• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

Good job making a full episode out of only news! Yes Seda, I did listen until the end. :)

Regarding FLCL 2's story, I think DeMarco mentioned on a Pre-Flight that the original creator of the series still had "more they wanted to say" so that probably means they already had story ideas left over.

Here's my prediction of what the series will be about based on the announcement text:

In the first series, Haruko used Naota as a N.O. portal to find Atomisk. During that series we learned that she had previously used a younger Commander Amarao in the past to do the same thing. I'm betting in FLCL 2 it's been another 10-15 years later and Haruko has returned to Earth for a third time and this time she masquarades as a High School teacher. That's where the new female protagonist comes in. She'll be the third N.O. portal for Haruko to use and the story will revolve around this new girl and her friends. There will no doubt be cameos from Canti and maybe even some of the previous cast but they'll be adults at this point, just like Amarao was in the first series.

Regiruler

I actually want the new season/anime/arc/whatever to come to toonami. If nothing else the show has a nice art-style, has a decent voice direction, and is a good group watch.

Jarate

Banned
I have absolutely no interest in Blue Excorsist at all. I didnt find any of the supporting cast or main character to be anything other then annoying.

*reads Bleach*

post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-S-NWLY.gif

*sees all the plot contrivances*

fa4.png

I can't even muster up any emotion any more.

Expecting Bleach to be good nowadays is like sticking your hand in an electric outlet and being surprised that you get shocked.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Of course I don't expect Bleach to be good anymore. I expect it to be great now that good guy Gingo and my boy Tsukashima have rolled back up.

Raxus

Oh man, JoJo part 4 is living up to the hype and more. It is unexpectedly sweet when I least expect it to be.

Even if it does have shitty hair a bird would nest in.

I don't necessarily HATE Blue Exorcist. It's an inoffensive show that I might have enjoyed if I was back in Middle School and just starting to get into anime, but that swerve ending of Statan being good all along is just too fucking ridiculous for me to forgive.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't necessarily HATE Blue Exorcist. It's an inoffensive show that I might have enjoyed if I was back in Middle School and just starting to get into anime, but that swerve ending of Statan being good all along is just too fucking ridiculous for me to forgive.
This is similar to how I feel. The slice-of-life episodes were rather funny & the ending was bonkers (WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? KILL ME WITH YOUR TITS?!), but man, it was so mediocre the rest of the time. I almost fell asleep during that cat episode because I was so bored.

It's perhaps one of the most middle of the road anime we've had.

Line_HTX

Which would you prefer...

"I'll put a stop to this. I'll kill all the Titans... EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!"

or

"I'm gonna beat the shit out of Satan!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd honestly watch a spin-off of Blue Exorcist if it was completely focused on the sillier moments & slice of life episodes like the beach & making that cake.

As I've said before the manga of Blue Exorcist has a lot of really cool moments and the characters grow in develop fairly well. The original series basically diverted around the point when the final main member of the cast Shura was fully introduced which in the manga is when the series really begins to dive into the characters explaining who they are, how they got here, and we start seeing a lot of development for them.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Cm4vPHGWAAAJZGE.jpg

What the triple fudge coated super fuck is this?

I wonder if we can start "DON'T bring Berserk to Toonami". Then again, I don't think anyone wants it.

Jarate

Banned
Paul McCartney still puts on a damn good show fellas

get to see Steely Dan next week, so I'll probably be late. Gotta see all these dad rock bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom