• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YO, WHAT, A SHOW THAT DID BETTER THAN DBZ KAI?!?!?!

ONE PUNCH MAN TO GET THE 11:30 SLOT NOW WITH OP LEFT INTACT!!

Code:
Show				Net		Time		Total Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI		ADULT SWIM	11:30 PM	1,279			0.6
ONE-PUNCH MAN			ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	1,282			0.6
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O.	ADULT SWIM	12:30 AM	971			0.5
HUNTER X HUNTER			ADULT SWIM	1:00 AM		942			0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN		ADULT SWIM	1:30 AM		886			0.4
ONE PIECE			ADULT SWIM	2:00 AM		768			0.3
PARASYTE- THE MAXIM		ADULT SWIM	2:30 AM		677			0.3

saitama_vs_goku_by_nopeys-d9sgxnh.jpg

Cwarrior

In an interview Studio Bones President expressed he was disappointed by the reception of Space dandy.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-07-19/interview-studio-bones-president-masahiko-minami/.104467

(laughs) Very clever. After seeing the reception to Space Dandy in the United States, was it what you expected or wanted for the property? How did you feel about how Space Dandy was received over here? There was this suspicion that you would've wanted it to be bigger.

Honestly speaking, I hoped that the audience would be a little bit more receptive.

Do you have any feelings or ideas on why it was not as big as you thought at first?

I thought it would be a lot more explosive feelings of happiness all over the world from watching. I thought we had created a show that's like none other, so I had the feeling like "You wanted to see something like this, didn't you?!” But the audience was kind of “meh.” But I feel like I made a timeless piece, so once you have kids and the kid grows up and watches Space Dandy, they can still be like “yay!” And I thinks it's a success in that way.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I won't lie that looking back at S1, it was very hit-or-miss or mixed episodes, but I'm still glad I watched it & would love a S3, especially since it seemed like S2 was overall better.

I still like the episodes where the focus is on Meow & especially QT (that giant robot fight was awesome).

BTW, don't know how well liked the series is here, but I recently bought the Psycho-Pass film.
PPtM_us_img.jpg

Like a lot of Funimation releases, it has a digital HD version included. I don't need it, so I was wondering if anyone here would like it? PM me if you're interested.

Edit: And gone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Space Dandy was freaking amazing, pretty sad to see it got poor reception here. AS co-funded Season 2, right?

AS has the rights to both seasons because they got in during the initial planning phase and had it expanded to two.

I'm seriously shocked it wasn't loved over here. Dandy was legend.

ckohler

Was he saying the viewership wasn't good here or in Japan because I thought they were talking about Japan.
Nevermind. I misread it and I'm surprised Space Dandy wasn't as popular in the US as they expected.

Jarate

Banned
hey everyone, I sent out Pm's to most people who have posted in this here thread! If you did not get a PM, or you merely just lurk, please throw me a PM!~

Gorillaz

Best the block has been for a while bro
Hmm

Yea i watching it again soon anyway because samurai jack was suppose to come back later this year probably September or October but im interested in the new lineup

Im going to assume black lagoon flopped so bad they never showed the ova on here or maybe they don't hsve the rights

Jarate

Banned
Hmm

Yea i watching it again soon anyway because samurai jack was suppose to come back later this year probably September or October but im interested in the new lineup

Im going to assume black lagoon flopped so bad they never showed the ova on here or maybe they don't hsve the rights

Black Lagoon not only failed miserably (which is weird, because other shows that seemingly shouldve flopped didnt, like Michiko and Hatchin) but the OVAs also had a lot more nudity too them. Im not sure if they will ever air, but we havent gotten them yet. (I doubt we'll ever get them tbh)

Future is looking good though for the block. We know Samurai Jack and FLCL 2 are coming, and it's just a matter of time until we get Jojo and My Hero Academia too.

DBZ is in its best place with the Cell Games starting soon, OPM is amazing, Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans is surprisingly really good, HxH has been doing very well ratings wise, One Piece is in a great arc, and apparently this Naruto arc is supposed to be good? (I hate everything about Naruto)

Also, just too make sure you know, the block got moved up to 11:30 EST now. We're a little slower on the weekdays now, but we still generally post a lot during the block. Join us (or at least DVR everything!)

EDIT: http://www.adultswim.com/misc/one-punch-man-premiere/ Here's OPM if you missed it

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hmm

Black Lagoon's OVA was way too fucking crazy for American TV. Short of getting put on HBO it ain't getting on TV.

Seda

sqIwDug.gif

(There wasn't that much nudity or sex in the OVA. Felt similar to Hellsing Ultimate. IIRC One quick topless scene, Revy in her underwear, Roberta getting frisky before killing a dude.)

Jarate

Banned
The hell? Space Dandy wasn't well received? I'm nearing the end of Season 1 and I have loved it! I need to tweet at this man.

I think it was well received, but I don't think it was the smash success they thought it was going to be

American anime fans are stupid, and casual fans don't like comedy series

BBboy20

Seeing an eye get pressed into is still the goriest thing Toonami has ever aired so
I am not why peeps here think BLOVA cain't be aired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom