• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh I generally try not to think about how shonen powers work, I go "you have time powers ok" and just move on. Its like wrestling if you think about it too much you realize it makes no sense

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But Wanze's powers are clearly scientifically accurate.

2buceaF.gif

LOLDSFAN

Hey you all you guys had a good Father's Day!

ixxIyZ1FMX3qk.jpg

Oh my I didn't realize the girl had that much plot.

Also, we got this:

Yukio_Shura_stripped.gif

You know your fanbase well, Blue Exorcist:
They sure do... They sure do.

Is she banned or just taking a break?
When we need her most, she'll return.

I made some gifs.
Behold the mind blowing animation:

ge4nb2L.gif
UnknownFocusedGnat.gif
GlisteningNeglectedAlleycat.gif
Yoooo chill with the HQ GIFs man. My computer can't handle all these frames.

Seda

Okay, got around to the previous 2 Clone Wars episodes. Pretty solid, although it's amusing that Boba can take out an entire Republic ship so easily. Looking forward to the S2 finale and S3, as most people are quite positive about the later seasons.

Jintor

My favourite thing about that blue exorcist image is that sword lady has the :3: face.

For some reason it kind of disarms it in my mind. I mean, it's still stupid, but it's endearingly stupid instead of just stupid

No one really understands it. The explanation may as well just be wibley-wobley timey-wimey.
Exactly! It's like he just smoked some crack, came up with an idea that made sense when he was high out of his mind, and kept it in for shits and giggles after coming down. It's frustrating to say the least.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Exactly! It's like he just smoked some crack, came up with an idea that made sense when he was high out of his mind, and kept it in for shits and giggles after coming down. It's frustrating to say the least.

The power would work in a series where we aren't meant to take that stuff seriously, like Doctor Who. Whenever someone questions time travel he goes "wibley-wobley timey-wimey" and that's the end of it, because they know it's stupid, makes no sense and so they make no effort to even bother explaining it. In a series where we're supposed to take stuff seriously though? You are absolutely right.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hey can one of you guys do me a favor?

Check out one of Hulu.com's bleach dub episodes around ep 7-10ish and tell me if you get audio sync problems or if it's something on my end.

MikeMyers

Hmm, didn't feel like the audio was out of sync, rather that Viz Dubs Voices didn't match the mouth flaps.

Is this your first time watching? That opening hit some nostalgia strings.

MikeMyers

I seem to recall the dub for the earlier episodes being better....maybe it was just because the source material was better, it was less noticeable?

ckohler

Attack on Titan - Shotgun guy at the beginning was shocking. Mikasa is great as always. Best character in the show by far. Not that the other characters are that endearing though (except for bread girl). The titan on titan action was sweet. While it’s not exactly rocket science, I do know what’s going on with Mr. Demonic Titan.

Bleach - Not a terrible episode. Passible. I liked the show idea of shrinking Ichigo down. That was weird. I liked that the thirsty, red-haired Fullbringer girl got a lot of screen time. Her reactions are fun. Chad’s “acting” was hilariously bad, though. Fullbringing continues to make no sense and is confusing.

Space Dandy - Cool episode. I liked Meows family but it’s dumb that the planet Beetlejuice looks exactly like 1980’s Japan down to the wildlife and technology for no reason. Continuity or plausibility is not something to look for in this series.

Naruto Shippuden - Garbage. 100% pure grade garbage. It saddens me that this will probably plague this block for years to come.

One Piece - Lu lu lala Lu! Sniper King is great! Dat theme song. I hope he actually does something cool but I get the impression he’ll only be used comedically. You can keep that dumb chef character, though. Wtf?!

Blue Exorcist - The pre opening battle, while hilariously short, did feature some really, really impressive animation. In typical shonen fashion most of the exwires decided to turn on Rin except for Moeblob and my lovely tsun Kamiki. Respect the eyebrows!

Black Lagoon - Murderous, incestuous kids who think they’re vampires? Yeah, that was way more creepy than I expected. There is no way this will end in a good way for everyone involved. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Beware the Batman - Dumb. Not as bad as Shippuden this week but still laughably bad. Also, fuck that stupid two-timing blond chick.

Naurto - Great episode. The idea of using Jutsu ninja powers to cheat on a written test is one of the most clever ideas in this show. I still don’t get how Akamaru spying for Kiba is supposed to work. Dogs can’t read!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - A real downer of an episode. I don’t think she’s really dead (or is she? I can’t remember) but still. At least The Chopper is entertaining. They got a great voice actor for his role.

I checked out after that as usual.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hmm, didn't feel like the audio was out of sync, rather that Viz Dubs Voices didn't match the mouth flaps.
No, what I'm getting is both sounds and voices like a second off from when they are supposed to occur.

Is this your first time watching? That opening hit some nostalgia strings.

Yep, first time.

Raxus

I have yet to play a Persona game :|

Just beat Champion's Road. Clearing Mirror Mode in Mario Kart now. Man, the game is so much easier after 150cc.

Moaradin

I'm near the end of 3 and it is already one of my favorite jrpgs. I even have 4 sitting here but i've been told to wait awhile after playing 3 before staring that.

Persona 4 is amazing. One of my favorite games. Wish I played Persona 3 first though. The improvements in 4 make that one hard to go back to.

Raxus

have you beat every level with all characters? If not well, get back to 3D world.

No offense but fuuuuuuuuck that. I need to clear other games and I don't want to justify in clear x in (month) threads that I beat the same game 5 times. I still have Pikmin 3, DK Tropical Freeze, and Wonderful 101 I need to clear too. I haven't hopped into Monster Hunter in the past week sadly.

I am clearing The Wolf Among Us. Seems a new steam sale is approaching. God help me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No offense but fuuuuuuuuck that. I need to clear other games and I don't want to justify in clear x in (month) threads that I beat the same game 5 times. I still have Pikmin 3, DK Tropical Freeze, and Wonderful 101 I need to clear too. I haven't hopped into Monster Hunter in the past week sadly.

I am clearing The Wolf Among Us. Seems a new steam sale is approaching. God help me.

I was giving you the business as they say, there's nothing amazing like in Galaxy or Galaxy 2 for doing it all.

I in fact need to do it, one day plug in four controllers and bubble my way through the bulk of the game. I'll do the two hard levels legit.

100 hours in and I cleared the single player of MH3U.

MikeMyers

No, what I'm getting is both sounds and voices like a second off from when they are supposed to occur.
What I'm getting is the voices are appearing at a different time when the mouths move.

Yep, first time.

Very cool. I can say I enjoyed first two arcs (the one you are on, Soul Society arc), but its been forever since I've seen them. The Aizen stuff is alright, but it just starts to drag when the Fake Town stuff begins and becomes tiresome. The arc after that is the one on Toonami.

Also lots of filler. There's a lot of episodic ones that are similar to this first season that I thought as funny, but I found most of the filler arcs tiresome You might like them though.

SykoTech

So in order to take my mind off Titan and One Piece (subbed) so I don't skip ahead or spoil myself, I've finally started Hunter x Hunter. Been putting it off forever, but some hype that was floating around here compelled me to finally give it a serious shot. That and the fact that I don't think it'll get on Tonnami anytime soon. I started off slow, but picked up the pace a bit once things started getting more interesting.

Probably watched 5 episodes today though. Maybe one or two more. I think the last one I watched was Episode 47 or something.

Holy shit.

santeesioux

Persona 4 is amazing. One of my favorite games. Wish I played Persona 3 first though. The improvements in 4 make that one hard to go back to.

I wanted to play 4 first, but was told to play 3 first due to those improvements. If 4 is really that much better, i'm in for an amazing experience.

So in order to take my mind off Titan and One Piece (subbed) so I don't skip ahead or spoil myself, I've finally started Hunter x Hunter. Been putting it off forever, but some hype that was floating around here compelled me to finally give it a serious shot. That and the fact that I don't think it'll get on Tonnami anytime soon. I started off slow, but picked up the pace a bit once things started getting more interesting.

Probably watched 5 episodes today though. Maybe one or two more. I think the last one I watched was Episode 47 or something.

Holy shit.

Welcome to a new age of shonen anime enjoy

Also finally started my ff5 fiesta run, completely normal run because I'm boring, got white mage woo new job

Seda

I really liked everything last night. Even the bad shows were very entertainingly so like BtB and Shippuden.

GAF reactions are the best medicine for bad shows.

I like Persona 3 and Persona 4, but I'm not a BIG fan. I like other SMT titles more. Persona 4's biggest improvements to P3 are 1.) no getting 'sick' and 2.) Social Links have a more significant battle effect, such as having other party members take fatal hits for the MC. This is simplifying things too much, but I liked the narrative and tone of Persona 3 more than P4's Scooby-doo vibe. Persona 3 is a little try-hard at times to be dark and depressing, but at other times that tone was entertaining.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Welcome to a new age of shonen anime enjoy

Also finally started my ff5 fiesta run, completely normal run because I'm boring, got white mage woo new job

I gave you my advice in the Fiesta thread but it basically boils down to.

1. Grind the undead in the ship graveyard and don't forget the Flail.
2. Heal Siren to death when she's undead.
3. Silence Magisa. Silence wears out quick in this game but she has no magic evasion so it should hit almost every time.
4. Get Heal Stick in Tycoon castle.
5. Only have the one with the Flail hit Galura while everyone else has protect up, healing themselves and big heals with the heal stick. Flail is back row ok, remember.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hate Persona 1. I think 3 and especially 4 are massively overrated; too easy with awful dungeons and too hand holdy in general. Both P2 games are where its at.

I gave you my advice in the Fiesta thread but it basically boils down to.

1. Grind the undead in the ship graveyard and don't forget the Flail.
2. Heal Siren to death when she's undead.
3. Silence Magisa. Silence wears out quick in this game but she has no magic evasion so it should hit almost every time.
4. Get Heal Stick in Tycoon castle.
5. Only have the one with the Flail hit Galura while everyone else has protect up, healing themselves and big heals with the heal stick. Flail is back row ok, remember.

I've played FF5 like 50x including multiple solo runs so that's all old news lol but thanks. As you said all thieves < all white mages early on though wm have to grind a bit more until they get protect

Seda

I hate Persona 1. I think 3 and especially 4 are massively overrated; too easy with awful dungeons and too hand holdy in general. Both P2 games are where its at.

I don't like the words overrated/underrated but I don't fully understand why the Persona 3/4's following is so large in comparison to other titles. Probably because the game is partially a waifu simulator......*sigh*

I have P1 and P2's on my Vita. Now that I'm done with Wild ARMs, those are the next games on the backlog. Already got a bunch of tips for P1 to start. I know several people well who hate it and two people who love it, so....yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom