• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuke this thread

Okay as the uncle phil guy on the board, this has gone too far

Stop

lewd doesn't begin to describe what this has turned into

can we ban unclephil.jpg please?

New page. Finally.

We may have gone a little too far with Uncle Phil that time...

ilKwSle3Yb4cE.gif

Bishop, you aren't helping your case. Lazybone's comment was disgusting and offensive but playing the whole thing off as a joke is just as bad in my opinion.

No, he's laughing at our misery.

It's still insensitive and reeks of immaturity. I generally disable pictures/gifs when posting in this thread because of the pervy shit a few of our regulars think it's okay to post but it's to the point where I think something needs to be done. I'm not advocating perms but rules need to be enforced, this crap would be you banned anywhere else on the site and I'm tired of it.

It's still insensitive and reeks of immaturity. I generally disable pictures/gifs when posting in this thread because of the pervy shit a few of our regulars think it's okay to post but it's to the point where I think something needs to be done. I'm not advocating perms but rules need to be enforced, this crap would be you banned anywhere else on the site and I'm tired of it.

I feel you, Gucci. There's a time and place for that type of stuff. And too much of it can be tastless and childish.

I think it's time we retired the Uncle Phil.jpg

V1foTLm.png

Introducing Carlton.jpg

But seriously, I agree with your statement. We shouldn't make other posters feel uncomfortable, even if it's only for laugh.

TheChits

Please don't kill toonamigaf :(

Let's not get too crazy dramatic in the other direction, can't we just leave it on the last page and move on?

Dramatic? Really bruh? I think a lot of people made it clear some recent comments in here have been offensive/gross. I don't want anyone banned but we have rules on this site and posting what went on in the last page anywhere else on the site would probably get you a timeout. I just want the pervy stuff to be toned done a lot, if it continues, then the rules need to be enforced.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Q: Was it somewhat challenging getting aproval to air black Lagoon knowing its risky content?
A: Nope.
Still can't help but wonder if this was also done by Funimation to see what shows Toonami would allow them to use, considering they're pretty much the biggest supporter of Toonami outside of Aniplex. That way, by knowing what Black Lagoon is allowed to get away with, it'll let them expand what shows they can use. I know Mirai Nikki/Future Dairy might get dark at times, but if something like Black Lagoon could air with its content with some minor cuts, blurs, & a bleep ton of bleeps, then that would be allowed as well.

Work with me here, guys, let's go back to Toonami talk.

daveo42

Banned
Still can't help but wonder if this was also done by Funimation to see what shows Toonami would allow them to use, considering they're pretty much the biggest supporter of Toonami outside of Aniplex. That way, by knowing what Black Lagoon is allowed to get away with, it'll let them expand what shows they can use. I know Mirai Nikki/Future Dairy might get dark at times, but if something like Black Lagoon could air with its content with some minor cuts, blurs, & a bleep ton of bleeps, then that would be allowed as well.

I guess it depends on the advertisers/sponsors of the block being fine with it and still supporting it that is one of the major hurdles. The other being the network itself. They already play some strange/violent/questionable stuff the rest of the week, so it probably wasn't hard to get it on the air.

My guess is that nudity is the one sticking point for both and the budget isn't there for a ton of edits like with Outlaw Star.

Edit: And I do agree with you.

Gorillaz

I definitely think they are seeing what they can and can't get away with. I didn't know Funi had the rights to it and it seems like it happened sometime last year when the OVA was finally dubbed after like 2 years of it being just subtitled. Hopefully the fast paced mentality of Funi lights a fire under the series to hurry the fuck up and put out season 4

eh. i feel like the more "extreme" stuff is kinda few and far between; Deadman already went further than a lot of shows. and i can't really think of anything that goes beyond Black Lagoon. Hellsing Ultimate is really all that comes to mind in that direction. and i kinda feel like Future Diary would've aired at this point if they were interested in it.

I feel you, Gucci. There's a time and place for that type of stuff. And too much of it can be tastless and childish.

I think it's time we retired the Uncle Phil.jpg

But seriously, I agree with your statement. We shouldn't make other posters feel uncomfortable, even if it's only for laugh.

Exactly, I don't want you to think I want you banned or anything like that, it's just that some comments rub me the wrong way; I'm sure everyone here has felt the same way about something I've said at some point as well. As long as you acknowledge it's offensive to some people and agree that it should be toned down, then I'm cool with it. You're alright in my book, bishop
and lazybones

Future Diary and Jormungand would work for the 2 AM hour. Both are dark and have a good handful of action, plus they seem more suited for airing much later in the night.

Exactly, I don't want you to think I want you banned or anything like that, it's just that some comments rub me the wrong way; I'm sure everyone here has felt the same way about something I've said at some point as well. As long as you acknowledge it's offensive to some people and agree that it should be toned down, then I'm cool with it. You're alright in my book, bishop
and lazybones

On any other forum, this discussion would have turned into a multi-page argument really quick.

That just shows you how mature and rational NeoGAF ToonamiGAF is.

Viz technically has more shows on the block then Aniplex, just that all 3 are very long running shows which makes it seem like we get less content from them then we do from Aniplex.

Is there a Death Note part 2 or sequel series? I've been watching on netflix and it's pretty damn awesome, I'm hooked. Wouldn't mind seeing this end up on toonami.

Seda

"Off color jokes" are a gray area. It's not 'explicit', but sometimes might be considered 'obscene' or 'vulgar' - both of which are indeed bannable according to the T.O.S. However, bannings for "off color jokes" are actually pretty rare. There's that line "how vulgar is too vulgar?"

That said, the periodicity that we seem to travel this road of lame jokes has gotten a bit exasperating. So I'll politely ask we lighten up on those. Acknowledge that while you might find it humorous, others will not and do not.

I'm not going to highlight that spoiler but I'm assuming there's no sequel series? I only saw a few random episode back in high school on AS but have been binge watching since it came back to netflix. So gooooood.

Amikami

Banned
That last page...

Anyway, I really wanna rewatch Deathnote now that it's on netflix. I remember loving the first half an can't remember much of the second half though I don't remember it being bad or anything.

Tenumi

Banned

Really, Future Diary would be a perfect fit, in my opinion. Probably the only huge potentially objectionable scene is (LATE SHOW SPOILERS)
Yuno and Yukki's sex scene, considering the two are "underage characters"

Kind sad really, that the violence would probably fly just fine.

I'm not going to highlight that spoiler but I'm assuming there's no sequel series? I only saw a few random episode back in high school on AS but have been binge watching since it came back to netflix. So gooooood.

No the 37 episodes cover the entire series, the anime is almost scene for scene with the manga with very minor changes here and there (slight scene shuffle, some scenes further explained in the anime etc).

There is a prequel novel another note which tells the story about how (episode 7 spoilers)
former fbi agent naomi knew l and the case they cracked
there is another book l change the world which is an adaptation of the 3rd live action death note movie and is a spin off starring L. There are 3 live action gilms that start the same but differ in resolution to the manga/anime

What about that L: Change the World live-action film? Doesn't that take place after the manga/anime?

In the context of the live action films its a midequel taking place during the events of the second live action film. The book version changes things heavily to try and fit into the canon of the anime/manga again taking place during events of the manga/anime but is not canon.

Finished Beware The Batman 7 and honestly I really enjoyed that. Glad Katana is FINALLY part of the team and I'm glad to see a unique for Batman cartoons over arching plot line that has tied the narrative together so far. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Finished Beware The Batman 7 and honestly I really enjoyed that. Glad Katana is FINALLY part of the team and I'm glad to see a unique for Batman cartoons over arching plot line that has tied the narrative together so far. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

A positive reaction to a BtB episode? Is this toonami gaf?

jk, I haven't enjoyed a single episode I've seen but it's good to know this was a good one. The series has been pretty underwhelming thus far but I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, this impression gives me hope it'll turn around.

A positive reaction to a BtB episode? Is this toonami gaf?

jk, I haven't enjoyed a single episode I've seen but it's good to know this was a good one. The series has been pretty underwhelming thus far but I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, this impression gives me hope it'll turn around.

The art style is still pretty meh and Batman still seems to suck it up a lot when the actual battle happens but as a whole the episode from the other day was more enjoyable then the last several.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom