• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Anime (mostly Toonami) Dads

ClJw3EaUgAErxGd.jpg

Source

Its weird that for all the shit we give Bleach its the only shonen where the dad is alive and around and actively involved with his kids lives.

Neoxon

Apparently they made quite the deep cut for Mosquito Girl's VA. It's Christina Vee, who's the voice of The Miraculous Ladybug.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently they made quite the deep cut for Mosquito Girl's VA. It's Christina Vee, who's the voice of The Miraculous Ladybug.

Not exactly a deep cut when she's on a lot of Viz dubs. She also has roles in Hunter X Hunter (she's Killua), Iron-Blooded Orphans (she's Lafter), Naruto Shippuden, and One Piece out of the shows currently airing on Toonami. And for past Toonami shows she was in IGPX, Bleach, and Kill la Kill.

Seda

cristina vee has been a pretty prominent VA since like 2011 or so. She had roles before then certainly, but that's when she kinda broke out it seems.

Apparently she had a small but multiple episode part in SAO as well.

Line_HTX

cristina vee has been a pretty prominent VA since like 2011 or so. She had roles before then certainly, but that's when she kinda broke out it seems.

Apparently she had a small but multiple episode part in SAO as well.

In a lot of shows we've seen, for some reason I kept confusing Cristina Vee with Christine Cabanos because they mostly sound the same. Then I finally remembered that Cristina Vee can do a much lower pitch to distinguish from Cabanos, lol

Soulflarz

Banned
In a lot of shows we've seen, for some reason I kept confusing Cristina Vee with Christine Cabanos because they mostly sound the same. Then I finally remembered that Cristina Vee can do a much lower pitch to distinguish from Cabanos, lol

As a long time lover of her (end of gradeschool? ~2010, maybe a bit before), even I can't really notice the difference in most cases. If they're trying to mirror each other, it's impossible to tell. We aren't talking Matthew Mercer being a pro at the Troy Baker voice- it sounds identical here.

Regiruler

Not exactly a deep cut when she's on a lot of Viz dubs. She also has roles in Hunter X Hunter (she's Killua), Iron-Blooded Orphans (she's Lafter), Naruto Shippuden, and One Piece out of the shows currently airing on Toonami. And for past Toonami shows she was in IGPX, Bleach, and Kill la Kill.
Killua is Mosquito Girl?

I can't even...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I will say this for Gundam, though. As far as fanservice goes, that was downright classy by the standards of the shows that have been on this block.

Like at least it told us a little something about the characters in the process.

Rather than, you know, zooming in on somebody's butthole during an otherwise unrelated emotional scene FUCK YOU SAO

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I will say this for Gundam, though. As far as fanservice goes, that was downright classy by the standards of the shows that have been on this block.

Like at least it told us a little something about the characters in the process.

Rather than, you know, zooming in on somebody's butthole during an otherwise unrelated emotional scene FUCK YOU SAO

They weren't zooming in on her butthole dude...

Seda

They weren't zooming in on her butthole dude...

In SAO and AGK that's pretty much what it was. The girl in the SAO Season 1 murder mystery plot thing, Sinon cave scenes where it pans over her butt during conversation (I know that "zoom in" gif was fan added but still), AGK had girls collapsing in battle and had the camera right on the backsides for really no reason other than "titillation". Dimension W shower scene sort of had the context of "horror film trope" but the anglework on that was still super-especially fanservicey in a way Gundam was not, really. (The recent One Piece shower scene was also much better in this regard)

At least in Gundam, Kudelia is getting into a spacesuit, so the raw context itself is fine. We've seen shirtless dudes and now Kudelia in undergarments getting into uniform or suit, situations where we could actually would expect the characters to not be fully clothed for a moment. The quicksecond butt close up wasn't necessary and you easily could argue the scene itself wasn't necessary (she could just show up in a space suit the next scene), but at least it's not totally out of place.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In SAO and AGK that's pretty much what it was. The girl in the SAO Season 1 murder mystery plot thing, Sinon cave scenes where it pans over her butt during conversation (I know that "zoom in" gif was fan added but still), AGK had girls collapsing in battle and had the camera right on the backsides for really no reason other than "titillation". Dimension W shower scene sort of had the context of "horror film trope" but the anglework on that was still super-especially fanservicey in a way Gundam was not, really. (The recent One Piece shower scene was also much better in this regard)

At least in Gundam, Kudelia is getting into a spacesuit, so the raw context itself is fine. We've seen shirtless dudes and now Kudelia in undergarments getting into uniform or suit, situations where we could actually would expect the characters to not be fully clothed for a moment. The quicksecond butt close up wasn't necessary and you easily could argue the scene itself wasn't necessary (she could just show up in a space suit the next scene), but at least it's not totally out of place.

I know, I was just joking that they weren't only focused on the butt in that scene. You know what I'm saying.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I don't know butt you're talking about.

As a long time lover of her (end of gradeschool? ~2010, maybe a bit before), even I can't really notice the difference in most cases. If they're trying to mirror each other, it's impossible to tell. We aren't talking Matthew Mercer being a pro at the Troy Baker voice- it sounds identical here.

See I've always been able to tell the difference between Vee and Cabanos. Vee has a certain kind of tone (probably not the right word for it) that makes the difference between her and Cabanos very clear for me. Same deal with Troy Baker and his professional Impersonator. They sound similar but I can easily distinguish the two if they happen to be in the same work.

Now if only I could do the same with Sam Riegel and Michael Sinterniklaas.

Also love how you dropped that you and Cristina Vee were lovers like its no big deal :p.

Soulflarz

Banned
See I've always been able to tell the difference between Vee and Cabanos. Vee has a certain kind of tone (probably not the right word for it) that makes the difference between her and Cabanos very clear for me. Same deal with Troy Baker and his professional Impersonator. They sound similar but I can easily distinguish the two if they happen to be in the same work.

Now if only I could do the same with Sam Riegel and Michael Sinterniklaas.

Also love how you dropped that you and Cristina Vee were lovers like its no big deal :p.

Lover of her, as in her works, not being a lover of hers.

And yes I physically can tell the difference between the two it's just nearly identical if I'm not paying attention. Baker and Mercer have different voices and just can do the same one.

I haven't actually talked to Vee in a long time minus for like 1m so I doubt she even remembers I exist anymore ;_;

Lover of her, as in her works, not being a lover of hers.

And yes I physically can tell the difference between the two it's just nearly identical if I'm not paying attention. Baker and Mercer have different voices and just can do the same one.

I haven't actually talked to Vee in a long time minus for like 1m so I doubt she even remembers I exist anymore ;_;

Seems I can't tell what lover is supposed to mean in context.

I honestly can't say that Cabanos and Vee have ever sounded nearly identical to each other for me. Like I said, I'm always able to know which of the two is speaking even when I'm not paying attention.

Have you tried reconnecting with her? Maybe over a cup of coffee?

Soulflarz

Banned
Seems I can't tell what lover is supposed to mean in context.

I honestly can't say that Cabanos and Vee have ever sounded nearly identical to each other for me. Like I said, I'm always able to know which of the two is speaking even when I'm not paying attention.

Have you tried reconnecting with her? Maybe over a cup of coffee?

PLS

lover of her works. As in, someone who loves her voice/fan of hers. Not your meaning.

Reminder I'm 12 X_X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom