• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Every time a new Sonic is announced, I just end up thinking "Man, it can't be worse than Sonic 2006 right?"

In case you've never played it, Sonic 2006 is a cobbled together mess that is barely functional, and excruciating to play.

I recently played FFXI
the worst game I've ever played by 2016 standards
it is brutal in all regards and has no reason to exist as is.

Sonic 06 looks like a polished 8 in comparison

I recently played FFXI
the worst game I've ever played by 2016 standards
it is brutal in all regards and has no reason to exist as is.

Sonic 06 looks like a polished 8 in comparison

Final Fantasy XI is still online? I can't believe it. I haven't heard anything about that game in years.

hot take, sonic generations isnt a very good game and has the worst final boss of all time

including drakengard 1

I just tried Generations for two hours.

I remember it having a delay on the jump.

In the same year that gave us Super Mario 3D Land and Rayman Origins, that's not okay.

The entire Sonic franchise right here
KrJ14os.gif

I need to make a list at some point of all the games on DS I played. It's by far the console I've owned the most games for. Sonic: Dark Chronicles is a game I always forget that I played and beat.

Fun fact: The only Suikoden game I've played is the DS one (which I really enjoyed).

Seda

Suikoden DS is pretty good, especially mechanically. Mains issue is the really weird voice acting (everyone speaks a mile a minute) and that it's not a part of the main Suikoden timeline.

It was amusing hearing Adam Jensen as a mage bodyguard dude.

Suikoden DS is pretty good, especially mechanically. Mains issue is the really weird voice acting (everyone speaks a mile a minute) and that it's not a part of the main Suikoden timeline.

It was only really the main character that spoke really fast. Everyone else was mostly fine. It was impressive how much voice acting there was in that game though. By far the most in any DS game I played. I really enjoyed it because at the time I was looking for a relatively simple RPG to keep me busy for awhile.

Soulflarz

Banned

found my next series

The Show Rundown's 100th (oh god) episode will be a little late, so I'm gonna go ahead and announce our big, dumb project: the Toonami Showdown. Next month, we're gonna take thirty-five (counting Black Lagoon and Ghost in the Shell as one series and InuYasha/The Final Act as two, while including Samurai Jack and FLCL) of the shows that have finished their run on the revived block and put them into an ordered ranking that we all are going to have to reach a consensus on. It'll take as long as it takes, and the catch is that we're not just considering the shows as they ran on Toonami; we're talking about the full run of a show when it goes into the ranking. So when we talk about Bleach, for example, it'll be ranked according to ALL of Bleach.

It's a really bad idea.

Raxus

The Show Rundown's 100th (oh god) episode will be a little late, so I'm gonna go ahead and announce our big, dumb project: the Toonami Showdown. Next month, we're gonna take thirty-five (counting Black Lagoon and Ghost in the Shell as one series and InuYasha/The Final Act as two, while including Samurai Jack and FLCL) of the shows that have finished their run on the revived block and put them into an ordered ranking that we all are going to have to reach a consensus on. It'll take as long as it takes, and the catch is that we're not just considering the shows as they ran on Toonami; we're talking about the full run of a show when it goes into the ranking. So when we talk about Bleach, for example, it'll be ranked according to ALL of Bleach.

It's a really bad idea.

I can probably predict what your top 3-5 will be.

I also know what 35 will be.

The podcast will be a mistake much like how anime is trash.

I truly believe NNKs gameplay is too awful to make it a classic for years to come. It plays itself and has some awful AI, and it all comes down to maiming the three exp mobs on the map.

So I guess my xcx suggestion will also be scoffed at

If we consider it aaa tms#fe is fantastic

Man God

Non-Canon Member

XCX is a great game. so is XC. I just didn't consider either one to be AAA budget wise which is why I went all the way back to FF X. Maybe they were, in which case sure.

Jarate

Banned
I just cannot stand the combat in any mmo-like single player jrpgs

I'll give XII another try, but man, after playinga ctual mmo's, they somehow have better combat systems in them :|

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I'll give XII another try, but man, after playinga ctual mmo's, they somehow have better combat systems in them :|
I remember finding FF12 decent at first, but then a few more hours in, something just snapped & I just gave up, I think because my damage output was completely random at that point & it was frustrating.

I still haven't touched XCX, but it's because I know how big of a time sink it'll be & I don't want to start something I know I can't commit to. It's part of the reason why I'm glad I've been sticking with TMS #FE (70+ hours) and understand I can only really handle a few console JRPGs per year, which is why the only two I have planned are FF15 & Persona 5.

I remember finding FF12 decent at first, but then a few more hours in, something just snapped & I just gave up, I think because my damage output was completely random at that point & it was frustrating.

I still haven't touched XCX, but it's because I know how big of a time sink it'll be & I don't want to start something I know I can't commit to. It's part of the reason why I'm glad I've been sticking with TMS #FE (70+ hours) and understand I can only really handle a few console JRPGs per year, which is why the only two I have planned are FF15 & Persona 5.

You could definitely finish XCX in 70 hours or less.

Soulflarz

Banned

Yepp. XCX is like an 8.5, I think I just hate it internally because of the OST and the fact it felt like a subpar sequel. It's not bad, it's just nothing to be compared to the original.

On chapter 3 of TMS, it's the SMT I never knew I needed.

12 is good
11 is bad
:3
12 was meant to be played alone FWIW. You aren't only playing it for the combat.

I'm still not done with it...I'm five hours in. So it's longer than that. It's my next console game after Idol Emblem though. I basically bought a big ass TV so I could read that tiny ass font.

Man God pls.

Tbh I finished it in about 80 hours since I spent a lot of time doing side quests, grinding money and supplies and just fucking around the world.

On chapter 3 of TMS, it's the SMT I never knew I needed.

Well we haven't gotten an SMT spin-off on consoles in about 10 years so I'd argue it was very much needed.

Soulflarz

Banned
The game clock runs paused or even when you hit the home button so
I have "21hr" at the midboss in ch3
Prob 13-16 in though.

And I never played Raidou. I own sooo many SMT games that I haven't played.

Oh man a boss just instawiped my entire team via chain attacks
I MISSED YOU SO MUCH SMT

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've bought a bunch of SMT PS2 games via PSN sales that I still need to play, like both Raidou games & Digital Devil Saga.

You could definitely finish XCX in 70 hours or less.
It helps now that I can look up guides & figure out when's the best time to do the character missions since I've heard some are a real pain to deal with.

....but considering I tend to have a bunch of other games in my backlog, it's hard to play JRPGs when I want to get other games finished, especially if they're shorter. Though now that I'll have to be paying rent, I'll most likely have to be more selective with what games I pre-order/wait to be discounted.

Soulflarz

Banned
I level capped in like 30 hours or something silly I remember. XCX is a game that goes a ton faster if you powerlevel in set spots (I found most of them on my own) by killing things 20 levels above you. Game is fairly broken time wise if you do that, and no real reason not to~

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God pls.

Tbh I finished it in about 80 hours since I spent a lot of time doing side quests, grinding money and supplies and just fucking around the world.

Well we haven't gotten an SMT spin-off on consoles in about 10 years so I'd argue it was very much needed.

Since getting XBX I've played XB 1 1/2 times, bringing my total up to five and a half times through that game. My shortest run was 80 hours on the nose. It seriously was the font and a gigantic backlog that stopped me from playing XBX during the initial launch period. I was finishing up MH4U and then moved onto the Pokemon remakes and Bravely Second. and since then I've basically been playing games at a higher rate than I did in 2015.

Soulflarz

Banned
XBC is also way shorter than everyone says, so is Dark Souls. I don't get how XBC is 100+ hours. I did 25+ sidequests and still finished in ~40 hours.
I beat Dark Souls in 40 hours and platinumed it in 70, which the normal time for one run.

I wonder if the way most play is diff or something. It's not a skill gap that accounts for that I assume.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I do every single quest in XBC most times and it takes me around 120 hours to do it. A lot of it is trying to fill the collectapedia as it shows up instead of just trading for shit later, though there are some rare spawns you can't do anything about without save/reloading to speed up that process.

XBC is also way shorter than everyone says, so is Dark Souls. I don't get how XBC is 100+ hours. I did 25+ sidequests and still finished in ~40 hours.
I beat Dark Souls in 40 hours and platinumed it in 70, which the normal time for one run.

I wonder if the way most play is diff or something. It's not a skill gap that accounts for that I assume.

It's takes 100+ hours if you go out and do all the side quests that the game hands you over the course of the game. 25+ side quests can contribute little to your overall play time depending on the quest.

Also wondering if I should even bother catching up on the last 3 DBZ episodes. I already watched the first OPM episode and might rewatch the IBO episode I missed, but I lack the motivation to catch up on DBZ Kai.

Jarate

Banned
It's takes 100+ hours if you go out and do all the side quests that the game hands you over the course of the game. 25+ side quests can contribute little to your overall play time depending on the quest.

Also wondering if I should even bother catching up on the last 3 DBZ episodes. I already watched the first OPM episode and might rewatch the IBO episode I missed, but I lack the motivation to catch up on DBZ Kai.

-Cell Absorbs 18
-Vegeta Shows up
-Rofl stomps 2nd form cell

there you go. There's some good animations with the fights, but honestly, if youve seen DBZ before, youve seen it already

Soulflarz

Banned

true, but most story runs only are still 60+ hours (3d is 61 on hltb, 67 for the original)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom