• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Both shows make a lot of sense for the block

Escaflowne is a show along with Slayers we know Toonami would have aired back in the day had they been able to get the rights, in addition they've shown their not afraid to air older HD remasters of shows and have been open to such things.

OPM and JoJo are the two biggest new series that are highly requested, OPM seems more likely only due to the rights issues surrounding JoJo and it's shorter length.

I wouldn't expect Escaflowne HD any time soon if only because the turn around time with these remasters seems to be on the labiours side due to difficulty in obtaining materials.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh, don't forget that Psycho-Pass was number three on that list so that might be a series we eventually have to deal with.

ckohler

jxLKfu6.png

https://www.myinstants.com/instant/one-punchhhhh/

Seda

By the way, Jason implied on his ask.fm that the DBZ marathon question may have been just hot air. The [as] schedule is still blanked out for July 2 so it's probably a marathon but maybe not DBZ.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
DRAGON BALL Z KAI ADSM 9:00 PM 1,201 0.6
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O. ADSM 12:00 AM 893 0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER ADSM 4:00 PM 826 0.4
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO ADSM 1:40 AM 715 0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN ADSM 2:30 PM 678 0.3
ONE PIECE ADSM 12:30 PM 668 0.3

Total viewers seem down but 18-49 ratings seem mostly typical? Also I don't know why the times are all off.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-ratings-copa-america-big-bang-theory-on-top/

The Copa probably messed with the numbers. Was a really good game that night.

Mizerman

DRAGON BALL Z KAI ADSM 9:00 PM 1,201 0.6
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O. ADSM 12:00 AM 893 0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER ADSM 4:00 PM 826 0.4
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO ADSM 1:40 AM 715 0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN ADSM 2:30 PM 678 0.3
ONE PIECE ADSM 12:30 PM 668 0.3

Total viewers seem down but 18-49 ratings seem mostly typical? Also I don't know why the times are all off.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-ratings-copa-america-big-bang-theory-on-top/

Ooof. I mean the ratings are still solid enough, but dang.

I get the reasons, the timing, the dub premiere, it all fits together.

I guess the assumption would be Toonami announces it and says to check out the panel the next day to get a glimpse of the dub. I dunno just seems weird to have a OPM dub panel if the cat is already out of the bag.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I guess the assumption would be Toonami announces it and says to check out the panel the next day to get a glimpse of the dub. I dunno just seems weird to have a OPM dub panel if the cat is already out of the bag.

Keep in mind we might not be seeing the dub on Toonami in July.

zulux21

Thinking about it, if they acquired the series, we may hear about Dragon Ball Super airing on Toonami at AX.

best you should hope for is a dragon ball kai second half announcement, but even then that likely won't happen for a few more months.

super won't be until late 2017 or early 2018.

best you should hope for is a dragon ball kai second half announcement, but even then that likely won't happen for a few more months.

super won't be until late 2017 or early 2018.

Buu Kai is probably the safest announcement for ax since it'll bring hype and it'll be coming sooner then later

zulux21

Yea, remember when they got Kai they shouted it at the heavens a good 6 months before it premiered.

yeah but they likely won't air buu kai until the current kai ends its run anyways so there isn't much reason to hype it up this time since it will just come when people expect it anyways.

yeah but they likely won't air buu kai until the current kai ends its run anyways so there isn't much reason to hype it up this time since it will just come when people expect it anyways.

You say that but as of right now we only have 22 episodes left of Kai and considering its the big bread winner they're gonna wanna announce what's replacing it as the lead off asap even if it's "replace with buu kai"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom