• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
OHHH NOOOOO I FORGOT THE BOULDER PART ACTUALLY COMES AFTER THIS
biblethump.png

Seda

Pixis' line about getting eaten by a sexy Titan lady is such a red herring for later :lol

I assume it's okay to talk about later stuff (at least as far as the anime went) because this is a rerun?

yeah the spoiler rules of this thread are what you'd expect. First runs - tag spoilers for anything that hasnt aired yet. Reruns are open spoiler - although if you know somebody is watching for the first time you should be courteous.

DBZ is the exception....because it's DBZ.

Well that was pretty fun guys. Thread moved way faster then I thought it would, think we went through like 15 pages with SAO.

I'm looking forward to the end of Enies Lobby and Michiko to Hatchan, also one scene in SAO II in specific, I think anyone who watched it knows the one

Seda

Well that was pretty fun guys. Thread moved way faster then I thought it would, think we went through like 15 pages with SAO.

I'm looking forward to the end of Enies Lobby and Michiko to Hatchan, also one scene in SAO II in specific, I think anyone who watched it knows the one

If you are ever curious, check out this link --> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=100140584#post100140584

(for Sword Art Online episode 24, which is practically a watershed moment for this thread)

Raxus

Great stuff SAB. Wish I could draw as good as you to make some killer pictures for my WiiU.

I think they edited out Mataro nekkid in KLK but I could be wrong.

Line_HTX

TV-MA SV... There's violence here?
CULTURAL AND SPORTS GRAND FESTIVAL!
Dorky underwear.
She flashes her biz to the one she loves.
ALIENS. The ONLY STUPID explanation BEYOND STUPID. I swear last episode gave me real reason to call this SHIT la SHIT just to spite those overhyped people. Y'all know who y'all are!
Letting the jacket fall. Shiny purple nipples.
Junketsu is her wedding dress?
LISTEN UP! YOU NO-STAR PEOPLE ARE ALL REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE FESTIVAL FOR DIRECTOR RAGYO!! Show up at 0830. NO LATENESS WILL BE TOLERATED, and ONE hair out of place AND YOUR PENALTY WILL BE DEATH!!
They're rebels now, and since you're related to the traitors, you're PERMANENTLY BANISHED FROM HONNOU TOWN!!
But... I will grant you a special pardon. You MUST participate in the ceremony and when the time comes, you WILL toast the glory of Lady Satsuki and Ragyo Kiryuin, OTHERWISE NO SPECIAL PARDON!! IS THAT CLEAR?!!
Couple of skanks cut from the same cloth, except one creates and shines rainbows in your eyes and blares Pink Floyd all over.
Sacrificing the whole town for the experiment ritual.
The clock's ticking with the purple shine. Fucking GET OUTTA HERE with that double entendre.

The Old Blood 8/10, huh? It looks pretty good visually.

Cristina Vee is Ragyo's secretary, eh? :)
That Pink Floyd hair in the dark side of the room.
Nui is bad and a total nuisance. DOH-HOHOHOHO~
They are cut from the same cloth.
I said PUT YOUR SOULS INTO IT!!
I toast my drink to the glory of Lady Satsuki. O////O
Praise the Kiryuin name.
Pink Floyd concert up in here.
WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THAT DRESS AND GETUP?! Talk about the circus freak show in town! It's like the UGLIEST clown with that freaky circus music in the Android saga.
This is not the time to be getting stingy on semantics.
Perhaps you don't know who you're talking to. This is my awesome villain speech that gets... ... INTERRUPTED???
HOLY SHIT!! YOOOOOOOOOO, AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH, WHAT THE FUUCK~
Like DAYYUM, that is where the violence in the rating came from. COMPLETE HEELTURN!
[Halo announcer] Betrayed. BETRAYAL!!
What... the hell?!
I am RISING UP to overthrow the life fibers!
REMEMBER THAT!

At least this 2nd ending is better than the 1st. It looks pretty silly because it's Mako.

Okay, that kind of sort of redeemed the show back from last week's shit. Don't get me wrong, I'm still calling this like I called it because I still have reason to, OKAY?! Hmph!

BBboy20

Oh hey, The Old Blood is coming to retail for $20 next month. Good timing!
Like for all versions?

Kirito should just kill her himself so that she doesn't actually die and he doesn't have to deal with her being deadweight.
That would have been a legit good moment.

Sprite Lebron's Mix is rather good. Should get some more eventually.
Tried the ICEE version at a movie theater.

I don't get their game plan though. What will beating him in the game actually do? It'll stop him temporarily, but just a minor inconvenience.
You know, this really what THAT conversation should be about then what we got. Seriously, they've already confronted Death Gun, may as well contact the authorities at this point....but even if that thought existed, they can't leave because...seriously, this show really makes being in VR a lot a positive thing.

yeah the cave lasts a while
What The Fuck

Dude is talented as fuck tho.
Sonny Strait will always get work!
He's amazing as Usopp
He's also Koro-Sensei on Assassination Classroom
Dude needs some Emmys.

...is this a 3D World spoiler?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Goooood morning everyone. Well, not so good here. It's going to be raining all day. Lame...

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Kind of a nothing episode.
Vegeta just going around being arrogant as fuck, kneeing a 5 year old in the stomach, exploding with rage when he realized said 5 year old took his Dragon Ball. However, he's not the only one full of rage as Freeza levels parts of Namek to try and find him.

Kill la Kill:
So it sounds like this is the final arc. Life Fibers eating thousands of people to satisfy crazy clown lady.
But SHOCK, Satsuki was a good guy all along, and was only going along with it to get a chance to kill her mother. Dun dun duuuun!

Inuyasha: The Final Act:
And so, after all these years, Naraku is finally dead. Kind of a lame way to go out. But then the TRUE villain reveals itself, and it's the Shikon Jewel itself! Enjoy the Lotus Eater Machine Kagome!

I cared so little for Shippuden that I took shower during it.

One Piece:
It's a Boss Luffy episode. Happy Spring everyone, even though it's almost Summer.
I know they tried to capture what made the ending of Drum Island great, but it didn't really work.

Sword Art Online II:
Where do I even begin?
Of course Kirito is the one to fucking save the day. Because he has to be Ultra Perfect Motherfucker
Why are there robot horses in this game?
God damn, Sinon got character assassinated just like that robber she shot. Yeah, I'm going to joke about that because I DON'T FUCKING CARE!
If they were trying to go for emotional scenes, they failed miserably.
"Strong IRL"
"I really hate you, but let me rest on your dick" It's like the writers didn't even care, or Kawahara didn't care. Either way, someone's an idiot.
How is it the second half took forever?
WHY CAN'T THEY LOG OUT? "Oh it's a tournament, you can't log out" Bullshit. Every VRMMO should have an emergency Log Out after the SAO incident. It's clearly established that someone is killing people from inside the game. Maybe NOW you put way more precautions in these things? Or I don't know... OUTRIGHT BAN THEM?
And if what I hear is true, the next two episodes are going to really hurt.

Puruzi

Banned
Please tell me your joking.

Right?

...Fuck. Ing. Hell.

...fuck.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

UptTi.gif

I am going to flip a table IRL.

BRB...going to find Death Gun and have him kill me so i don't have to sit though the PTSD that I will inevitably have thanks to this show. Plus...ya know...I killed a guy once.

no way

oh who am I kidding, it's SAO. Just straight garbage.

Despair into tomorrow! Despair into your memories! Despair into nothingness!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I don't know if I was just tired or what, but this week was just rather boring for the most part.

DBZ Kai was "I HAZ YOUR BALL, BUT WTF DID MY OTHER BALL GO!?"

KlK had its moments & was probably the only interesting show this week.

SAO2 was luulllzzz & I blame that for making me sleepy for the last two shows.

Final Act was....something, & I zoned out during the first half, so had to go back via DVR & watch the first half. Some battle THAT was.

I barely remember One Piece, & couldn't even watch the first half because my Dish acted weird (I think it forced an update or something).

Edit: Uuuuhhhh, what's with the new thread title?

Yeah as a whole this week sucked for Toonami

DBZ Kai was DBZ Kai, but outside of the adult scene it was kind of a slow set up episode

KLK was easily the best of the night, an overall good episode made great by it's awesome final moment

SAO

InuYasha Final Act truly suffers from "too fast too care" I'm very interesting in reading from where Final Act starts in the manga to see how much better this content is when it's not zerg rushed though.

Shippuden filler

One Piece's boss luffy episode was the worst of the boss luffy specials IMO, I didn't like any of them in particular but the others didn't have Foxy

bigkrev

I've been saying for the last month that I was somehow enjoying SAO and looked forward to it each week

Spoilers: the streak is over.

Jarate

Banned
I think we all kind of thought that it couldnt get worse

But Sword Art Online is like the anti Gurren Lagann, it keeps getting worse and worse

I posted the trailer last night, everyone who's seen it agrees the show sucks and will probably be on Toonami one day :|

Being further exposed as the non toonami fan I am ;_;

I actually enjoyed the hell out of it, but more of in the "lets see how bad this trainwreck will get" kind of way. Haven't seen S2 though because I don't want that amazing ending to S1 to be erased.

bigkrev

EVERYTHING I know about Aldnoah is that every Fujo Twitter account I follow indentifies as Slaine apologists.

So I'm guessing he's kinda a dick? And there are robots?

ckohler

This week’s theme: Everyone was PISSED! Vegeta, Freeza, Satsuki, Ragyo, Sinon, InuYasha, and Sora were all really pissed off. On to the reviews:

Dragon Ball Z: Kai - I was surprised when Vegeta didn’t actually turn on Krillin. Like Jarate pointed out, it might have been because Krillin spared Vegeta in their first battle on Earth. That infamous scene where Vegeta pets Gohon before kneeing him in the gut was just as awkward and creepy as I expected. After that, Vegeta learns what a terrible hiding spot the lake was for his Dragon Ball and yet remains surprised that someone could find it. By far the best moment in the episode was watching Vegeta EXPLODE with anger. That was awesome. Bulma seriously needs to stop being such a bitch all the time. Shit is bad right now and she’s not making it any easier. Lastly, what the hell is Goku’s Capsule Corp. ship made out of that it can withstand 50x gravity and constant kamehameha blasts?! Next week the Ginyu Force arrives. Aren’t they the silly ones? It should be fun. Rating: Adults were needed

InuYasha Finale Promo I liked the InuYasha final episode promo even if it did spoil some of last night’s episode. The fact that InuYasha is actually ending really does feel like another landmark moment for Toonami. The promo did a good job to build that anticipation.

Kill la Kill - Dun dun dun. Satsuki finally shows her true colors and puts her ultimate plan into motion to overthrow the life-fibers. The scene with them drinking sake and then breaking their cups on the ground is, I believe, from an ancient samurai ritual performed just before going into a battle. The smashing of the cups symbolizes their expectation that they fight to the death and may not return. Satsuki again mentions her father’s quote that Junketsu is to be “her wedding dress”. Don’t take that literally. The white of a wedding dress is symbolic of virginal purity and indeed the word “junketsu” literally means “purity.” Her father was likely referring to Satsuki being groomed as her mother’s successor as head of the Revocs Corporation. The white outfit that is Junketsu was made for her to symbolize this eventual rite of passage. But as we saw, Satsuki has other plans. Another note: Mikisugi mistakenly states in this episode that only Ryuko can wear Senketsu. I think this was a dubbing mistake because actually anyone (with a decent amount of life-fiber resistance) can wear Senketsu but only Ryuko can truly unlock his power because of her DNA being spliced into Senketsu’s life fibers. Next week’s episode is 100% HYPE and one of my favorites. Don’t miss it! Rating: DTR!

Wolfenstein: Old Blood Review I really enjoyed playing The New Blood on the PS4 when it first came out and I’m interested in trying Old Blood but I haven’t ever gotten around to it. Everything I’ve seen, including this review, suggests that it’s just as much fun. I’ll probably check it out eventually.

Sword Art Online II - They've finally done it. They’ve finally made Sinon a full-on defenseless waifu who only exists to crave Kirito and make him look good. It’s heartbreaking. She started out as a halfway decent character but sadly she’s succumb to the inevitable thirst. It’s so crippling that she literally can’t even pull a trigger anymore without his help. Also, what’s this shit about the players being unable to log out during a tournament? What if there is a fire IRL? Is this a game or a f’ing prison!? This may have been one of the dumbest episodes to ever air on Toonami. Who is this show for, exactly? Rating: (Character) Murderer

InuYasha: The Final Act - It’s final battle time and I like seeing everyone attacking Naraku all at once… something maybe they should have tried 50-something episodes ago. That last minute attempt at character redemption for Naraku (about him really wanting Kikiyo’s heart) felt really forced and pointless. It wasn’t “good-guy Satan” bad but it was still unnecessary and melodramatic. Once the well disappeared and the revisionist history stuff started, I found the story really interesting and quite refreshing. With InuYasha fighting to save Kagome from inside the Jewel, this feels like a legit finale now. I’m excited to see how this ultimately ends! Rating: I don't know. There’s a lot of guys.

Naruto: Shippuden - Sora goes full Tetsuo in this episode. Everyone gangs up on Sora and still can’t stop him. Basically, it’s more overpowered filler character bullcrap. Apparently, you can just bottle excess Jinchūriki power and give it to someone. The animation in this episode looked pretty bad at times, especially that overhead shot of everyone running and that stupid looking grin Kazuma gives. Naruto continues to care for jerks like Sora for no good reason other than that’s his job as the main character. Only two more episodes and then this arc can be forgotten, right? Rating: Yes. Smash this world Sora, please.

One Piece - These Boss Luffy episodes are really weird. They’re basically just cameos that showcase ancient Japanese customs. I hope you like hearing the characters saying “Millennial Sakura Tree” because they only say it about 1000 times. Apparently Buggy stole that two million ton tree (somehow) with the intention of selling it to none other than Foxy. We get another ‘salohsloh’ beam battle, Boss Luffy wins, and the little sick kid gets to see the Sakura pedals drop because that’s important for some reason. This was a really predictable filler episode made only somewhat watchable by the appearance of Foxy and his antics. Rating: Feeeeeefefefebleh

With the exception of the first hour, this was a lackluster week. Still watchable but not great. Next week, however, looks awesome! We’re getting GINYU FORCE, a VERY HYPE Kill la Kill, the FINALE of InuYasha, Luffy’s THIRD GEAR, and a Michiko to Hatchin PROMO! I’m ready! :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I finally decided to look up the reason why "DTR" is preferred over Dotonbori Robo. The best I could find was via TV Tropes & that "It's not openly specified why, but is likely referring to Osaka's Dōtonbori street having a reputation as a former red-light district."

DBZ Kai - Great because Vegeta still made the "I am an adult" face

Kill la Kill - Most obvious twist of all time, wow! After a generally good ending and a good episode next week, time to go into the worst part of the show. Worse then the tournament yes I am serious

SAO 2 - It gets worse then this

Naruto - Something about fox chakra?

Final Act - I skipped this because it's the second to last episode

One Piece - Buggy and Foxy were there so better then Naruto

Attack on Titan - Forgot how much of a whiny bitch Armin was and how much they could stretch out one scene

Aldnoah.Zero English dub trailer.

Now this is a show I want to see on Toonami if only for the amazing reactions in this thread.

It's trash. You really actually don't want it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm telling you, if you want a Gen Urobuchi show, it has to be Madoka Magica.
... Or Kamen Rider Gaim but that probably won't happen on Toonami.

Well that's not possible when the show wants to be treated as a serious drama.

I think its even funnier when a show isn't self-aware of how hilariously bad it is.

Next episode of Kill la Kill is probably my favorite episode of the series

Kill la Kill - Most obvious twist of all time, wow! After a generally good ending and a good episode next week, time to go into the worst part of the show. Worse then the tournament yes I am serious.

Looks like next week is gonna be fun.

It's trash. You really actually don't want it.

I've seen worse and currently Toonami is showing worse.

ckohler

So I finally decided to look up the reason why "DTR" is preferred over Dotonbori Robo. The best I could find was via TV Tropes & that "It's not openly specified why, but is likely referring to Osaka's Dōtonbori street having a reputation as a former red-light district."

Yeah, I think that's it. Takarada gave the Dotonbori Robos their name (because the Nudist Beach base is built directly under Dōtonbori street) but Mikisugi refuses to call them that because he's afraid people will confuse Nudist Beach with prostitution.

I'm telling you, if you want a Gen Urobuchi show, it has to be Madoka Magica.
... Or Kamen Rider Gaim but that probably won't happen on Toonami.

You probably should give up on Kamen Rider it has even less of a chance then sports anime does and those are already at 0%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom