• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I think it is great we are getting to the final stretch of episodes which are all good. I am going to be pumped to see more come July.

Speaking of OST, I am dying to get the Dandy OST and the Galaxy OST but those prices...

• Epiode 5 was seemingly the best received in Japan
  • They reaired that episode, subbed
  • They announced cast and directors for S2 and the July date
  • There was something about Dandy's character singing but I don't know if it was an actual Season 2 tease or just a silly joke
  • They said they're going all out with the wackyness in S2 I guess

I wonder if the positive reaction to e5 in Japan means we'll see more serious episode in s2

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why would you ever do this

couple of reasons I could think of.

1. People are crazy and want both versions.
2. Some people actually have multiple Wii U's.
3. A nefarious person could go pillaging gamestops and eventually come up with an unused code from one of the display cases.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tumblr_n72wqajTI81qfjqf7o3_r2_250.gif

daveo42

Banned
couple of reasons I could think of.

1. People are crazy and want both versions.
2. Some people actually have multiple Wii U's.
3. A nefarious person could go pillaging gamestops and eventually come up with an unused code from one of the display cases.

One could be a gift...though option three seems like the most logical choice here.

Just placed my order for Mario Kart 8 on Amazon
AU7Amsc.gif

EDIT: Also found out there's a smash event about 5 miles from my house tomorrow. Definitely going to check it out and report back with impressions!

Raxus

As E3 winds down I guess I will make my list as well.

For the record I own a PS4, WiiU and PC

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

Zelda WiiU (After LBW I want this in my life immediately)
Witcher 3 (I really need to get around to beating the Witcher 1&2 :()
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros.
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Purchasing:
Assassin's Creed Unity
The Division
Destiny

I wanna see more:
Splatoon
The Order 1886
Sunset Overdrive

Too early:
Starfox U
Bloodbourne
Crackdown 3
Phantom Dust
Devil's Third
Halo 5

Fuck you too:
Project Spark

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Please let it be the JonTron video....*clicks* I left satisfied.

Also, I was really annoyed when Sony was all "HEY, REMEMBER VIB RIBBON? THAT UNIQUE MUSIC GAME THAT ONLY CAME OUT IN JAPAN & EUROPE? WELL TOO BAD IT'S STILL NOT GONNA COME TO THE US PSN, HERE'S MORTAL KOMBAT X!". How do you transition from talking about Vib Ribbon to what made it unique to "Here's the 10th Mortal Kombat game."?

Raxus

Please let it be the JonTron video....*clicks* I left satisfied.

Also, I was really annoyed when Sony was all "HEY, REMEMBER VIB RIBBON? THAT UNIQUE MUSIC GAME THAT ONLY CAME OUT IN JAPAN & EUROPE? WELL TOO BAD IT'S STILL NOT GONNA COME TO THE US PSN, HERE'S MORTAL KOMBAT X!". How do you transition from talking about Vib Ribbon to what made it unique to "Here's the 10th Mortal Kombat game."?

To make matters worse both Sony and Microsoft had decent press conferences and then inserted these punches to the guts out of nowhere. Vib Ribbon is even brought up TWICE in the conference. Everyone noticed it lol.

Nintendo had it sort of with Mother 3 but at least it was the reaction we would expect NoA to give Mother fans.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At least Mother 3 was done as a joke & was actually kind of funny. Sony & MS flat-out teased you with "HEY, LOOK, CONKER! 10 YEARS GUYS WITHOUT A GAME! WELL TOO BAD MAKE YOUR OWN WE GOTTA HAVE RARE MAKE OUR KINECT SPORTS GAMES!". Hell, Vib Ribbon would make for a great new digital title, being able to read music off your PS3/4/Vita.

....also, it's been NINE years, as Live & Reloaded came out in 2005.

Raxus

Project Spark still doesn't have a release date and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to early 2015.

Doesn't help I have heard NOTHING from the game outside the conference.

Alright guys so I've got Mario Kart 8 and will redeem Wind Waker through the promotion. I'm probably going to get one more game this summer and am trying to decide between Monster Hunter and Wonderful 101. Try to sway my mind towards one.

Raxus

I need to dig into MH3 some more and I still have to play W101 (next on my list after MK8 and SM3DW).

I will say MH3U has very purposeful combat ala Dark Souls but you have to really prepare for hunts via farming and inventory management. Take that as you will.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
MH is unlike anything else ever made...even the supposed clones of MH don't feel like it. It's a game you can play for 30 hours and not even scratch the surface yet (or even appreciate it!) but there's a madness to it all, every move is deliberate, every group of weapon controls wildly different from one another. You have to learn the patterns, you have to learn your weapons, you have to figure out what the skills do. The demo is no good at this. The tutorial as it is still throws you into shoulder deep water and expects you to pick up how to swim largely on your own.

Alright guys so I've got Mario Kart 8 and will redeem Wind Waker through the promotion. I'm probably going to get one more game this summer and am trying to decide between Monster Hunter and Wonderful 101. Try to sway my mind towards one.

Monster Hunter 3U then you can play with Toonami GAF online

I think W101 has online too, but nobody bought that <.<

Monster Hunter 3U then you can play with Toonami GAF online

I think W101 has online too, but nobody bought that <.<

I've been doing a little research on both, and while Wonderful 101 seems more up my ally, everyone I've talked to has recommended Monster Hunter over it. How does the game look on Wii U? I'm under the impression that it's just an up-port of Tri on Wii and apparently smaller monsters/NPCs weren't even remolded which seems lazy on Capcom's part. Is the single player engaging? Is there more to the game than wandering a few areas, killing giant ass monsters, and crafting new gear? Is there a ranking system in place? Voice chat?

I know B-dubs will vouch for 101, anybody else?

I like the Shiba clan in Bleach. Ganju was always great.

I always liked the Shiba clan too but like a lot of cool characters in Bleach, it seems like Kubo just forgot they existed.

I've been doing a little research on both, and while Wonderful 101 seems more up my ally, everyone I've talked to has recommended Monster Hunter over it. How does the game look on Wii U? I'm under the impression that it's just an up-port of Tri on Wii and apparently smaller monsters/NPCs weren't even remolded which seems lazy on Capcom's part. Is the single player engaging? Is there more to the game than wandering a few areas, killing giant ass monsters, and crafting new gear? Is there a ranking system in place? Voice chat?

I know B-dubs will vouch for 101, anybody else? .

Honestly I didn't notice it with the NPCs because they're pretty inconsequential in the scheme of things, same with the smaller monsters. When you start playing the real game (aka fighting big hunts) everything looks really good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
W101 has a more representative demo. Give it a try.

I'd say give the 3U demo a try but the MH3U demo just throws you into the middle of things.

O9ez60T.gif

tmiyW2z.gif

q7ArKXU.gif

R,O,N, in position.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I know B-dubs will vouch for 101, anybody else?

I always liked the Shiba clan too but like a lot of cool characters in Bleach, it seems like Kubo just forgot they existed.

Dude, MH3U is amazing. If I remember right there might be voice chat, it's been a while since I've played though. The game has a huge learning curve, it can be like trying to climb Everest. There's a whole lot to do, there's not much to it other than what you've described but there are so many different kinds of giant monsters that all play differently from each other that you won't even notice it's what you're doing.

Dude, MH3U is amazing. If I remember right there might be voice chat, it's been a while since I've played though. The game has a huge learning curve, it can be like trying to climb Everest. There's a whole lot to do, there's not much to it other than what you've described but there are so many different kinds of giant monsters that all play differently from each other that you won't even notice it's what you're doing.

Welp, I trust your opinions (as in everyone in this thread) and it seems like the majority recommend MH3. Guess I'll go ahead and order that on Amazon right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom