• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

That logo would mean first part right? If so, is Viz doing their own dub or are the going with Warner Bros. dub?

I think they were using the WB dub, and carrying over the voices where they applied as well, but not 100% (I think at least the voice of Dio is supposed to be the same between WB and viz)

either way the WB dub wasn't bad, just the actual dvd release was :p

giphy.gif

Guys, what if the Toonami audience doesn't click with Jojo?

Neoxon

a33.gif

BEST TOONAMI LINEUP OF ALL TIME!

Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Kai, JoJo, Samurai Jack, One Piece!
Oh, & One-Punch Man!

Toonami's line-up is gonna be GODLIKE!!!!! Hopefully they're in it for the long-haul as far as JoJo goes. The American audience deserves to see JoJo in all of its glory.

Oh hell yes, that means we get to witness Part 2 & Joseph Joestar.

Would be amazing if we went to part 3 right after part 2 finished.
The Part 3 dub will likely be finished by then, so I'd be shocked if Toonami doesn't go straight into Part 3 after they finish Parts 1 & 2.

Crocodile

WOW that sure is big news. Someone should probably podcast about it. Hopefully one wasn't just recorded a few hours ago that would have just missed this big news.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was actually just watching last week's Jojo episode, too. :D

Like One Punch Man, Jojo was always a matter of when, not if.

Dragon Ball Z Kai
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans / Samurai Jack
Hunter X Hunter
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
One-Punch Man

is an insane lineup.

Also, Demarco just confirmed (because I asked) it is Part 1.

HxH, JoJo, OPM

My god...3 shows I want to watch on Toonami. It feels like forever since there's been that many.

I don't want to get greedy, but MHA is the only thing missing now.

Seda

ONLY part 1? Because that's only 9 episodes

It'll be Season 1 ('The Animation') as that's how the episodes are grouped.

It'll likely be followed by Stardust Crusaders (not necessarily directly but don't see why not) unless the first season tanks in ratings or something.

zulux21

"where's all the punch ghosts? This ain't jojo!"

Okay, figured it was season 1, but considering the series into "parts", just wanted to make sure

actually I figure they might be more like I was and don't know about the ghosts, and only after hitting part 3 did I realize persona 3 is a giant jojo reference :p

Soulflarz

Banned
actually I figure they might be more like I was and don't know about the ghosts, and only after hitting part 3 did I realize persona 3 is a giant jojo reference :p

Yeah I always loved that how I used to be in the huge crowd of people shouting originality of persona where it copies JoJo but then I go watch JoJo and have an 'oh, I'm dumb' moment.

the only problem is cutting off roundabout at the end of the episode is a war crime in 61 countries

Also cutting off both Sono Chi no Sadame after showing it fully once and then probably not giving Bloody Stream the same courtesy because parts 1 and 2 are pretty much the same season by US TV standards.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess since it's worth mentioning: I think there was only one name change in Part 2, otherwise everyone should have the same names.

Part 3 is when they have to change stuff, & I'm guessing they'll use the Crunchyroll subs, which were mainly based on the names that Namco got approval from the creator of Jojo when bringing over All-Star Battle on PS3 & Eyes of Heaven on PS4.

Mizerman

Guess since it's worth mentioning: I think there was only one name change in Part 2, otherwise everyone should have the same names.

Part 3 is when they have to change stuff, & I'm guessing they'll use the Crunchyroll subs, which were mainly based on the names that Namco got approval from the creator of Jojo when bringing over All-Star Battle on PS3 & Eyes of Heaven on PS4.

Especially when some of the names are pretty blatant later down the road.

Oh wow, I wasn't sure this was actually going to happen.
Hopefully it does well enough to show Stardust Crusaders, and then Diamond is Unbreakable.

Moaradin

Was not expecting this announcement so soon. Viz is going all in.

We could potentially have JoJo for a long time assuming it doesn't flop. Hopefully we go straight into Stardust Crusaders after the first season.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
GREX, LET'S MAKE ANOTHER PODCAST SO WE CAN FANBOY OUT

Also sounds like it'll be the Warner Bros. dub, meaning Ichigo is plating the role of Jonathan Joestar.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
2016 was amazing for Toonami:

- Gundam returns to the block
- Another reason of FLCL gets confirmed
- Samurai Champloo gets
- Hunter x Hunter actually happens
- Samurai Jack gets another season
- Intruder 3 is happening
- ONE PUNCH MAN
- JOJO RIGHT AFTER OPM, double whammy of awesomeness

............oh and Dimension W, which was the only real flop of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom