• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huzzah at all the shows getting 1 million.

Well, checked my apartment out, it's gonna get repainted & possibly new carpets before I move in, & while I'll have free cable (I heard it's Charter)....I will have to supply my own internet. Gonna have to do some comparing & such, though I'll have to ask about the Charter stuff since it might be able to fall under a "bundle" or something.

I think it was just the appealing lobsterservice in the episode.

I mean, I'm willing to bet everyone grows attached to a Lobster at least once in their life...

pinchy1.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
POOOOR MR. PINCHY.

Question: Charter should be a decent choice for internet, right? Looks like I can get it for $30 or $40/mo. (think because I'll be getting Charter cable for free, I might be able to count it as a bundle or something) for my first year with no data cap & supposedly 60 mbps speeds, though I don't know how much it'd jump up afterwards.

Jarate

Banned
POOOOR MR. PINCHY.

Question: Charter should be a decent choice for internet, right? Looks like I can get it for $30 or $40/mo. (think because I'll be getting Charter cable for free, I might be able to count it as a bundle or something) for my first year with no data cap & supposedly 60 mbps speeds, though I don't know how much it'd jump up afterwards.

I think the way it works is every ISP sucks ass other then Google Fiber

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the way it works is every ISP sucks ass other then Google Fiber
Google Fiber isn't even offered in my entire state.

I'm trying to think of other ISPs that might be available in my area. I tend to hear not-so-good things about AT&T and/or Comcast.

You know, We Happy Few had a fantastic E3 trailer, but my interest in it just collapsed through the floor when I found out it's a procedurally generated game.

Not saying it can't be good, but games like that just don't grab me.

You know, We Happy Few had a fantastic E3 trailer, but my interest in it just collapsed through the floor when I found out it's a procedurally generated game.

I know that feel, roguelike/procedural/random is a negative for me I'd rather games not have those elements. I get why people like them but its not for me.

if anything the trailer made me wish it wasn't procedurally generated

Went back and finally beat Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze. I was stuck on the last boss before eventually giving up. Beat him on my second try this time but it took my like 10 minutes because of the tiny timing you've have on him in the later part. Also have gone back and gotten all the Kong letters in the first two worlds and beat the special stage in each. I'm going to work on getting the rest of the puzzle pieces in these worlds before moving on to the next ones.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That bad huh?

Bleach's final arc has been going for 4 or 5 years, with 2 chapters remaining in the series now, and we still don't know what the main villain's motivations were, where the hell he even came from or why, what connections if any he might have had to the Soul King (or even really who the Soul King was, for that matter), or what the arc is even really about aside from the bad guy wanting to destroy things because reasons, just to name a few things.

Also, Ichigo's one and only attack is still Getsuga Tenshou.

Both endings are terrible, but Naruto at least got to end the story how it was planned... Unlike Bleach which clearly Kubo was blindsided by this.

That said Naruto's war was largely terrible and the very few good moments didn't salvage much. Bleach's final arc had far more enjoyable moments fwiw.

Ray Down

Banned
That bad huh?

Just with the FV: We still really don't know the MV past, his motivations, how he got sealed, why people follow him, etc.

This final fight has had less panel time then any of his top men or
Greemy.

One would hope One Piece doesn't fall under the same issues with its final arc like Naruto and Bleach did.

Also It's been a while since we've had a Anime Waifu thread.

Doubt it since One Piece is actually popular and sells shit tons of merch and volumes.

Bleach popularity fell down during FKT and dropped like a rock after Aizen fight disappointment.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Both endings are terrible, but Naruto at least got to end the story how it was planned... Unlike Bleach which clearly Kubo was blindsided by this.

That said Naruto's war was largely terrible and the very few good moments didn't salvage much. Bleach's final arc had far more enjoyable moments fwiw.

How was Kubo blindsided? He was given over four and a half years to run his final arc. That's two full years longer than the absolute longest arc in all of One Piece (Dressrosa, which ran from March 2013 to September 2015).

It was widely reported in 2014 that the Bleach manga would be ending in 2015. It's now about to be August 2016.

Also, Kubo made an explicit point in interviews way back at the beginning of the arc that he had actually planned this one out this time.

How was Kubo blindsided? He was given over four and a half years to run his final arc. That's two full years longer than the absolute longest arc in all of One Piece (Dressrosa, which ran from March 2013 to September 2015).

It was widely reported in 2014 that the Bleach manga would be ending in 2015. It's now about to be August 2016.

Also, Kubo made an explicit point in interviews way back at the beginning of the arc that he had actually planned this one out this time.

Okay perhaps blindsided isn't the right term for it, perhaps arrogance? Either way its clear this isn't how kubo planned to end the series but his ideas were greater then both his writing and jump's patience.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Okay perhaps blindsided isn't the right term for it, perhaps arrogance? Either way its clear this isn't how kubo planned to end the series but his ideas were greater then both his writing and jump's patience.

He tried to drag it out too long and got bit. It's clear they were willing to let him finish it on his terms, he just couldn't take a hint and close it out.

He tried to drag it out too long and got bit. It's clear they were willing to let him finish it on his terms, he just couldn't take a hint and close it out.

Mhm which is why I wonder was Kubo just being ballsy thinking they'd let him go even longer? Was he actually that naive that he thought the axe wouldn't come down like this? Or is he just that incompetent in that he was trying to speed up to get to the finale and is just that terrible of a writer that he couldn't figure out how.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Mhm which is why I wonder was Kubo just being ballsy thinking they'd let him go even longer? Was he actually that naive that he thought the axe wouldn't come down like this? Or is he just that incompetent in that he was trying to speed up to get to the finale and is just that terrible of a writer that he couldn't figure out how.

I think he was just being ballsy. He wasted so much time with so many stupid, useless fights with the alphabet goon squad. He could have cut this arc in half and it wouldn't have suffered at all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are you kidding me. So turns out my apartment is cable ready, not free cable, which isn't that bad because now I can just get the $30/mo. bundle of cable & internet.

.....what's annoying is that Cartoon Network is NOT on the basic package, unlike FXX, which is, meaning it's the complete opposite of Dish.

Dish: Cartoon Network is on the basic package, FXX is one tier higher
Charter: FXX is on the basic package, CN is one tier higher

Also means I'd have to pay $20 more per month just to have CN.

Grexeno

Are you kidding me. So turns out my apartment is cable ready, not free cable, which isn't that bad because now I can just get the $30/mo. bundle of cable & internet.

.....what's annoying is that Cartoon Network is NOT on the basic package, unlike FXX, which is, meaning it's the complete opposite of Dish.

Dish: Cartoon Network is on the basic package, FXX is one tier higher
Charter: FXX is on the basic package, CN is one tier higher

Also means I'd have to pay $20 more per month just to have CN.
There is never any such thing as free cable.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You should probably re-watch that episode Zonic.
Homer was stealing it.
Which meant he got it for free.

I think it only cost him something like his soul or whatever

Edit: Real talk, I'll ask about it when I call them sometime next week or so when I move in. Considering they state my speeds SHOULD be starting at 60mbps, I might just have to figure out something with streaming it, but I don't think I'd be able to get it to work if I don't actually have the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom