• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
J9lE25t.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funimation confirmed they got the rights to Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.

......also I totally forgot GitS's movie had a sequel.

did we ever hear anything out of the samurai jack panel?

Brief Info

- Season could be delayed to early 2017.

- Evil Cults & Childbirth in the first clip animated

- S05 will have 10 episodes as a 5 Hour Movie

- This time we have one really big story for jack - we could tackle more of the drama of his storyline"

- it’s going to be action-packed & very cool

- A prototype of the opening sequence was shown.

- Gennedy showcasing prototype ideas for the aged Jack

- The series will take 50 years in the future. It was originally a film, but became a new season

- Adult Swim has no limits

- The Scotsman is planned to return

- A fan ask did if Sym Biotic Titan could return. Gennedy’s response: Never say never.

- Gennedy got someone who can replace Aku TBA

- Moderator Tom Kenny(voice of Spongebob) called it Mad Jack: Fury Road.

- 1st episode 22 min long, 3 min of dialogue.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Brief Info

- This time we have one really big story for jack - we could tackle more of the drama of his storyline"

- The series will take 50 years in the future. It was originally a film, but became a new season

- A fan ask did if Sym Biotic Titan could return. Gennedy’s response: Never say never.

THE SCOTSMAN RETURNS!!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Brief Info

Not surprising. There's not even any room on block for it for the rest of the year. Though the could air it as an Adult Swim show that leads into Toonami. Or expand the blo... Ahahahaha

Fun fact: if marathons end up like we think and they double up on HunterxHunter episodes on Dec 17th, they could air Gundam's replacement (coughSamuraiJack) on Jan 7th, alongside Jojo Part II and the Buu Arc. Would be a great way to start the new year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't be yelling at any clouds, though!

That's a paddlin.

Anyways, I can still go! Champloo is gone. Naruto won't be sleepy for a bit, One Piece is at the right spot. Now all I need is something slightly more energizing at the end of the night than Parasyte and 3am will be fine.

Gorillaz

giphy.gif

tumblr_nt5yx6IQPv1ux38rlo3_500.gif

I need a sequel to this scene

I hope it doesn't fall into 2017 but if it does then Gennedy needs to make a 2.0 of this part.

edit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-LyFMCIpok it's even funnier because you hear the bagpipes in the background grow more intense. It's hilarious to hear the VO of bender from futurama hold back swear words like that. Felt partly on the spot and not script.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Come home from work and it sounds like Sega is shitting the bed pretty hard.

Must be a day that ends in Y.

Azure J

Brief Info

Coming by thanks to twitter (thanks Shard!), this looks ridiculous. God why did we cut the cord with no way to get CN regularly?

I miss ToonamiGAF. :(

Every time a new Sonic is announced, I just end up thinking "Man, it can't be worse than Sonic 2006 right?"

In case you've never played it, Sonic 2006 is a cobbled together mess that is barely functional, and excruciating to play.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Every time a new Sonic is announced, I just end up thinking "Man, it can't be worse than Sonic 2006 right?"

In case you've never played it, Sonic 2006 is a cobbled together mess that is barely functional, and excruciating to play.

Boom is arguably worse than 2006.

I think Jack has enough episodes that leave me simply feeling "that was good and very well made and I enjoyed that and appreciate it for what it is doing" instead of "THAT WAS AMAZING" that I can put Sym-Bionic Titan over it, personally.

Also I have never been able to get into Sonic no matter how hard I've tried.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Both are entertaining disasters and each has their own bad stengths and weaknesses. Trying to pick which is worse/better is like trying to pick between a tsunami and an earthquake.

Earthquakes often cause tsunamis. StH is the Earthquake. It's got the name of the franchise, made by the main Sega team, as both a reboot and an anniversary game whereas Boom can at least legitimately claim to be a spinoff based on a cartoon done by outsiders.

At least your fears are eased this year.......right?....

sonic 3&k is pretty good

Yeah agreed, too bad the music license fuckery keeps it from being remade like the mobile remasters were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom