• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirata

Well, aren't Gon and Killua 12? Then Leorio's statement that 'he's a teenager just like them' isn't even correct because those two are not.

In Japanese it would be correct. The word for twelve is "juu ni" and the word for 19 is "juu kyu."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HEY GUYS, YOU JUST FINISHED RUNNING 50+ MILES!

NO TIME FOR BREAKS, NOW LET'S RUN IN A SWAMP!!! WITH DANGEROUS MONSTERS!!

Seda

It wouldn't make any sense if Satotz was a man faced ape. That means the exam was initiated by some creature and not the examination committee. That would like forfeit the whole thing, unless the apes are in on it.

Obvious deception even without Hisoka's acrobatics.

It really is an endurance test tho. Satotz doesn't increase his speed at all so as long as you follow him and keep up the same pace you'll be fine. Time for another episode of Hunter x Hunter.

RagnarokX

I bet Shippuden would've dragged out this minor situation into an entire episode.

No, Naruto copied this in the first part. This is essentially the Forest of Death where the teams had to deal with genjutsus and transformation jutsus. Remember how Team 7 came up with that stupid incredibly long passphrase so that they would be able to tell friend from imposter and Orochimaru attacked them. It was multiple episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
In Japanese it would be correct. The word for twelve is "juu ni" and the word for 19 is "juu kyu."
So more of a translation thing. Kind of figured.

...plus I recall 20 is the age of majority, so makes more sense in Japanese, compared to 18 in the US.

Tonpa needs a girlfriend or something

OlderVicky9.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
uh, I thought that stuff made you poop, not puke.

..........then again, maybe it was for the best they exited through the frog's mouth....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of bummed we didn't get a sample of what Genos sounds like, but oh well. Sonic sounds decent, though it was just one line.

Can't wait to see what the bumps will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom