• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the new Bleach chapter is called, since they already used "THE END"
*looks*
THE END 2

Huh.

Well, at least the first page claims that the series is ending soon. Also, lol @
the villain getting bored and ending all of the subordinate fights.

ckohler

Just because you asked I'm not going to post it until tomorrow.

Just kidding here it is.

For all 7 people who watch it. :p

Good episode! It's fun listening to Seda's One Piece theories. Don't accidentally give him any hints.

I agree that One Punch Man coming to Toonami seems like it may happen considering the circumstances. I certainly hope it's that or maybe somehow My Hero Academia and not something less fun.

BTW, I noticed that the creator and director of FLCL, Kazuya Tsurumaki, will be at Anime Expo. Maybe he'll have something to share.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
If Bleach the manga is truly ending sooner then later then I wouldn't be surprised if a Bleach blood war arc anime was announced to finish the story for anime fans. It probably could be animated in 26 episodes.
If they were going to do this, they would have announced it here and now.

ckohler

Yeah, there's a Toonami panel and an FLCL panel, right?

You're right. The panel is even called "FLCL 2". We'll definitely be learning more Sunday...

anime-expo.org said:
Come join Maki Terashima-Furuta as she hosts the panel with Jason DeMarco from Adult Swim, introducing Kazuya Tsurumaki, the one and only original creator of "FLCL" and Mayumi Shintani, the lovely voice behind Haruko. The first 1,500 attendees will receive a complimentary FLCL poster/postcard only available at AX. This panel will follow immediately after the Production I.G panel you would not want to miss!

Seda

Figured it would be useful to put some basic info in one post for people like me who don't consume this stuff 24/7. Here are highlilghts with definite or possible Toonami-related info. In chronological order.

VIZ Media Panel
Friday, July 1 • 1:30pm - 2:45pm (PDT)
Join the VIZ Media crew at our 30th anniversary celebration! We’ll talk about some of your favorite titles like NARUTO, ONE-PUNCH MAN, TOKYO GHOUL and SAILOR MOON. We’ll also be making announcements, showing off exclusive first looks at new titles, giving away prizes and having a grand old time. There might even be jokes!
http://sched.co/7QNq (schedule link)

---

Aniplex of America Industry Panel
Friday, July 1 • 4:00pm - 5:00pm (PDT)
What does “Sword Art Online II”, “DURARARA!!x2”, “Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]”, “KIZUMONOGATARI”, “KILL la KILL” and “Madoka Magica” all have in common? You guessed it. Those are just some of the many hit titles that Aniplex of America has brought to the fans in North America. Join us as we discuss what awesome things we have coming down the pipeline! From fan-favorite releases, exciting news and all of our exclusive events we’re hosting at this year’s AX. We even have cool prizes that are just waiting to go home with you. Come have fun with us and learn why so many fans agree that, “It’s only the best with Aniplex!”
http://sched.co/7QNw (schedule link)

---

Toonami Industry Panel
Friday, July 1 • 7:30pm - 8:30pm (PDT)
Toonami is the iconic programming block that helped introduce anime and many action cartoons to generations of fans. Join the creators of Toonami for a look at what’s been happening and what’s to come!
http://sched.co/7QO5 (schedule link)

---

Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel
Saturday, July 2 • 11:30am - 12:30pm (PDT)
Do you want an inside look at all that’s new and exciting from Sentai Filmworks? Of course you do. Join us for our industry panel!
http://sched.co/7QZt (schedule link)

---

ONE PUNCH MAN Matsuri at AX
Saturday, July 2 • 3:30pm - 5:30pm (PDT)
The highly anticipated “One Punch Man” is finally here! As the best-selling manga, it has gathered lots of attention from fans all over the world and with the anime becoming a crowd favorite, this is definitely an amazing experience you won’t want to miss. This event will consist of an engaging talk show with special guests: Animation Director Shingo Natsume and Saitama Voice Actor Makoto Furukawa, live performance from JAM Project, and more!
http://sched.co/7QZp (schedule link)
We’re excited to announce that the ONE PUNCH MATSURI will also include the premiere screening of the first English dubbed episode of ONE PUNCH MAN. There will also be other surprise guests you won’t want to miss!
http://www.anime-expo.org/one-punch-man-dubbed-premiere-ax-2016/ (PR link)

---

Funimation Industry Panel
Sunday, July 3 • 11:45am - 1:45pm (PDT)
From Akira to Dragon Ball Z, hear the latest news, info, and announcements from North America's largest anime distributor—Funimation. Live tweet with us using the hashtag #FUNimationPanel for a chance to win prizes!
http://sched.co/7QPk (schedule link)

---

Production IG Industry Panel
Sunday, July 3 • 4:00pm - 5:00pm (PDT)
Come join Maki Terashima-Furuta the VP/producer at Production IG USA, as she introduces new and upcoming titles from Production IG with the newest clips and slideshows of shows such as "Attack on Titan: Junior High," "Joker Game," "Haikyu!!" "Kuroko's Basketball," "Ghost in the Shell The New Movie Virtual Reality Diver," etc. To be discussed additionally are the new "FLCL 2" show with Cartoon Network, a new collaborative show "Perfect Bones" with Netlix, and the live action movie of "Ghost in the Shell," currently in production with special guest Ari Arad from the production! Besides the exclusive swag giveaway, this is definitely a panel you would not want to miss! This panel will be followed by a FLCL panel immediately after.
http://sched.co/7QPm (schedule link)

---

FLCL 2 Guest Panel
Sunday, July 3 • 5:15pm - 6:15pm (PDT)
Come join Production I.G. VP/producer, Maki Terashima-Furuta as she hosts FLCL 2 panel with Jason DeMarco from Adult Swim, introducing Kazuya Tsurumaki, the one and only original creator of FLCL and Mayumi Shintani, the lovely voice behind Haruko. The first 1,500 attendees will receive a complimentary FLCL poster/postcard only available at AX. This panel will follow immediately after the Production I.G panel you would not want to miss!
http://sched.co/7QPn (schedule link)
http://www.anime-expo.org/production-g-present-flcl-2-panel-creator-harukos-voice-actress-ax-2016/ (PR Link)

Neoxon

I hope we get some JoJo dub news at the Viz panel.
We already knew that Stardust Crusaders & Diamond is Unbreakable are getting dubs as of an older Viz Media panel. The question is when are we gonna get the dubs. Though if anything, I'd expect news on the Part 3 dub first, with some reaffirmation that Part 4 will receive a dub. The real question is if they'll re-dub Parts 1 & 2.

Line_HTX

Christine M. Cabanos ‏@ChristineMCVA 7m7 minutes ago

I also voice Almiria Bauduin in "Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-blooded Orphans" on Toonami!

CmOcWs_VYAE37aS.jpg:large

Incoming Silica, Shiemi, Mako comparisons.

Funimation just/reaquired the rights to the second half of d-gray man which they didn't dub along with the new hollow series. Would be cool to see the whole series dubbed soon.

Funimation just/reaquired the rights to the second half of d-gray man which they didn't dub along with the new hollow series. Would be cool to see the whole series dubbed soon.

The weird thing about the D.Gray-Man anime is that the first ~52 episodes are filler-bloated trash, while the last ~52 episodes are a legitimately good adaptation.

I was under the impression that they didn't dub the second half due to low sales, but I was corrected about it. However, I don't remember what the real explanation is. Does anyone remember?

Jarate

Banned
The hair designs in this Gundam have been so ridiculous.

I think half their companies budgets go into hair gel for Orca

Jarate

Banned
I dont mind ridiculous hair styles for anime that are super cartoony, or even just relatively cartoony, but it's weird in IBO due to how gritty the show is.

Every year I'm always busy around AX. I really wanted to go this year because my friends were gonna crash Inafune's panel and boo him and I really wanted to join.

Jarate

Banned
we should all go to the sentai panel and boo them!

One day ill make it to a con with a toonami panel and ask them when's ping pong

Jarate

Banned
People who ask about shows at Toonami Q&A segments are the scum of the earth though

I probably wouldn't do it tbh

I would like to ask some serious questions, I'd also try to invite people to the gaf thread to see if we could do an AMA or something on the topic.

The troll in me would want to ask him why Bleach was cancelled

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Listening to the ToonamiGAF podcast last night, it was a good point that the 1 a.m. slot might go to Funimation since they haven't had anything new recently (well aside from Dimension W) & it would be a good slot for the "kind of new, kind of old" show like Champloo.

Also, I'm debating if I want to watch the marathon because I have to work 6 days next week & I want to get more Tokyo Mirage Sessions played since I still have no idea when I'm getting Zero Time Dilemma (moar liek zero game dilemma).

Line_HTX

Because Hunter Hunter is 150 episodes, no way am I watching a holiday marathon since they like to take their time with their pacing, as is what shounen does. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it works like watching OG DBZ marathons back during Weekday Toonami.

I really want Sailor Moon to come back in some fashion though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soooo there's a possible video game Kickstarter scam out there, but I fear bringing it up over in Gaming as it could possibly devolve into Gamergate bullshit and fights.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I understand the fact they have to American-ize names to reach a broader demographic, but at least ATTEMPT to be similar to the original names. Even Disney did this with Doraemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom