• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An accurate representation of Shonen Jump's sendoff to Bleach:

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

Line_HTX

They should just remove the fillers and broadcast them normally so it won't drag as much. It'll still drag, but without all of the fat.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A fully canon version of the Bleach anime is like cotton candy. Mostly air and tastes like nothing when you dig into it. If any show needed that much filler, it was Bleach.

Moaradin

Is there any point to making a Bleach: Final Act? The manga will be over and it doesn't seem to be getting great ratings to begin with.

They should just remove the fillers and broadcast them normally so it won't drag as much. It'll still drag, but without all of the fat.

I'm seriously praying that both Bleach and Naruto will get the "DBZ Kai" treatment in the future because Studio Pierrot ruined both those shows for me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Someone will need to summarize what happened in Bleach over the years & how it ended, because maaaaan, the more I hear about it, the more I'm glad I jumped off when I did (around the Bounds or Bounts or whatever those vampire-esque things were Arc). I want a write-up of how it just went off-the-rails over the years.

..........also holy crap, it's almost 15 years old? I was only almost 10 when it began.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Someone will need to summarize what happened in Bleach over the years & how it ended, because maaaaan, the more I hear about it, the more I'm glad I jumped off when I did (around the Bounds or Bounts or whatever those vampire-esque things were Arc). I want a write-up of how it just went off-the-rails over the years.

..........also holy crap, it's almost 15 years old? I was only almost 10 when it began.

This video series should help.

I'm still surprised the Bount didn't kill the Bleach anime. That went for sooooo long.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I remember that arc just draaagggeeeddd & this was around the same time as a teen where I was just like "you know, these long running shows are starting to suck and take forever, I'm gonna start watching stuff that's only 12 or 24 episodes long for now on", which was why I also gave up on Naruto (even as a kid, I questioned why the hell it took so long to beat Zabuto) & One Piece (though that was more CN's fault since they dropped it, but I had no desire to continue Skypiea during that time).

I'm honestly surprised I came back to One Piece when it returned to Toonami & stuck with it, because man, that Davy Back Fight arc was not the right arc to try & bring me back into the series, & I think this was before I started watching it with you guys.

Mizerman

Yeah, makes me feel kinda old.

Bleach's problem's are two-fold in my book. Kubo is terrible at pacing. This was apparent early on, but people overlooked it because they liked the Gotei 13, but Kubo had a nasty habit making up crap as he went along and adding more and more fights and new characters into his arc to compensate for the fact. Worked well enough for the Soul Society Arc. Not so much for Hueco Muendo and beyond because it became a bloated, dragged out mess.

Second problem, and this is more of a personal thing; Ichigo is not a compelling lead. If you're going to have a long running series you need a lead who either goes through meaningful growth and development (Yusuke, Naruto) or has a charismatic and likable enough personality that they work from arc to arc (Goku, Luffy, Gon). Ichigo hits neither of those checkmarks. There's nothing unique about the way he fights to set him apart from the other characters in the series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Lol at the "shout-outs" to me on the podcast.

....also the anime you guys were thinking of at the end is "Keijo!!!!!!!!" & yes, those 8 exclamation points are part of the official title.

If there was any actual interest, this would have happened already

Buu Kai allegedly happened due to how well Kai did in the US... And were still waiting for it :V

Heck flcl 2 nearly happened 10 years ago, And now 2 and 3 are a thing

Nobody is saying bleach will get another new anime right away, but to say it'll never happen isn't a safe bet since in 10-15 years a studio could bring it out as a nostalgia grab/finish the story thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*looks at saddest moments in cartoons thread*

....I should watch Grave of the Fireflies someday....and Anohana.....& maybe Clannad since I actually watched an episode or two but then stopped for some reason.

zulux21

*looks at saddest moments in cartoons thread*

....I should watch Grave of the Fireflies someday....and Anohana.....& maybe Clannad since I actually watched an episode or two but then stopped for some reason.

it is likely because an episode or two of garbage is a turn off and gave you little reason to continue.

that being said the first season eventually gets better, and the second season is really solid (and requires the first season be watched) so yeah... you should get back to it some day.

There's simultaneously so little and so many unanswered questions in Bleach.

Also is everyone just gonna look around and ask where Unohana is at the end, before shrugging it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom