• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
I like how the fanservice has only really gotten a ton of attention in IBO now that it was a female having it

I don't know if we've been watching the same show, but there's been a shit ton of fanservice with the male characters.

Also, I can't really complain about the fanservice in the show, yes, it's a little weird seeing it in such a gritty world, but if wee're complaining about things that take me out of the "immersion" ofd the series, the hair is way worse then a few booty shots. That hair is one of the things that just piss me off

Apparently they made quite the deep cut for Mosquito Girl's VA. It's Christina Vee, who's the voice of The Miraculous Ladybug.

Was honestly not expecting that show to ever get mentioned here. Or at all really.

There's a lot of anime VAs on that show, though so it's not a surprise?

I can think of like 5 characters who's VAs have had roles on toonami, Including CV's character.

Regiruler

I like how the fanservice has only really gotten a ton of attention in IBO now that it was a female having it

I don't know if we've been watching the same show, but there's been a shit ton of fanservice with the male characters.

Also, I can't really complain about the fanservice in the show, yes, it's a little weird seeing it in such a gritty world, but if wee're complaining about things that take me out of the "immersion" ofd the series, the hair is way worse then a few booty shots. That hair is one of the things that just piss me off
The manservice was definitely talked about for the first 3 episodes or so.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Man service was running wild in the first three episodes.

Also, I can't really complain about the fanservice in the show, yes, it's a little weird seeing it in such a gritty world, but if wee're complaining about things that take me out of the "immersion" of the series, the hair is way worse then a few booty shots. That hair is one of the things that just piss me off

Oh no, the manservice was definitely discussed. That's what most people were talking about in the first three episodes.

maxresdefault.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Opro_cjvM&feature=youtu.be

Hey so this episode is SUPER LATE since it's from Toonami on July 16, but it was our 100th episode (more or less) so I figured I should post it here.

"We're fashionably late to the party to not only discuss the One Punch Man premiere from...a week and a half ago, but to celebrate the fact that we somehow made it to episode 100. Joey's here to help us reminisce about our long, stupid history over the last three years. But that's not all! We also talk about how Hideaki Anno is sorry, laugh at where the Bleach manga ended up, and realize just how powerful Krillin's virginity makes him. Plus we discuss where babies come from in the DBZ universe, why Crab Man might not make a return apperance, how Tonpa did nothing wrong, the inverse relationship between the presence of goggles and show quality, and LABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. Oh, and we read the comments from when the TOMmys got posted on Reddit this one time and announce our terrible idea of a show ranking, the Toonami Showdown."

Jarate

Banned
We did talk about the man service, but it didn't get the gif love we have now.

But still, that hair is the true problem with the show.

Jarate

Banned
which gundam pilot is your husbando

tbh I think that one dude that piloted the other mobile suit they had is my favorite pilot so far since he's such a bro and he doesnt seem to have mary sue gundam powers

also, a big shout out to Biscuit, for being one of the few overweight characters in all of media to not be portrayed as comic relief.

Code:
Show				Net		Time		Total Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI		ADULT SWIM	11:30 PM	1,538			0.7
ONE-PUNCH MAN			ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	1,443			0.7
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O.	ADULT SWIM	12:30 AM	1,182			0.6
HUNTER X HUNTER			ADULT SWIM	1:00 AM		1,024			0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN		ADULT SWIM	1:30 AM		956			0.4
ONE PIECE			ADULT SWIM	2:00 AM		842			0.4
PARASYTE- THE MAXIM		ADULT SWIM	2:30 AM		705			0.3

Saturday cable ratings: ‘One-Punch Man’ tops originals, ‘Family Guy’ leads

The new-to-Adult Swim anime “One-Punch Man” was the top first-run show on cable Saturday, scoring a 0.7 rating in adults 18-49. A “Family Guy” repeat, also on Adult Swim, snagged the top spot with a 0.8...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/07/26/saturday-cable-ratings-july-23-2016/

Seda

(Just to clarify, looks like One Punch man beat DBZ Kai in 18-49 rating for the second week in a row. It would have been the top 'first-run show on cable' last week if it wasn't for Straight Outta Compton on HBO)

One Punch Man, Toonami savior.

Mizerman

Code:
Show				Net		Time		Total Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI		ADULT SWIM	11:30 PM	1,538			0.7
ONE-PUNCH MAN			ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	1,443			0.7
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O.	ADULT SWIM	12:30 AM	1,182			0.6
HUNTER X HUNTER			ADULT SWIM	1:00 AM		1,024			0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN		ADULT SWIM	1:30 AM		956			0.4
ONE PIECE			ADULT SWIM	2:00 AM		842			0.4
PARASYTE- THE MAXIM		ADULT SWIM	2:30 AM		705			0.3

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/07/26/saturday-cable-ratings-july-23-2016/

Woooo!

Seda

With no future marathons:

One-Punch Man: October 1
Parasyte –the maxim-: October 8
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: November 26
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: December 3 (not including Part II), April 1, 2017 (including Part II)
Dragon Ball Z Kai: December 3 (not including Buu Arc), February 3, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Hunter X Hunter: February 23, 2019
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jarate

Banned
Jojo will probably do much better then OPM since that show is the biggest new show to come to NuToonami, or at least is the most hyped show

Jojo will probably do much better then OPM since that show is the biggest new show to come to NuToonami, or at least is the most hyped show

From personal experience, One Punch Man seems to be much bigger with casual anime fans than Jojo. On NeoGAF, whenever a casual anime fan asks for recommendations and lists the shows they've watched, One Punch Man is often included alongside stuff like FMA, but not JJBA. And my friends hadn't heard of JJBA but were big fans of One Punch Man.

Seda

Admittedly not being overly familiar with One Punch Man or Jojo but having been exposed to them, I'm not surprised that One Punch Man may be more popular than Jojo in a general audience. The superhero theme is big in current media landscape, and seeing a parody brings a fresh perspective on it. It's humorous but doesn't seem to overly rely on "Japanese Wacky" that Jojo caters to. Small episode count means it's not much commitment to watch through (where Jojo will ultimately have hundreds of episodes). Well animated and produced.

JoJo feels more like an anthology series then a long running series a la One Piece at times because it can soft reboot whenever it wants. Its never gotten stale.

I'm still surprised no one ever ripped off how JoJo's parts work.

Not surprised to see OPM doing so well its kind of a shame it's gonna fall into the attack on titan well where a season 2 won't happen for a very long time since those shows make bank for Toonami.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Not surprised to see OPM doing so well its kind of a shame it's gonna fall into the attack on titan well where a season 2 won't happen for a very long time since those shows make bank for Toonami.

At least Attack on Titan Season 2 is on the way.
One Punch Man Season 2 is... *looks at manga's current place* A pipe dream.

BBboy20

So, yeah, I went into San Diego Comic Con (my first con) on a Sarurday and the first major thing I ended up doing was talking and shaking hands with HIDEO KOJIMA AND YOJI SHINKAWA while standing in line to get a autograph with co-creator of Ninja Tutles Kevin Eastman. I was freaking out when I noticed they were checking stuff out in another booth across from the IDW one but eventually I built up the courage to walk up to them and I told them, with their translator, that METAL GEAR is my favorite game series ever, told KOJIMA he is my favorite game director and told YOJI he is my favorite game artist. Eventually I shook their hands and went back in the line.

I also shook hands with Senator John Lewis the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom