• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Armor plating...from a SPACE BATTLESHIP!

...wait...you made that into a sword? Really?

Also...there are space battle ships in this game? WTF you doing in BoB and not flying through space Death Gun? Sounds like a better use of your time.

Call Back. Wait no, the SAO author isn't smart enough to actually set stuff up Just a retcon.

Again, that chapter WAS in the LN but was cut by the anime team because they're stupid and didn't bother to look ahead to see what would be important in later story arcs so the author isn't a COMPLETE hack, just 95% of one.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Space Battleship Sword would have been cool had those been established.
But they didn't. It's just stupid out of nowhere. Like the rest of this show.

yami4ct

Wait, I've got it. Death Gun used magical hacking skills to get into EVE Online, steal armor from there and somehow brought it back to this gun MMO.

Well, that makes about as much sense as anything SAO will offer.

Crocodile

No seriously, when were Space Battleships introduced in this game? Why would you even say something like that? Why would someone write that line and think its sounds good in this context?

yami4ct

Again, that chapter WAS in the LN but was cut by the anime team because they're stupid and didn't bother to look ahead to see what would be important in later story arcs so the author isn't a COMPLETE hack, just 95% of one.

Well, I feel a bit better then. It also makes it 10x funnier.

The Space Battleship line proved my point anyway.

I'm going to have to drink sooooooooo hard next week. This is thrice in a row that the show managed to kill a perfectly good buzz before the ad break.

So. Bad. SOOOOO BAD. So EVERYONE is watching and listening to this. EVERYONE! THIS IS SOME BOND VILLAIN LEVEL OF STUPID. BUT WITH COMIC WORLD TYPES OF SUPERPOWERS.

Next week on SAO 2:

CIAJC0BUsAEhJqu.jpg

Andrew J.

GGO's like a cyberpunk postapocalypse, right? Maybe there's spaceship wreckage lying around.

...I probably put more thought into this than the author did.

Crayolan

So there are space battleships in this game. And this guy is like "hey, instead of using the SPACE BATTLESHIPS this game has, we can destroy those, and make swords out of them."

10/10 comedy of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom