• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I forgot Sentai is dubbing My Love Story!! as well. It doesn't look too bad so far. I need to finish watching that series. It is adorable.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Perhaps the Oct. line up will be....

11:30: DBZ Kai
12:00: Gundam IBO
12:30: HxH
1:00: Escaflowne
1:30: Shippuden
2:00: One Piece
2:30: One Punch Man

Maybe put Escaflowne a bit earlier, but that would be one decent line up.

I'm sorry but everything about the new productions of FLCL sounds like a misguided cluster fuck. This is next year and the character designer didn't know it existed until two months ago and the director has already switched? Still sounds like its in extremely early production. Why is this being made.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm sorry but everything about the new productions of FLCL sounds like a misguided cluster fuck. This is next year and the character designer didn't know it existed until two months ago and the director has already switched? Still sounds like its in extremely early production. Why is this being made.

Because Demarco has willed it into being.

Because Adult Swim believe they'll make a profit off of making it, same reason 99% of everything is made.

Seda

It does kinda sound like Adult Swim is just throwing money at the creators so they make something they might not be actually inspired to make.

Seda

exscomu.png

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Another thing that makes that rendition of the anthem really dumb? Only Michelangelo and Splinter are American creations.
Sonic, One Piece, and Shaman King are Japanese, and the Winx Club is Italian.

And even with Splinter you can argue he's Japanese since the 2003 series used the comic book origin where he was a rat that lived with Hamato Yoshi until Shredder killed him.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
On a weekly basis, the One Piece anime's pacing has been a bit irritating for me since Enies Lobby.

Though I think Thriller Bark drags in the manga, too.
Infact my main criticisim of OP is that I think Oda drags out arcs longer than he should, but it was the thriller bark arc that really got on my shit list because of that, mainly because its a horrible idea to have a entire arc based around a halloween setting

Jarate

Banned
Infact my main criticisim of OP is that I think Oda drags out arcs longer than he should, but it was the thriller bark arc that really got on my shit list because of that, mainly because its a horrible idea to have a entire arc based around a halloween setting

I like Thriller Bark's setting.

Only ARV that was super drawn out to me was
fishman island
but that was just not a very good arc in general.

Jarate

Banned
Isn't it more that they are making her more Japanese looking? How the fuck is it whitewashing when it's made in Japan?

Also, the Warriors just became a sports shonens antagonist team

Isn't it more that they are making her more Japanese looking? How the fuck is it whitewashing when it's made in Japan?

In Asian countries in general, there's a big problem with shaming people with darker skin. Skin lightening products are incredibly popular, for instance. So even outside of the US, giving a previously dark-skinned character lighter skin is a big deal.

I don't think it's a bad idea in theory, but the intro segment took so long that the novelty is pretty much gone now

Jarate

Banned
In Asian countries in general, there's a big problem with shaming people with darker skin. Skin lightening products are incredibly popular, for instance. So even outside of the US, giving a previously dark-skinned character lighter skin is a big deal.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, but just confused why people are saying she's turning white

Jarate

Banned
I could barely stomach the 90s berserk series. And I recognize that as a pretty good adaptation

I haven't touched anything else related to the series

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Know what would be amazing?

If OPM kept its OP in tact for every episode & they made Kai's OP shorter.

Seda

I checked this out.

According the DVD releases, episode 78 of DBZ Kai introduces a duet(?) opening that is horrible. I don't know who the VAs / singers are (Justin Cook and Sean Schemmel?) but it is bad.

Episode 89 introduces a fuller ensemble opening, taking pieces from each of different VAs. It's still pretty bad but about a third of is Vic so it's not as bad as it could be.

I don't know know if we'll see these (we havent seen all the alternate openings) but I was curious.

Mizerman

I checked this out.

According the DVD releases, episode 78 of DBZ Kai introduces a duet(?) opening that is horrible. I don't know who the VAs / singers are (Justin Cook and Sean Schemmel?) but its bad.

Episode 89 introduces a fuller ensemble opening, taking pieces from each of different VAs. It's still pretty bad but about a third of is Vic so it's not as bad as it could be.

I don't know know if we'll see these (we havent seen all the alternate openings) but I was curious.

Should've had Vic's version the whole way just like Nicktoons did it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I checked this out.

According the DVD releases, episode 78 of DBZ Kai introduces a duet(?) opening that is horrible. I don't know who the VAs / singers are (Justin Cook and Sean Schemmel?) but it is bad.

Justin cook is raditz
and buu
and he is also yusuke from yu yu hakusho
Sean schemmel is THE goku, man

Seda

Justin cook is raditz
and buu
and he is also yusuke from yu yu hakusho
Sean schemmel is THE goku, man

Er, I mean, I know who those two people are, but I can't necessarily tell if the awful singing voices are theirs or someone else's.

Replace "don't know" with "can't tell" in the previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom