• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

KFC is only good for Potato Wedges

They used to have the all world as backer, but it died for the Chixken Little :(

Crocodile

I mean if they were planning on dubbing most of these shows anyways I guess it really doesn't change much if they dub them a few weeks after they air in Japan as opposed to 6-18 months afterwards.

I mean its not just "we were going to do it anyway" so much as "we are going to have do dub this show twice" which costs extra time and money. Like for example, the Legend of Arslan is a show they are simludubbing but the TV verison is unsellable. For such a high profile show with a primetime slot, it often looks like butt. The animators are going to have to go back and fix a lot fo stuff for the BluRay/DVDs. But hey, its working for them and I'm glad so Funi should keep on trucking :)

So Aldnoah.Zero is getting a dub, it's an Aniplex show perhaps we'll see it on Toonami (hopefully not)

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibFyp9SGcTE

S7Pzw95.gif

Obviously you agree with me but I just felt I needed to add some extra punch to that sentiment.

just realized I forgot to catch up on last week's One Piece

oops

Filler this week so no big deal

I mean its not just "we were going to do it anyway" so much as "we are going to have do dub this show twice" which costs extra time and money. Like for example, the Legend of Arslan is a show they are simludubbing but the TV verison is unsellable. For such a high profile show with a primetime slot, it often looks like butt. The animators are going to have to go back and fix a lot fo stuff for the BluRay/DVDs. But hey, its working for them and I'm glad so Funi should keep on trucking :)

http://i.imgur.com/S7Pzw95.gif

Obviously you agree with me but I just felt I needed to add some extra punch to that sentiment.

Funimation is also selling BlazBlue's anime which looked like butt and I doubt was fixed up for it's blu-ray release so that clearly isn't an issue :p

And yeah the only positive of A.Z on Toonami will be the hate watch reactions to how complex it's awfulness is

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's hard to believe that we're almost at the
Ginyu Force
Dat Kai pacing.

Crocodile

Man, I gotta say I'd forgotten how raw some aspects of the Namek Saga could be. Dragon Ball Super is probably going to be super sanitized in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom