• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All I remember about the ED to GXP was that 4 women showed up completely nude in it all fawning over Seina

Indeed, including one who shows absolutely no interest in him during the series and replacing the ridiculously underaged girl that is normally part of the harem because even they aren't that shameless.

Indeed, including one who shows absolutely no interest in him during the series and replacing the ridiculously underaged girl that is normally part of the harem because even they aren't that shameless.

Isn't cleaning girl part of Tenchi's harem in the various OVA series? Honestly I'm surprised they give the loli girl such a minor spot in the OP despite the fact she plays a major role in the second half of the series.

Too bad the quality of the show takes a nosedive after the opening. I have a high tolerance for terrible shows but I'm struggling to get through this. The dub is comically bad, the music is bad (and often way too soft, the mixing on this is poor), Seina is boring as hell, and this weird mash-up of 2D and 3D looks awful at times. The physical comedy works but that's pretty much the only thing GXP has going for in 3 episodes in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Isn't cleaning girl part of Tenchi's harem in the various OVA series? Honestly I'm surprised they give the loli girl such a minor spot in the OP despite the fact she plays a major role in the second half of the series.

Cleaning girl is Mihoshi's older sister. They look a lot alike. Mihoshi is the OG Galaxy policewoman.

EDIT: Mihoshi shows up in the same episode with Tenchi and his group at the very end.

Too bad the quality of the show takes a nosedive after the opening. I have a high tolerance for terrible shows but I'm struggling to get through this. The dub is comically bad, the music is bad (and often way too soft, the mixing on this is poor), Seina is boring as hell, and this weird mash-up of 2D and 3D looks awful at times. The physical comedy works but that's pretty much the only thing GXP has going for in 3 episodes in.

Yeah the slap stick and shenanigans are what kept me entertained for awhile... and then it went weird

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah the slap stick and shenanigans are what kept me entertained for awhile... and then it went weird

It's easily the worst anime on NU TOONAMI and probably the second worst show in general on the block behind Thundercats, which has off the charts level of disappointment and wasted potential.

I'm not a fan of Eureka 7, I'd say that's the worst show new toonami has aired. Just my opinion though, I know a lot of people like it.

I watched like 3 episodes of it and put it on hiatus, was really slow and nothing jumped out at me. Maybe it picks up a lot later but unless Astral Ocean gets announced for the block I have no real motivation to marathon it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's top ten material for me. Possibly top five. I've seen it at least a half a dozen times dubbed and subbed alike. It's the best Gundam show not named Gundam ever.

That's a bond breaking statement here, brother in Bleach! This will be the downfall of BleachGAF if not resolved.

tumblr_mh3cdtjOiH1s0hf8fo1_500.gif

I haven't finished GXP yet, it's looking like it'll end up taking E7's spot.

It just registered to me that Seina is 15..why are all these grown women fawning over him instead of someone closer to their age? Weird.

EDIT: And now a dog woman? Ahahahaha, this is hilarious

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It just registered to me that Seina is 15..why are all these grown women fawning over him instead of someone closer to their age? Weird.

I think 15 is the target audience for these shows in Japan. Male power fantasy or something. Though I can't see anybody wanting to be Seina (outside of the whole chick magnet thing, he sucks!)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guuuuyyyyssss, I wish I was Seina cuz he gets all the girls but haz no special skills which makes it easier to place myself as him and he gets to go into space and have star wars. DON'T YOU WANNA BE SEINA AS WELL?!

I wish I was that popular with girls when I was 15....

daveo42

Banned

Wasn't there something about anime and wish fulfillment in the thread earlier in the day? I'd go with that for the reason why he's 15 and hot space babes are all up ons. Or Tenchi is a bit tied up in this universe with his own space harem and Seina is the next best thing cause he looks like Tenchi.

Yeah, if I was a freshman in high school this would be a lot more entertaining. I just can't relate to Seina, he comes across as extremely boring which is the last thing you want the protagonist of your series to be. His shitty roommates are really annoying too, I want them to die already.

i've enjoyed the other Tenchi shows because they come across more as general comedy than something that was just pandering (though the second OVA kinda started pushing the franchise in that direction a bit, and the fact that Tenchi
is revealed to pretty much be God of Everything
got to be annoying)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

God those were all great.

Freckles is my sleeper pick for best dub song that shouldn't be any good and yet is.

It really had no right being as awesome as it was, holy shit. Actually none of them had any right being that amazing, except maybe the YYH one.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
remember how we said Black Lagoon is on really late?

https://pressroom.turner.com/us/cartoon-network/schedule/1/2014-7-27/ea

take this with a grain of salt since these schedules have been wrong before, but on 7/27....

11:30 Attack on Titan
12:00 Bleach
12:30 Space Dandy
01:00 Naruto Shippuden
01:30 One Piece
02:00 Blue Exorcist
02:30 Beware the Batman
03:00 Black Lagoon
03:30 Naruto
04:00 FMA Brotherhood
04:30 Cowboy Bebop
05:00 Star Wars: The Clone Wars
05:30 Samurai Jack

Why does that schedule not have Space Dandy and Naruto Shippuden on it? With times all fucked up?

After a rocky start GXP is starting to grow on me. It's not good by any means but I can tolerate it. One thing that confuses me though is how this is a male power fantasy but Seina is a total weenie around all these girls who want him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
After a rocky start GXP is starting to grow on me. It's not good by any means but I can tolerate it. One thing that confuses me though is how this is a male power fantasy but Seina is a total weenie around all these girls who want him.

Give it time, it will get worse. Also you'll understand soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom