• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

From what I've seen of Jojo's, Seitz as Dio is hard to imagine.

Also, DeMarco has indicated that fan requests are definitely a part of consideration. Now that Jojo's has an official dub, doesn't hurt to drop a request by the tumblr. *shrug*

I imagine the idea is if part 3 does well enough ratings/sales wise Viz (no confirmation it's Viz... but it's probably Viz) will pick up parts 1 and 2 as well

Raxus

This would be freaking great. Also, Patrick Seitz as Dio? I love the guy but they really gotta stop putting him as every buff guy ever. Richard Epcar as old man Joseph is the best casting ever.

maxresdefault.jpg

One more for the road, I am going to be the ManGod of JoJo gifs :p

Korigama

Are you kidding? It's about as serious as any crappy b movie in that regard
I'm going to be honest: that gif was so stupid that I wrote off the show altogether before even attempting to start it and am only judging it by what I've read of it through summaries. I'm neither the best critic of it, nor an impartial one.

Being put off by Attack on Titan being ridiculously over-the-top yet so grim and melodramatic hasn't helped me much.

Raxus

I still can't believe JoJo is getting a dub before Hunter x Hunter.

Funimation, stop sitting on it.

As sad as it is I can. JoJo is insanely popular. Hunter x Hunter is hurt by the hiatus for the manga. I dunno how popular it is outside of NeoGAF though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahahaha, Franky from OP & Bass Armstrong from the DoA series is gonna be Dio. This I need to hear, especially later in the series.

& Levi from AoT, Chrom from FE Awakening, & Leon from RE6 as Jotaro. Hmm, that could work.

FREAKIN' BO-BOBO AS OLD JOSEPH?!?! OMG YES. Oh and Batou from Ghost in the Shell as well....BUT YEAH, this guy is gonna be awesome doing all the OOHHH NOOOOO and OH MY GOD stuff.

I'm going to be honest: that gif was so stupid that I wrote off the show altogether before even attempting to start it and am only judging it by what I've read of it through summaries. I'm neither the best critic of it, nor an impartial one.
The episode where that happened, I stopped watching. Couldn't take it anymore.

That's all you need to know.

I think Seitz can pull off Dio, check out him voicing Luke Valentine from Ultimate Hellsing I think a slightly deeper version of that will work fine for dubbed dio.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So wait, who got the rights for it? Just Crunchyroll themselves?

Oh yeah, I wonder how they'll handle some of the music references. They call J. Geil "Centerfold" in the subs (though the song WAS by him, so the reference is still there, I guess), so will they just go with that & some other changes as well?

& hope this means season 1 gets dubbed.......& they get Richard Epcar to voice young Joseph.

Kind of boggles my mind how anti climactic the finale of Clone Wars second season was, Boba goes down like a bitch and doesn't really do anything after his bad ass reveal. Everything about the episode was great up till the ending which just kind of felt there as opposed to being a satisfying end of the story line.

eh, see i liked it a lot. it made sense; Boba was really just a lost little kid in the end. and it doesn't really feel like it's over or anything, either; i'm sure they'll come back to him later in the show.

Guys... it's happening. It's fucking happening.

How the hell did Jojo get a dub before Hunter x Hunter?

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Oh yeah, I wonder how they'll handle some of the music references. They call J. Geil "Centerfold" in the subs (though the song WAS by him, so the reference is still there, I guess), so will they just go with that & some other changes as well?

& hope this means season 1 gets dubbed.......& they get Richard Epcar to voice young Joseph.

Think the safe bet is Viz, that's who I'm assuming until we hear other wise

Guys Attack on Titan and Bleach currently end on the same day

Imagine if in the same week we got DBZ Kai and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders on Toonami

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i think it's Viz considering they said they'd have more announcements at Anime Expo and Crunchyroll specifically mentions Anime Expo in the announcement

Think the safe bet is Viz, that's who I'm assuming until we hear other wise
Ahh, right, they have the manga rights for Part 3 & I recall them bringing over the Part 1 manga later. That'd make sense.

Now the question is how long we're gonna have to wait for a complete season/series release on Blu-Ray.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Holy Shit. Next thing you tell me is that they're making Berserk: Brotherhood and the English Dub will have all the same Voice Actors with even more hilarious outtakes.

Are you referring to the movies?
Cause those have dubs with the same voice actors as the series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So JoJo is getting dubbed, but only part 3? What the fuck is going on here?
Yes, only 3 at the moment (though Viz is releasing the Part 1 manga next year, it seems). I guess they're going straight to this since it's the only part that got its manga translated here, & it's considered the most popular of all the parts, especially outside of Japan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yes, only 3 at the moment (though Viz is releasing the Part 1 manga next year, it seems). I guess they're going straight to this since it's the only part that got its manga translated here, & it's considered the most popular of all the parts, especially outside of Japan.

That's still pretty dumb.

LOLDSFAN

I'm still on episode 8 of when we used to group watch JoJo.

So if it comes to Toonami it won't be too much of a hassle to start over again.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

I always thought it was weird that they named him Centerfold when in the Viz manga he stays as J. Geil

Moaradin

I always thought it was weird that they named him Centerfold when in the Viz manga he stays as J. Geil

The new anime VO still says J.Geil. It's only the subs that translate it to Centerfold. Not sure why Crunchyroll translates it like that when the characters are clearly saying J.Geil.

For added fun here is what the Gutts vs Zodd fight looks like in the original anime

I will note it was hard to find an image of the two of them on screen together

Edit: Here is a better image I found quickly skimming through the episode

all it's missing is some sound effects and speed lines and you have the original Berserk anime :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For added fun here is what the Gutts vs Zodd fight looks like in the original anime

I will note it was hard to find an image of the two of them on screen together

Edit: Here is a better image I found quickly skimming through the episode

That's not a whole lot better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom