• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, you made a mistake on the ToonamiGaf podcast.

You said Mamoru Oshii made Ghost In The Shell. This is technically incorrect. He DIRECTED the GitS movie from 1995. The actual person who created GitS was Masamune Shirow, who also did Appleseed & the concept of Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn, or Kōkaku no Pandora.

Akainu

Im not implying it isnt a problem, but saying they're trying to make her look white and whitewash her are silly when it's clearly a japanese product and she is clearly meant to therefore look more japanese.

claiming she's whitewashed or made to be whiter makes you look silly tbh.
You're a idiot.

Raxus

wait, this is from the anime?

not like, a cheap cutscene from the upcoming video game?

That feel when you see Berserk's first episode:

YX7K8XU.png

Time to commit honorable bunny seppuku

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It'd end up being somewhere around the
end of the Usopp fight to the Pirates docking stuff

Now whether or not you even bother with a Halloween Marathon when its on a Monday this year I don't know.

But
Straw Hat Docking is right in the middle of the Oars fight, so like half the marathon would be Straw Hats vs. Oars if they chose to do it there.

That said, I don't see why there would be a Halloween marathon. There usually isn't even a marathon in years where Halloween actually falls on Saturday.

If there aren't any other marathons in 2016 other than Labor Day, we would end the year with the final "fighting" episode of Thriller Bark. That's pretty unlikely, though, since Christmas Eve and New Years Eve are both on Saturday this year. There's a pretty decent chance we'll at least
defeat Moriah, though

Decent numbers for HxH marathon.

Code:
Show		Net		Time		Total Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	11:30 PM	1,156			0.5
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	906			0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	12:30 AM	850			0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	1:00 AM		809			0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	1:30 AM		805			0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	2:00 AM		781			0.3
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	2:30 AM		705			0.3

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/07/06/saturday-cable-ratings-july-2-2016/

Mizerman

Decent numbers for HxH marathon.

Code:
Show		Net		Time		Total Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	11:30 PM	1,156			0.5
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	906			0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	12:30 AM	850			0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	1:00 AM		809			0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	1:30 AM		805			0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	2:00 AM		781			0.3
HUNTER X HUNTER	ADULT SWIM	2:30 AM		705			0.3

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/07/06/saturday-cable-ratings-july-2-2016/

Very good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
HxH never really got a legit chance at success in the West until 2011.

Pretty much.
Manga was always a niche thing so that wouldn't have taken off.
The 1999 series didn't get an official release until 2008 (the fuck?) and I heard Viz edited parts of the series (though I can't confirm this). I can confirm that the dub was kind of weak.
The OVAs that followed were never released at all, probably too late at that point. At least the 2011 series covers those (and more)

Seda

GAF has been fine for me but there's definitely been a couple threads since June-ish where others have mentioned similar issues with loading and such.

Seda

Kinda funny with the marathon and One Punch Man announcements and soon incoming Samurai Jack info, I almost forgot that I'm quite looking forward to the Samurai Champloo finale this Saturday.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Punch Man ain't shit compared to Kakashi Chronicles.

Oh shit, it's the Kakashi Gaiden. One of the few highlights of the post-timeskip manga.

I should be kinder to Naruto. In light of Bleach ending really damn soon with so many lingering plots, at least Naruto wrapped up kind of decently. The last arc took way too damn long and the distant finale suffered from Harry Potter's "pair everyone even if it doesn't make sense" ending, it at least wrapped up in a somewhat satisfying way. Where as Bleach is going to rush into its ending like a freight train into a massive brick wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom