• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel this arc has felt longer then it should because of

-3 filler episodes about Boss Luffy
-5 filler episode flashback/recap
-4 weeks of episodes lost to movie month
-2? episodes lost to marathon

3 and a half months of padding to this arc

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
& that's really a problem I have with long-running series: arcs can just last sooooooo long, which I understand is to keep the series going, but it just makes it easier to feel "fatigued" in that you wish the story would finally progress.

Its actually especially bad with OP because oda just has very long arcs and you might not get any pay-off until the end.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
VZMjshZ.gif

Jarate

Banned
People who get upset at ponies only fuel them more

Idk why theres such a bug hubbub about the show myself, but whatever, let people like the stuff they want

Moaradin

Modern One Piece stretching
no pun intended
is way worse then this

Modern One Pieces anime has been garbage enough for me to stop completely, which is saying a lot considering the manga is stil GOAT

Eh, the latest arc is pretty good. Pacing is still slow but the arc itself is interesting enough. It also had some of the best animated episodes One Piece has had in forever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel this arc has felt longer then it should because of

-3 filler episodes about Boss Luffy
-5 filler episode flashback/recap
-4 weeks of episodes lost to movie month
-2? episodes lost to marathon

3 and a half months of padding to this arc
Yeah, all that didn't help as well.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You could make an entire list of "Best Manga/Anime Punches" just with Luffy alone.
Especially the latest. Beautiful.

Its actually especially bad with OP because oda just has very long arcs and you might not get any pay-off until the end.

Oda having longer arcs + Toei having shit pacing due to not wanting to do filler = Wombo combo of bad pacing at times

One Piece can really use the Kai adaptation

Crocodile

As I've said before, this isn't the first time a CP9 member took an attack they could have easily dodged and end up paying the price for it.

Mik317

People who get upset at ponies only fuel them more

Idk why theres such a bug hubbub about the show myself, but whatever, let people like the stuff they want

yep.

Don't be a jerk and judge others...especially since this is a goddam gaming forum after all.

yami4ct

This is kind of the worst part of his writing style. If you can tell at a beginning that an arc isn't going to be great, like
Fishman Island
it means you're gonna be seeing a whole lot of it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Remember what Luffy is actually doing with Gear 3: blowing air to inflate his bones. That means he's biting his thumb hard enough to pierce the bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom