• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Re: watching w/ toonami for reactions

I have a lifetime (for now?) funi sub and a CR sub I don't pay for

I could watch everything on toonami earlier
I just find it fun watching with you guys <_>

Episode 3 of IBO was basically when people decided that they either hated Mikazuki because they thought he was an edgelord or derivative of previous Gundam MCs like Heero and Setsuna or loved Mikazuki as a refreshing change of pace from overly emotional or pacifism-driven Gundam MCs.

I liked him he has this air of casualness that prevents him from becoming the typical emotionless edgelord and the show saves the character navel gazing for other characters like Orga or Kudelia. Like he never gives anyone the cold shoulder or stands at the back of the room leaning against the wall with his arms crossed as if he was too cool to socialize, he's just really quiet and usually doesn't have much to say.

And I think the show has enough expressive characters like Eugene or Norba that it balances out his reticence.

That being said this show does have its fair share of typical Gundam stupidity, like don't expect its politics to make any sense at all and it can be heavy handed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You can use your Crunchyroll (TM) account to check out all of the new anime airing this summer season, like the second season of the hit cooking show, Shokugeki no Soma! Or the brand new season of Berserk to prepare yourself for the upcoming Koei Tecmo game!

or be like me & watch Saiki Kusou no Nan, SoS, and the two Danganronpa 3 animes.

Soulflarz

Banned
kids came along so I had to pause, but

from finishing episode
-I like that violin song
-I'm curious how risky the surgery is
-whew CGS name is gone
-blood came out of the center of the mech and the face, maybe oil is red :V
-I love how this kid just shoots every time it's a thing

Seda

I liked him he has this air of casualness that prevents him from becoming the typical emotionless edgelord and the show saves the character navel gazing for other characters like Orga or Kudelia. Like he never gives anyone the cold shoulder or stands at the back of the room leaning against the wall with his arms crossed as if he was too cool to socialize, he's just really quiet and usually doesn't have much to say.

Yeah, I'm not getting the edgelord vibe from Mika. He just seems very ... focused at the task on hand and doesn't seem to care too much about establishing relationship or rapport with people. His values are in a different place. And he doesn't seem selfish. Almost the opposite actually.

I'm assuming there is history between him and Orga that explains his demeanor and perspectives and it's not just a no reason personality. We'll have to see.

Yeah, I'm not getting the edgelord vibe from Mika. He just seems very ... focused at the task on hand and doesn't seem to care too much about establishing relationship or rapport with people. His values are in a different place. And he doesn't seem selfish. Almost the opposite actually.

I'm assuming there is history between him and Orga that explains his demeanor and perspectives and it's not just a no reason personality. We'll have to see.

I think someone put it best when they said that he kinda outsources moral decisions to Orga.

who the hell agrees to play someones candle game if theyre a shady prisoner and look weak
oh

right

anime

I mean, if Gon proposes a straight up fight, the other guy can turn it down. The prisoners benefit if time is wasted, so he has nothing to lose by constantly turning down Gon's propositions. Presumably the test runner has a rule in place that the game the prisoner proposes has to be reasonable, though.

Soulflarz

Banned
I mean, if Gon proposes a straight up fight, the other guy can turn it down. The prisoners benefit if time is wasted, so he has nothing to lose by constantly turning down Gon's propositions. Presumably the test runner has a rule in place that the game the prisoner proposes has to be reasonable, though.

fair enough

can we talk about sentences of crazy length for little

edit: about time they showed kurapikas red eyes
I was wondering how many more times I'd blatantly note it in the OP >_>

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The candles should have been coated in something to make them burn slow and not go out considering the prisoner's primary goal is to waste time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I thought if they won, they got time taken off of their sentence, or was that just "the longer you stall them, the less years you'll have to stay"?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair, if they win they'll lose...72 years off of their sentence because the group will be stuck for the full three days.

That being said you'd still want to win as much time as possible. The first guy had the right idea to make verbal submission a key and then destroy the person's ability to speak. You want scenarios like that.

Seda

jxLKfu6.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So yeah, Champloo replacement will most likely be announced there.

.........what if they announced BOTH shows were coming to Toonami?

Both shows make a lot of sense for the block

Escaflowne is a show along with Slayers we know Toonami would have aired back in the day had they been able to get the rights, in addition they've shown their not afraid to air older HD remasters of shows and have been open to such things.

OPM and JoJo are the two biggest new series that are highly requested, OPM seems more likely only due to the rights issues surrounding JoJo and it's shorter length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom