to know more about Space Dandy season 2. See you there!

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Looks pretty good

They've allowed you to turn off the boxes in FE games since the GCN one and I guarandamntee it'll be in this one for people who don't like it.

I fucking love boxes.

EDIT: http://instagram.com/p/pKAve_MY_H/#

THE DREAM IS BACK ON!

Seda

Caught up on a few episode I missed.

Beware the Batman wasn't bad, it was just kinda boring. eh. The animation is suuuper janky at times. Also everything seems to have a ton of weight, things 'fall' very quickly.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - I really like this episode. I think the 'delay' between Hughe's actual death and when the Elrics find out works out pretty well. Half of the episode has this dramatic irony effect where you know the revelation is coming and it adds to the tension/sadness. You also see Mustang being a bit mopey and hesitant when he's by himself. He's desperately trying to solve the situation (Armstrong even tells him that he doesn't look well or something to that effect). Yet he maintains his composure in lying to the Elrics. Hawkeye calls this cruel. I think the waviness in Mustang's once-stoic nature is pretty well done without resorting to him 'going emo'. And even after the Elrics learn the truth, the sadness doesn't really fully hit until Winry tears up thinking about wanting to have Hughes taste her apple pie. It's a simple gesture but I think the episode build to the 'feels' pretty adequately. And next episode is the asshole Mustang episode, haha.

Samurai Jack was kinda cute. Lots of scenic shots with nature sound effects. One of those dialogue-lite episodes. It probably put Man God to sleep.

Probably not going to bother with Clone Wars.

Jintor

Hold up a tick Guuchi, I can't remember if you needed to have an account registered prior to June to redeem or not. Hopefully you don't - that would be fucking weird for a new console buyer promo deal - but there were some weird problems going on back then.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A few things about the MK 8 promotion

1. This code is special in a few ways, one of which is that unlike basically every other free game promotion you don't have to register a system first.

2. HOWEVER the code for the free game expires on the last day of September 2014. You also need to pick your game before the last day of August 2014 and of course purchase MK 8 before the last day of July.

3. An interesting tidbit is that with a family account you can register multiple copies of MK 8 and get multiple free games. You could also buy the download version and the retail version and get two free games.

4. The codes for the free games are treated as any other download code, they give the full amount of coins on Club Nintendo and the full price of the game in Digital Deluxe Promotion points. Mario and Pikmin give 599 points, which is good for a free 5 bucks back in credit. You obviously need to buy a Deluxe Wii U to get this deal, not that basics are that easy to find these days.

TL:DR. Buy Mario Kart 8 on or before July 31st, 2014. Choose your free game on or before August 31st, 2014. Redeem the code on or before September 30th, 2014.

789shadow

Banned
Just ordered my refurb Wii U. I hope 2 day shipping has it delivered on Monday though. I sent it to my new apartment that I'm moving into on Sunday, and I wouldn't want it to get there before me and just..........sit outside the door.

Seda

Current Club Nintendo Status

Total coins 1655
590 coins expiring 6/30/2014
45 coins to Platinum

But there's nothing Nintendo I want to buy before the June switchover :/ guess I'm stuck at gold status.

But now I need to spend 590 coins...

Games up right now Elecktroplankton, Kirby Games, and Mario Party 2 (meh). I didn't know Super Metroid was leaving and I should've gotten that.

The physical rewards kinda all suck.

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Seda

Also this national lab blocks Adult Swim's website

"Adult/Mature Content;Entertainment;Audio/Video Clips"

Can't watch the Dandy thing :/

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Total coins 1655
45 coins to Platinum

But there's nothing Nintendo I want to buy before the June switchover :/ guess I'm stuck at gold status.

Games up right now Elecktroplankton, Kirby Games, and Mario Party 2 (meh). I didn't know Super Metroid was leaving and I should've gotten that.

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

I like the Pikmin bag a lot.

bigkrev

Total coins 1655
45 coins to Platinum

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

I have an unused Mario Kart 7 code i'll trade you for something phyisical....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom