• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Looks like the editors finally got sick of him dragging this out.

The whole thing does scream "editors are done with him". Bleach has tanked in the ratings and volume sales are way down. Get him out and bring in some (hopefully) fresh blood.
I wouldn't be surprised of most of the final chapter was a ton of panels explaining what happened to most of the characters.

Jarate

Banned
I watched all of the marathon last night but didnt post here because I was also playing video games

One Punch Man dub looks p-good I guess.

Funimation AX Industry Panel right now

dc1672127fdf34a00ccde0e2312b24da.png

Bull, wheres the proof? not that I don't believe you but I also doubt Kubo will let this train end soo soon, I was expecting at least another year of Bleachyness.

From the Bleach ending thread on OT.

Bleach Volume 74 will be the final volume of the series.

Guess that means only a handful of chapters until it ends in Jump.

This news came from Volume 73, which includes Chapters 664-674.
The chapters that haven't been collected are 675-680. If the final volume contains 11 chapters as well, then there's at least five chapters left. Maybe six.

Either way, this is going to be a rushed as hell ending with no satisfaction. Should have ended when you were on top Kubo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"So what made you guys decide to uncancel Bleach? IT WAS US, RIGHT, YOU ACTUALLY LISTENED TO US FOR ONCE?!? THAT MEANS YOU'LL AIR IT SUBBED?!"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
For real though, I actually wouldn't mind Naruto and Bleach getting the DBZ Kai treatment because watching Shippuden on Toonami a few weeks ago for the first time in while made me realize how much filler totally ruined those two shows.

So much this. Shippuden is glacially paced and would benefit from a ton of editing. Maybe some reanimation.
I imagine a Bleach Kai would be like 140 episodes. And that's including the Blood War.

What we really need is One Piece Kai. While not as painfully slow as Shippuden, One Piece could easily be edited down to a much quicker pace (as the One Pace project shows). Hell if Toei could do DBZ Kai, they could do One Piece at some point.

So much this. Shippuden is glacially paced and would benefit from a ton of editing. Maybe some reanimation.
I imagine a Bleach Kai would be like 140 episodes. And that's including the Blood War.

What we really need is One Piece Kai. While not as painfully slow as Shippuden, One Piece could easily be edited down to a much quicker pace (as the One Pace project shows). Hell if Toei could do DBZ Kai, they could do One Piece at some point.

+1

I straight up gave up trying to follow One Piece's anime because it's slowed to a crawl.

Mizerman

A Bleach anime trimming down the fat would be greatly welcomed.

On a weekly basis, the One Piece anime's pacing has been a bit irritating for me since Enies Lobby.

Though I think Thriller Bark drags in the manga, too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Netflix finally added the dub to Blue Exorcist. A dub I quite enjoyed all things considered.

Kill la Kill, AoT, SAO II still Japanese only.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh god, God Eater 2's pre-order bonus now has, along with SAO, Tokyo Ghoul, & Tales of Zestiria, costumes from Assassination Classroom.

....Namco needs to release a demo because I'm very tempted to pre-order this now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just hope they get added one day. Especially KlK. I should probably just break the bank and get it on Blu Ray as its basically my favorite dub ever.

BBboy20

oh god, God Eater 2's pre-order bonus now has, along with SAO, Tokyo Ghoul, & Tales of Zestiria, costumes from Assassination Classroom.

....Namco needs to release a demo because I'm very tempted to pre-order this now.
So, you, me, and Freude be god eating?

I'm at AX and I'm honestly shocked how many people are doing AgK stuff. Also SAO is still extremely popular.

I'll never understand. I'm going to go caress my $150 Bakemonogatari blu Ray now.

Regiruler

I'm at AX and I'm honestly shocked how many people are doing AgK stuff. Also SAO is still extremely popular.

I'll never understand. I'm going to go caress my $150 Bakemonogatari blu Ray now.

Welcome to anime conventions.

The curious thing is that AoT doesn't have a substantially larger cosplay representation given that it's far more popular. Maybe because the characters aren't that visually distinct?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Welcome to anime conventions.

The curious thing is that AoT doesn't have a substantially larger cosplay representation given that it's far more popular. Maybe because the characters aren't that visually distinct?

It's died off big time since last year. Very popular awhile ago.

BBboy20

Hot Topic has video promotions for AGK. :X

This new Blue Exorcist will be canon, right?

That dub was very enjoyable, even if it was the SAO cast.
Like, is it a retelling or not? Because there doesn't seem to be anything conclusive.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Considering how Big O ended (basically implying a do-over / continual loop), I'd love to see a Big O S3 play through the classic content... with differences that Roger himself notices. Then the story could be taken in a whole new direction, depending on how they'd decide to work things.

Oh, and I was one of the people that didn't know Saitama was confirmed to be Ichi'Ken'n the network until I saw the preview trailer live. I... knew exactly what it was in like the first few seconds (odd considering I've never seen the anime at all, just have some of the Manga).

Now I only wish it could run back-to-back with Bleach, so we'd see an endless power struggle of one ups followed by a guy who reached max power, and thinks it's dull.

OnePunch should be fun to sketch dump... at least I got a taste of that last night.

Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom