• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Despite all the silly power of love twists, that ending was pretty satisfying. Maybe there's a little bias from being in it since the beginning but still. End of an era.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Wait if she lives in the past does that mean that she gives birth to her ansestors?!

I believe she does, actually. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that there is someone named Kagome about 500 years back in her family tree in an episode from the first series.

I could be remembering wrong, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So are we all in agreement that this was an amazing finale?
Yotsuba_NO.jpg

seriously am I in a parallel universe?

this wasn't any better than the rest of the series. it was better than the last few episodes sure, but not a high bar.

daveo42

Banned
The 2nd half was probably a bit more enjoyable than the first, since everyone got what they wanted and pretty much everyone ended up better and happy. Cept that dude mackin' on Kagome back in the present. That dude probably ended up becoming one of the two death guns.

I've loved this ending every since it came out in the manga. Takahashi really wrapped everything up nicely, and it's just a really sweet thing to watch. It's definitely among the very best endings to any long running shounen series.

I believe she does, actually. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that there is someone named Kagome about 500 years back in her family tree in an episode from the first series.

I could be remembering wrong, though.
So is she immune to the giant space brains as well orrrr

Crocodile

Yeah I'm sorry, I don't think love is worth choosing to possibly die from dysentery. I know this is trying to be romantic and of course its not like the feudal era has ever been portrayed as the relative hellhole it should be (putting aside the demon threat) but..........no

Regiruler

Time for a real fucking demon (essence)
I'm sorry, but the inu demons are tier 2 at absolute best, normally 3

If you can give nardo anything, it's that the tailed beasts are tough motherfuckers

Line_HTX

Man, that was such a satisfying ending. And the end of an Adult Swim ride for good. I have complained about all the stupid shit in this show, but this finale made it all worth it. Definitely feels like a closure to a years journey.

this wasn't any better than the rest of the series. it was better than the last few episodes sure, but not a high bar.

It's about seeing the resolution to a show we watched for over 150 episodes, yeah Final Act rushed the shit out of most things to get here, but this is what we wanted to see and why we wanted Final Act to happen.

That was so beyond satisfying, guys. I know you all probably wanted some big shonen battle with blood and guts and whatnot, but for someone like me who has seen the original series a million times over these long years and who yearned for a conclusion to the character's stories it was the best thing ever. Sorry for freaking out on y'all. You just don't know what this meant to me. Anywho, time for Naruto Shippuden.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Least I didn't doze off from boredom like last week.

Did they even explain WHY the well stopped working? & why did it suddenly work then? Why did it take 3 years?

& if Inuyasha's half-demon, does that make his kids quarter-demon?!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've loved this ending every since it came out in the manga. Takahashi really wrapped everything up nicely, and it's just a really sweet thing to watch. It's definitely among the very best endings to any long running shounen series.

It would have been better had they paced it properly. That said I was totally

guZenGT.gif

I couldn't help myself. So satisfying.

Jarate

Banned
As someone who really didnt like Inuyasha, this endong was kind of bad too me

But I dont like the shipping shit that a lot of people seem to like so maybe im not thre right audience

Least I didn't doze off from boredom like last week.

Did they even explain WHY the well stopped working? & why did it suddenly work then? Why did it take 3 years?

& if Inuyasha's half-demon, does that make his kids quarter-demon?!

because apparently Kagome never really decided she belonged back there in that entire three year span i guess

Crocodile

giphy.gif

Maybe, MAYBE if the lead up wasn't a shit show I might have cared more. Maybe. Anyway Inuyasha is gone so hurray :)

I wouldnt have thought the ending was so bad if everyone got time skip designs. Like Im a sucker for character designs changing different over time.

This kind of thing pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom