• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inherent problem with simuldubs is that slots on Toonami don't open up in accordance with new seasons in Japan.

The bigger problem right now is even with Funi's plethora of simuldubs they're airing 4-8 weeks delayed so even if Toonami were to say drop the 3:00 rerun slot, slide things down, and make an exclusive simuldub slot they'd still have to rely on Funi getting the rights to simuldub something at the right time to keep things flowing.

Cooking counts as sport?

What's the deal with Toonami and sports anime, did they say they weren't looking to pick any up?

Prince of Tennis MEGA bombed back in the day and while the audience may have changed/matured and be more accepting of sports anime now a days, unless AS/Toonami gets an exceptional deal (IE can air the show free of charge) it's probably never going to happen.

Also SNS will never air on Toonami even if sports anime were to get a second wind on the block and get DBZ/Bleach esque ratings a cooking show with ecchi elements would probably never get considered.

Shows like Hajime no Ippo, Kuroko no Basket and Haikyuu are shonen as fuck. Don't see why they'd do poorly on Toonami given the chance.

Honestly thinking about it how many tv shows on US tv are about fictional sports teams?

Necessary Roughness was canceled after 3 seasons, FNL was almost canceled had they not worked out a deal with Direct TV for them to fund 3 more seasons.

I think the problem is most US tv watchers would rather just watch real sports over fictional ones. The only fictional sport that does well is WWE and that's already lost quiet a bit of mind share to MMA over the years.

bigkrev

Honestly thinking about it how many tv shows on US tv are about fictional sports teams?

Necessary Roughness was canceled after 3 seasons, FNL was almost canceled had they not worked out a deal with Direct TV for them to fund 3 more seasons.

I think the problem is most US tv watchers would rather just watch real sports over fictional ones. The only fictional sport that does well is WWE and that's already lost quiet a bit of mind share to MMA over the years.
Playmakers lasted a season?
The fact is that the USA has 6 sports heavily supported (including CFB and CBB, and not even counting Soccer), while most other countries don't have more than 3. We don't need sports fiction, the real thing is always going to be more interesting, and we are inundated with it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Gohan runs into Vegeta with the pilfered 4-Star ball in tow, Ragyo and Satsuki kick off the Cultural and Sports Festival as the final plan for Covers gets underway, Kirito and Sinon get into a high speed chase with Death Gun because why not, Naraku takes his final form at long last but Kagome has one more battle of her own to fight, the seal on Sora's power is released and SURPRISE! it's the Nine-Tails chakra, Boss Luffy tracks down a foxy new foe, and Eren and friends continue to try to talk idiots out of not killing them for no reason.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 26 - The Scheme Is Shattered! Vegeta Strikes Back at Zarbon!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 27 - A Touch-and-Go Situation! Gohan, Protect the Four-Star Ball!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 17 - Tell Me Why
1:00 - Sword Art Online II - 10 - Death Chaser
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 25 - Thoughts Fall Short
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 69 - Despair
2:30 - One Piece - 303 - Boss Luffy is the Culprit? Track Down the Missing Great Cherry Tree!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 10 - Response: The Struggle for Trost, Part 6

ckohler

WniO0az.png

YHe6aMX.jpg

Seda

Whats the DB Kai thing at 8 o'clock? Just recap?

Not used to this new schedule

It's last week's episode. Seems like DBZ can actually compete for ratings in the early evening, and I guess they might as well have it cover a slot to get the most out of the acquisition.

ckohler

i was told i should post here tonight

i might at least once

Welcome! Remember, no spoilers.

Whats the DB Kai thing at 8 o'clock? Just recap?

Not used to this new schedule

Adult Swim reruns last week's DBZ at 8:00 p.m. They said it was an "experiment" when they started doing it. However, they've kept on doing it. For a while they were also doing the same with One Piece but that ended.

Kirito and Sinon get into a high speed chase with Death Gun because why not.
This'll be fun. Glad I decided to start drinking early. And to drink. If my liver dies tonight it's totally SAO's fault.
Uncle Ruckus getting a One Piece-esque tragic backstory is still ridiculous and hilarious.
Yup. You never look at his absurd racist rantings quite the same way ever again after this. You actually feel bad for him.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This'll be fun. Glad I decided to start drinking early. And to drink. If my liver dies tonight it's totally SAO's fault.Yup. You never look at his absurd racist rantings quite the same way ever again after this. You actually feel bad for him.

With my last breath I curse Kirito.

SO I am hearing on Twitter that Inuyasha is getting a farewell promo tonight.

Not a surprise, it's been a big staple of ASA/Toonami for awhile now giving it a farewell video like they did with Bleach makes sense
won't stop people from asking why they canceled it though

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Not a surprise, it's been a big staple of ASA/Toonami for awhile now giving it a farewell video like they did with Bleach makes sense

Quite, it would be more shocking if they didn't give it some tribute.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

I still can't believe someone asked that at Momocon.
*week before it aired* "Next week is the final episode of Bleach"
*during the week leading up to it* "This weekend is the final episode of Bleach"
*on the night* "Tonight's the final episode of Bleach"
*after it aired* "That was the final episode of Bleach*

Guy who somehow didn't get it: ... Why isn't Bleach on anymore?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/120901256219/were-closing-in
omg... the chase is going to be a million times more stupid than I was already worried it would be. This marks both the first and last time I will ever go to their official website.
*drink drink drink*

Thank god I bought more beer yesterday...

*during the week leading up to it* "This weekend is the final episode of Bleach"

Sometimes I think we're the only sane Toonami viewers in existence.

You can't cure stupid

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
SO I am hearing on Twitter that Inuyasha is getting a farewell promo tonight.

That seems pretty well deserved. Inuyasha has been a continuous part of this block, more or less, since 2002.

Only Cowboy Bebop is longer tenured (and that's apparently gone).

BatDan

Sometimes I think we're the only sane Toonami viewers in existence.

Feels that way doesn't it?
I have to imagine the Momocon people weren't major Toonami fans. Just casual viewers that don't keep up with the Tumblr or news in general.
I imagine if you shout "I AM THE PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS ONCE AGAIN", only a few of them would get why that's awesome.

*sees that GIF mashup* ... Now I am the dead. Bleh.

BatDan

Oh you should probably add me as well.
My NNID is Danarchy
Apparently there's more than one so I'm the one in blue with the sleepy eyes.

I don't know what it is about that American Dad elbow drop scene, but it's hilarious.

BatDan

Holy shit, vintage Family Guy. Like, first few episodes.

Also, Family Guy is old enough to have "vintage". Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom