• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
I had a friend get turned down for a job at Walmart one time. Being fired from his last job might have had something to do with it though...

I worked at Wendy's the summer before my Junior year in high school, it wasn't bad outside of the massive lunch rush 11-2. Other than that time period it was pretty laid back, ate a lot of baconators on the line.

Gorillaz

I had a friend get turned down for a job at Walmart one time. Being fired from his last job might have had something to do with it though...
lol you think :p

I tried to apply to Walmart my freshman year of college and was turned off by all of the double online questions, asking me 500 times "would you take this item if no one was looking" or "have you been convicted of something or thought about taking supplies" and remixing it to see if they could catch me in a lie.

Said fuck it and looked for jobs downtown.

Sharpeye

I'm working at my cousin's icecream shop. I'm working alone right know in charge of the store, but not single customer. Alot vistorers saying hello though. Should only be open on friday and the weekend for now.

Tenumi

Banned
I've probably put in hundreds of apps since I graduated college.

I've gotten two interviews. First sent me a denial before I got home. Second I one got because my mother works there and they passed me up. It was janitorial work.

People wonder why I'm in such a bad mental state, this is one part of it definitely.

daveo42

Banned
I worked at Wendy's the summer before my Junior year in high school, it wasn't bad outside of the massive lunch rush 11-2. Other than that time period it was pretty laid back, ate a lot of baconators on the line.

I worked at Wendy's during my Junior and Senior years of high school. Kind of which I hadn't because I spent most of my time out of school at work. Really missed out on a lot of crazy stuff. Place was pretty cool outside of the random crazy customer, dinner rush, and one shift lead telling me I'd be fired if I went home early because she thought I was faking sickness. Bitch, I had high fever and a cough.

lol you think :p

I tried to apply to Walmart my freshman year of college and was turned off by all of the double online questions, asking me 500 times "would you take this item if no one was looking" or "have you been convicted of something or thought about taking supplies" and remixing it to see if they could catch me in a lie.

Said fuck it and looked for jobs downtown.

I only said that because I don't think you have to tell them you've been fired, but list that you are no longer with your previous employer. Same with the old company, they can't recommend you and can just say you are no longer employed. Pretty easy to put two and two together...but you never know with Walmart.

So if not Kill La Kill what's the next Aniplex anime we expect to see this fall when Blue Exorcist ends? I don't think we'll see SAO s2 until 2015 (probably the replacement show for whatever Aniplex's fall show is) so that leaves us with a few options that I think all make sense

Gurren Lagann: This one seems like one that Toonami would have picked up awhile ago same as DBZ Kai and Shippuden if the rights weren't in limbo. Would also get the block more mech shows which I personally hope the block gets more of in the future. Really this will air whenever the rights nightmare clears up which who knows when that will happen.

Magi: This seems like the safest and most logical pick, a shonen series that's been gaining momentum in Japan and the US and I think would surprise a lot of people. Currently only the first season is dubbed which could work nice with SAO S2 as we could see something like Magi S1 -> SAO S2 -> Magi S2 assuming Magi's second season gets dubbed.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: I'll admit I know very little about this series other then that it's really popular and it's arguably the biggest show that Aniplex has that's dubbed. I really can't comment much on this series or how much action it has or if it'd fit on the block at all.

Fate/Zero and/or Stay Night 2014: I'm afraid /Zero's hour long first episode which is entirely exposition really hurts it's chances of coming to the block unless it's already been proven to be successful, which is where the new F/SN anime could come into play. Obviously F/SN dub probably wouldn't be able to air until at earliest late 2015 but I imagine we won't see it until 2016 at best. F/Z could air this fall and replace Blue Exorcist, I just fear that people would tune out before the story actually started and it'd damage the brand with the audience.

Durarara: This did originally air on Adult Swim back in 2011, and it's certainly possible they could give it a second chance with hopes of airing S2 on the block, I just not sure how gung ho they are about reairing something that's old at this point. I feel like E7 got reaired simply because they already had the rights to it and they needed something to fill time on the block while they got the money for other bigger shows. Also I really know nothing about this series other then the gifs Andrex posts but if it was able to air on AS Action it should be fine on Toonami.

Other shows Aniplex currently owns the rights that are dubbed

Read or Die (doubt it)
Ruruoni Kenshin (can't see them reairing this over some of the other bigger newer shows)
Ghost Slayers Ayashi (know nothing about this series other then it's older and apparently dubbed with Steve Blum as the main character)

I've gotten two interviews. First sent me a denial before I got home. Second I one got because my mother works there and they passed me up. It was janitorial work.

People wonder why I'm in such a bad mental state, this is one part of it definitely.

Keep your head up Tenumi, it took me 11 months to get a new job after college (undergrad). At first I applied to places that had good benefits and a cushy salary; had a few interviews but nothing to show for it. Eventually I got desperate and started looking at grocery stores, fast food restaurants, department stores...all fell through. Just when I was about to give up a buddy of mine hooked me up with the swanky job I've got now. Hang in there and persevere my man, you'll find something.

If you want me to critique your resume, feel free to send a PM and we can go from there.

Takashi

I wouldn't mind seeing TTGL on the block considering I haven't seen it yet. I'm not aware if it's possible or not due to rights or whatever.

Would Durarara even fit? It wasn't even that action-y if I remember right.

LOLDSFAN

F/Z would be a very good fit for Toonami.

Too bad I've already seen it twice. Once on my own then with you guys that one time. So I'd personally prefer something else.
KuGsj.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wouldn't mind seeing TTGL on the block considering I haven't seen it yet. I'm not aware if it's possible or not due to rights or whatever.

Would Durarara even fit? It wasn't even that action-y if I remember right.

It aired on not TOONAMI Adult Swim Action. It had awful ratings apparently.

Boring first few episodes isn't going to stop F/Z if they want to go that way.

I realize this, but I feel like the last thing you want to do is spend money on what I imagine would be a fairly expensive series between it being Aniplex, Ufotable, and Type Moon to have a series that you either need an hour long first episode or break it up into 3 weeks before it actually picks up.

I feel like Magi is the safest pick for this fall, it's what I'm expecting unless they figure out how to get KLK to work. I imagine we'd get F/SN before we got F/Z as it has a bit more brand appeal.

ckohler

Do we know if there are actual rights issues with Gurren Lagaan? I know it aired on SciFi back in 2008 but that was 6 years ago.

Takashi

It aired on not TOONAMI Adult Swim Action. It had awful ratings apparently.

Wait, Gurren Lagann did?

Or do you mean Durarara? Cause if so then yeah that's how I saw Durarara back then. I just don't recall it ever being too much action, mostly just teen angst. Still thought it was okay though (a poor man's Baccano)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
why? if they watch the show and don't think it's gonna grab an audience based on the first few episodes, that seems pretty important.

They just aired a show with a hyper boring first two episodes that plenty of people watched and clamored for.

Best part is you can choose your own path for this one!

If you choose Sword Art Online, flip to post 36 on this page!

If you choose Attack on Titan then head to post 23!

If you instead think it was Blue Exorcist then head for post 7!

If you are convinced it was Black Lagoon, well, you are wrong.

Tamanon

Banned
I hated the dark days of Adult Swim Action when they moved Code Geass from a decent late night spot to 4 or 5 in the morning.

They just aired a show with a hyper boring first two episodes that plenty of people watched and clamored for.

Uhh I don't think any of those shows were boring after two episodes, I'd say the most boring would have to be Blue Exorcist but I don't recall that being a highly clamored for show

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One Piece has now sold over 310 MILLION volumes sold with the release of volume 74....but Oda is going on a two-week hiatus because he needs tonsil surgery.

Best part is you can choose your own path for this one!

If you choose Sword Art Online, flip to post 36 on this page!

If you choose Attack on Titan then head to post 23!

If you instead think it was Blue Exorcist then head for post 7!

If you are convinced it was Black Lagoon, well, you are wrong.

i wouldn't say any of those shows fit that description, and none are really comparable to what happens in the first episode of Fate/Zero.

The first two episodes of Blue Exorcist aren't boring in my opinion

I agree, but given his choices I didn't have much other choice, all 3 have "slow" moments but that's mostly because all 3 set up our main characters to feel like things are good before reality kicks them in the knees and shoves their face into the dirt

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Uncut Episode 6:

So on the flipside we have this episode where I completely understand why it was left on the cutting room floor the first time around. Maybe not downright insipid like Episode 4 was but this was utterly forgettable involving a one shot couple that you could not pay me to give a toss about. Also, I suspect Sailor Moon knows as much about jazz as she does about hardcore gansta rap. This episode was inoffensive but you can skip and not lose one damn thing.

/dead

Never forget

Dex0nU6.gif

Bach is the father of music yo!
As a music ed major this bothered me so much I had to rewind hulu and suffer 10 years of ads just to gif it

Tamanon

Banned
Attack on Titan's first two episodes weren't terribly boring. Now the second two episodes we just saw.....those were pretty boring.

I agree, but given his choices I didn't have much other choice, all 3 have "slow" moments but that's mostly because all 3 set up our main characters to feel like things are good before reality kicks them in the knees and shoves their face into the dirt

What are your thoughts on BE as a whole thus far?

Gorillaz

AoT first 2 episodes had me bored because shit was nothing but teen agnst and melodrama. It wasn't until the tonal shift of episode 3 that made me want to see if it would be something better, and for the most part it was.

But yea when I saw the first 2 episodes I was waiting for a Linkin Park AMV.

I'VE BECOME SO NUMB I CAN'T FEEL YOU THERE

What are your thoughts on BE as a whole thus far?

It's a fairly average but enjoyable shonen series, I kind of wish we would get more main plot development though understand why the series has gone the way it has (yay adapting monthly manga WAAAY too early). The comedy as a whole works well and the cast has good chemistry that holds it together well. I've enjoyed it to the point where I plan to pick up the manga once the series finishes on Toonami and I'll probably end up buying Aniplex's stupid over priced box sets making me part of the problem :X

In some ways Blue Exorcist reminds me a lot of Fairy Tail and I think the fact it's done well ratings wise supports my "FT will come to the block eventually and do well". If anything I imagine most people here would enjoy FT more then BE as while it's opening isn't as strong there is far more action more consistently and each arcs plot generally moves at a good clip.

but even Blue Exorcist had Satan possessing the priest and SAO had a boss battle. Fate/Zero is just talking.

It's not just talking, it's HEAVY exposition shot in a way which makes it seem like it's intentionally trying to have the audience confused with no idea what's going on. Instead of starting with the rules of how the stupid series is gonna work we get a 5 minute strategy session between two characters we know nothing about discussing things we know nothing about and then we don't go back to them for like 40 minutes. It's easily the worst editing/planning I've ever seen in an anime ever. Thankfully after that first episode and a half someone at Ufotable realized the story needed to have better structure and the series becomes both much easier to follow but infinitely better with a lot more action and character drama that's easy to follow/

Sharpeye

Is installing a WebMs player suppose to be sketchy as hell? I did the one my browser recommended after trying to watch the project beast videos.

Levyne

Banned
I have Andrex's extension, but that's it. For some reason it's not behaving well with those webms. Which is weird since I've never had a problem before. Chrome's being weird.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fun Fact: The guy voicing him is the same guy who voices Cell and M. Bison in Japan

Norio Wakamoto?! Wow.

You know, I'm surprised he hasn't had a role in One Piece yet.
Well, technically he did... but not the main series. Rather, he was the villain in an obscure One Piece OVA that predates the Toei anime by a year. Only Luffy, Zoro and Nami are in it, and they have completely different voices.

bigkrev

Do you guys want to know how dedicated to his Filler gimmick Man God is?

He was actually watching Impact tonight while NXT Takeover was on

bigkrev

It took me years after graduating to get a "real" job. I had a part time lifeguarding gig that I loved (because the people were awesome), and did a whole lot of volunteer work to fill the time. The trick is not just laying around in your underwear playing games or watching TV all day- feeling like you are needed, even if you aren't cashing a paycheck, will do wonders for your mental state.

MikeMyers

Norio Wakamoto?! Wow.

You know, I'm surprised he hasn't had a role in One Piece yet.
Well, technically he did... but not the main series. Rather, he was the villain in an obscure One Piece OVA that predates the Toei anime by a year. Only Luffy, Zoro and Nami are in it, and they have completely different voices.

Lets see if I can find any other OP crossovers, shouldnt be too hard since they are both Toei.

Sailor Moon: Boa Hancock in One Piece, but also Misato in Evangelion

Sailor Mercury: Lola in One Piece

Sailor Mars: Laki in One Piece

Sailor Jupiter: Don't think she was in One Piece, sorry

Sailor Venus: Don't think she was in One Piece, sorry

Sailor Neptune: Don't think she was in One Piece, sorry

Sailor Uranus: Don't think she was in One Piece, but she was Kurama in YYH, Yugi in the original Yugioh, and Shinji in Evangelion

Sailor Saturn: Portgas D. Rouge in One Piece, but also Videl & Pan in DBZ.

Sailor Pluto: Don't think she was in One Piece, sorry

Chibiusa: Not in One Piece, but she was Kari in the original Digimon

Tuxedo Kamen: Daddy Masterson in One Piece but also Mario the Nintendo Mascot, Amuro Ray in Gundam, Pegasus Seiya in Saint Seiya, Casshern in Casshern Sins, and Yamcha in DBZ.

Tuxedo Kamen: Daddy Masterson in One Piece but also Mario the Nintendo Mascot, Amuro Ray in Gundam, Pegasus Seiya in Saint Seiya, Casshern in Casshern Sins, and Yamcha in DBZ.

cool note but may be off topic, a friend of mine got to meet this guy at a convention this past week. i think it was in north carolina but i didnt catch the con's name.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
GCN controller was awesome for the time, although I wish the c-stick was just another grey analog one and that the dpad was larger.

EDIT: another z trigger would have been nice as well

And this is why the Wii U Pro Controller is way better. In addition to being wireless without sacrificing size or rumble. It's literally the most perfect Nintendo controller.

(Yes, the GCN controller has slightly better ergonomics, but in everything else the Pro Controller is above par.)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Do you guys want to know how dedicated to his Filler gimmick Man God is?

He was actually watching Impact tonight while NXT Takeover was on

I wasn't actually watching either. I was paying bills.

I was watching Tenchi Muyo GXP so it's not like you're that far off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom