• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

You say that but as of right now we only have 22 episodes left of Kai and considering its the big bread winner they're gonna wanna announce what's replacing it as the lead off asap even if it's "replace with buu kai"

only 22 episodes is still the rest of this year.

i forget which Saturday but, does anyone remember when a music video was playing with a dog and a rabbit (i guess it was symbolizing something.)? I was half asleep when it came on and all i could remember is me asking myself, "What the hell am i watching right now?"

i forget which Saturday but, does anyone remember when a music video was playing with a dog and a rabbit (i guess it was symbolizing something.)? I was half asleep when it came on and all i could remember is me asking myself, "What the hell am i watching right now?"

I remember that, I believe it was only 2 weeks ago and it played during Naruto.

HxH marathon anyone?
13445797_1612365022387672_8889901852139691194_n.jpg

So if there's anything that Tokyo Mirage Sessions has shown me, it's that reviewers are less close minded about some of the more "out there" premises than I initially thought.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So if there's anything that Tokyo Mirage Sessions has shown me, it's that reviewers are less close minded about some of the more "out there" premises than I initially thought.

A rare moment where current game journalists didn't fuck up.
Sadly Star Fox Zero wasn't the same... git gud you hacks!

Line_HTX

Listen, I'm a wrestling fan, looking and stressing over ratings has been ingrained in me and will never go away no matter how hard I try

Toonami doesn't need some sort of validation to stay.

Now maybe Cena can do something about those ratings with what he's doing in China though!

:lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
yay, glad it's HxH getting a marathon.

.......but then again, I could use those hours towards Tokyo Mirage Sessions....

Line_HTX

Maybe he could shout "I'm the Face that runs the Place!" in Mandarin.

I gotta give him credit. He really sounded like he took the time and effort to learn, even though it was shaky, he got the point across clearly so even I could understand, lol

Whats the reception for HxH like in here thus far?

Cut the OP please, make the ED regular length, still waiting for that fatty troll to die a horrific death, and Kurapika looks cool with red eyes.

Show's good. I like it.

Seda

Personally, so far it feels pretty 'typical' but executed well for the genre. I know the typicality part is skewed because the manga is actually fairly old by this point.

I'm not sure who else is watching and not familiar with it, Htown mentioned "Show continues to be interesting, despite the fact that you guys keep saying this is the most boring part.", which I agree with. It's pretty clear that these first set of episodes are more focused on setting up the characters and not the conflict. I tend to be more patient than most, I feel, so I'm not too flustered if the series takes its time to establish characters and world before things shift to highanimeshonentension.

Right now I would say the element I 'like least' is Killua, but he hasn't had a chance to be fleshed out much yet. At this point he feels like just the skilled crazy kid with a thirst for murder but I assume he'll get some development.

Seda

Edit: I don't know if this makes any sense but HxH kinda reminds me of Yugioh even though I barely remember watching Yugioh.

Does that make any sense.

Personally, so far it feels pretty 'typical' but executed well for the genre. I know the typicality part is skewed because the manga is actually fairly old by this point.

I'm not sure who else is watching and not familiar with it, Htown mentioned "Show continues to be interesting, despite the fact that you guys keep saying this is the most boring part.", which I agree with. It's pretty clear that these first set of episodes are more focused on setting up the characters and not the conflict. I tend to be more patient than most, I feel, so I'm not too flustered if the series takes its time to establish characters and world before things shift to highanimeshonentension.

Right now I would say the element I 'like least' is Killua, but he hasn't had a chance to be fleshed out much yet. At this point he feels like just the skilled crazy kid with a thirst for murder but I assume he'll get some development.

HxH goes some places. I'm not going to hype it up but HxH is an extremely interesting series to me and one of my favorite manga of all time. It's strengths speak for itself.

And yes I agree Killua starts out as kind of an odd character.

Edit: I don't know if this makes any sense but HxH kinda reminds me of Yugioh even though I barely remember watching Yugioh.

Does that make any sense.

I'm not seeing it.

I would say I'm enjoying HxH. There hasn't been a big wow moment, or anything revolutionary. That said, the characters are fun, it's well produced, and there's nothing particularly bugging me about the series. I wish it would move just a little faster.

Hisoka is fucking rad. I love his design and character already.

If you asked most people I'm certain they would say the standout HxH character is Hisoka.

Who is a violent sociopathic clown with shotacon tendencies. I dunno if that says a lot about manga readers or people in general. Regardless he's my favorite HxH character as well and immediately has a very strong presence.

bigkrev

I think that by the end of this arc people will have a different view of Killua. And if not, they probably will after the end of the 3 part mini arc that takes place after this exam arc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Actual opinion: I've been liking it, & I think the pacing has been great, considering I see how certain episodes could've been easily dragged out to two or three (which I'm sure they were in the original anime). It's basically "a really good shonen" & I kind of wish I discovered this earlier.

Gon could've easily been annoying, but there's a charm to his child-like innocence. Kurapika actually has a personality instead of "I'M EMO CUZ BAD STUFF HAPPENED", Leorio feels like the viewer avatar in that he's the most "normal", and Killua seems like he could be interesting, but we need to learn a little bit more about him.

......also jesus christ, can Gaming go one damn week without some kind of controversy crap?

Moaradin

I think that by the end of this arc people will have a different view of Killua. And if not, they probably will after the end of the 3 part mini arc that takes place after this exam arc.

Killua is probably my favorite character and I can't wait to see how people think of him by the end of this series lol

Mizerman

I gotta give him credit. He really sounded like he took the time and effort to learn, even though it was shaky, he got the point across clearly so even I could understand, lol

I was kinda surprised about that. Then again, he's pretty much the representative of WWE these days.

I like it. Still need to watch more episodes to see where it goes, but I'm not bored of it so far.

Caught up on the block.

Wasn't a fan of this Samurai Champloo episode. The campfire scene at the beginning where Fuu told the others to say what had changed about them felt blunt and obvious, like the show hadn't done enough with the characters up to that point and was hastily making up for it. Sure, it seems like something Fuu would do, but to me it just put a spotlight on how I don't actually feel like I know these characters very well. And I think as a result, it made the plot developments feel equally as hasty; the reveal of who Fuu's father is and why she's after him and how this was all being watched by the government is a slapdash way to start wrapping things up. Placing their journey in a larger context also abandons a lot of the simplicity that I appreciated about their little quest; I liked that they weren't trying to save the world, and that they weren't being relentlessly pursued.

I'm also iffy on how Iron-Blooded Orphans handled the scene where our main characters shoot unarmed prisoners. While they're doing what's necessary in the moment, I don't think that's where these events should philosophically conclude; there's plenty to say about what's necessary, and I'd argue those things SHOULD be said because just leaving it as "we did what we had to do" can be reductive in the wrong context. And since the episode made a joke right after those shootings and then cut to a scene where Orga is just such a swell guy because he gives people their severance pay, I don't know if I trust the show to go where I think it needs to go; it feels like it's shoving these rather troubling things off to the side so we can get giant robots blowing shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom