• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Least I didn't doze off from boredom like last week.

Did they even explain WHY the well stopped working? & why did it suddenly work then? Why did it take 3 years?

& if Inuyasha's half-demon, does that make his kids quarter-demon?!
Naraku nuked it, Kagome wanted to graduate high school and say goodbye to her friends and family, so her heart kept it shut.

Blue Bird!

ReiGun

Yeah I'm sorry, I don't think love is worth choosing to possibly die from dysentery. I know this is trying to be romantic and of course its not like the feudal era has ever been portrayed as the relative hellhole it should be (putting aside the demon threat) but..........no

Yeah Kagome got a raw deal. Inuyasha staying in the present would have presented its own problems, but probably better overall.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah I'm sorry, I don't think love is worth choosing to possibly die from dysentery. I know this is trying to be romantic and of course its not like the feudal era has ever been portrayed as the relative hellhole it should be (putting aside the demon threat) but..........no

Its a fictional story, kagome's character was happy and its basically assume nothing terrible happens to them beyond natural deaths.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It's about seeing the resolution to a show we watched for over 150 episodes, yeah Final Act rushed the shit out of most things to get here, but this is what we wanted to see and why we wanted Final Act to happen.

Basically this was to send the audience home happy after so long.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
As someone who didn't watch the whole show, I thought it was decent. They didn't aggressively fuck it up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It does seem that ending was well received by people who have been following the series from the beginning.
I (somehow) watched the entire damn series back on Adult Swim because I had to record it for a friend.

I wouldn't have even watched Final Act if it wasn't for ToonamiGAF & for closure so I could be done with this series.

foxuzamaki

It's about seeing the resolution to a show we watched for over 150 episodes, yeah Final Act rushed the shit out of most things to get here, but this is what we wanted to see and why we wanted Final Act to happen.

Yup, basically, not only did we watch 150 epsiodes, inuyasha is probably one of the most replayed shows on adult swim, so alot of us, watched these episodes alot, or atleast I did, I didnt officially get internet until about 2007

Korigama

I was not at all wondering about either Kohaku or Myoga during the Final Act finale (so did not care, Kagome), but I saw they were simply being thorough.

Moaradin

lmao this animation

I was hoping we'd get at least one episode with nice fight animation out of this dumb filler, but I guess not.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Naraku nuked it, Kagome wanted to graduate high school and say goodbye to her friends and family, so her heart kept it shut.

Blue Bird!
So..........her heart opened it back when the series originally started?

.....what is this, Bleach?

foxuzamaki

That was so beyond satisfying, guys. I know you all probably wanted some big shonen battle with blood and guts and whatnot, but for someone like me who has seen the original series a million times over these long years and who yearned for a conclusion to the character's stories it was the best thing ever. Sorry for freaking out on y'all. You just don't know what this meant to me. Anywho, time for Naruto Shippuden.

Dont worry, im with you bro.

Also remember that Kisame's clone from the first arc of Shippuden, which had about 1/10 the power of the real Kisame, had about the same power as Naruto accessing the fox chakra according to Neji. That means there are normal people, not just Naruto, that are stronger than Sora right now.

daveo42

Banned
I don't even have to pay attention to see how terrible Naruto is. "I can heal him" Thanks for being useful Sakura. That's how you know it's filler.

It does seem that ending was well received by people who have been following the series from the beginning.

I didn't really follow the whole thing because I would only catch it at odd times and never sat down and watching the first portion from start to finish. I also missed a large chunk of Final Act. Even then I'd say how it wrapped up was okay, just that based on what I did see prior, I always thought Naraku would be the end all be all of the series and not the jewel being the true final opponent.

To be fair

The way they have the filler villain connect to our heroes actually works out decently, I'd say maybe if Kishi had done this it'd be better... but I'm not sure Kishi is sometimes worse then Pierrot filler writers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom