• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Let's establish some facts here:

1) PSG is great! (but admittedly very YMMV)
2) Space Dandy > Ping Pong (which is still the second best anime of that year and totally awesome so I ain't dogging it)

I liked it but I can easily see why people didn't. The best part of the show was the last 3 minutes. I will never forget the salt I saw that day

Shit, I'm STILL salty :/

I think that was the last true "Ganiax ending" ever wasn't? An interesting way for the company to......."go out" on.

simuldub is the future

One thing I've been thinking about Simuldubs:

It's very common for shows to be slightly to heavily redone for Blu-Ray and DVD masters (which is usually what is sold in stores in the US). Since simludubs have to use TV Masters, all of them have to be redubbed for the home releases with the updated material. I think simludubs are super cool but I'm surprised that it makes economic sense for these companies to dub these shows all twice. I haven't seen a comparison between the TV and Blu-Ray/DVD masters of Space Dandy and Kurokami (the only simludubbed anime before this recent trend) but at least with Dandy, given its production schedule and such, it doesn't seem like the type of show that needed corrections for the Blu-Ray/DVD release.

why.jpg

I don't know why but looking at this fills me with rage :/ :(

Hmmm...that gif needs something.

There, now it's perfect.

I had specific expectations before I clicked that link. I'm glad to see they were matched :p

One thing I've been thinking about Simuldubs:

It's very common for shows to be slightly to heavily redone for Blu-Ray and DVD masters (which is usually what is sold in stores in the US). Since simludubs have to use TV Masters, all of them have to be redubbed for the home releases with the updated material. I think simludubs are super cool but I'm surprised that it makes economic sense for these companies to dub these shows all twice. I haven't seen a comparison between the TV and Blu-Ray/DVD masters of Space Dandy and Kurokami (the only simludubbed anime before this recent trend) but at least with Dandy, given its production schedule and such, it doesn't seem like the type of show that needed corrections for the Blu-Ray/DVD release.

Funimation said they would go back to touch up the dub for the blu ray/dvd release or dub scenes/extras that are added for the blu ray/dvd release. Clearly funimation has found it to be extremely profitable otherwise they wouldn't have gone all in simuldubbing EVERYTHING* this season. I doubt we'll see complete redubs from the simuldub unless an Eva 3.0 situation happens

Crocodile

Funimation said they would go back to touch up the dub for the blu ray/dvd release or dub scenes/extras that are added for the blu ray/dvd release. Clearly funimation has found it to be extremely profitable otherwise they wouldn't have gone all in simuldubbing EVERYTHING* this season. I doubt we'll see complete redubs from the simuldub unless an Eva 3.0 situation happens

Right, clearly they wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't making them money. I'm just saying I'm surprised that its making them money because its a non-insignificant amount of extra work. Of course, Funi accountants are the ones with the numbers in front of them, not me :p

Right, clearly they wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't making them money. I'm just saying I'm surprised that its making them money because its a non-insignificant amount of extra work. Of course, Funi accountants are the ones with the numbers in front of them, not me :p

I mean if they were planning on dubbing most of these shows anyways I guess it really doesn't change much if they dub them a few weeks after they air in Japan as opposed to 6-18 months afterwards.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I just say eastern/central/pacific to avoid that issue

(No one cares about alaska, hawaii, or mountain time)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That "Republican party" joke still stands up too freakishly well today.

So Aldnoah.Zero is getting a dub, it's an Aniplex show perhaps we'll see it on Toonami (hopefully not)

If we're going to get a Urobutcher show, I'd rather it be Madoka Magica.
Or Gaim...

Jarate

Banned
That "Republican party" joke still stands up too freakishly well today.

If we're going to get a Urobutcher show, I'd rather it be Madoka Magica.
Or Gaim...
There hasnt been a huge political swing in party dynamics since Clinton showed up. Republicans hasnt really changed as a party since Reagan appeared

The Republican party will change immensely once the old Catholics die out, thats probably the next logical choise unless a heavy libertarian becomes way more popular.

Aldnoah.Zero is one of the very rare anime shows I gave up on and actually dropped with no intention of ever picking it up to finish it, that's how mad/angry I got at the stupid shit writing the series had.

daveo42

Banned
Downstairs this evening for Toonami, but I'll probably drop after SAO2. No reason to stay up for One Piece tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom