• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
9tbY9Hn.png

Line_HTX

For the podcast, did y'all really record on last Thursday or Friday night when the SDCC Pre-Flight went on? I'm curious if any of y'all screamed while monitoring Twitter, lmao

BBboy20

For the podcast, did y'all really record on last Thursday or Friday night when the SDCC Pre-Flight went on? I'm curious if any of y'all screamed while monitoring Twitter, lmao
Shit, if I was already back home, I would be vocally giving first hand account on the panel.

Annnd appetite ruined.

Thanks, really wanted that breakfast too.

*Throws in trash and proceeds to vomit*

It's not even the worst thing DTL has posted. He once posted an image with some (unhealthily skinny) guys with their buttcracks exposed on Anime GAF. Apparently that' what DTL considers sexy.

Regiruler

Speaking of OPM: I find it weird how all the extras sound exactly like you imagine they would... but the main cast takes getting used to.

Or maybe because the extras aren't that memorable?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone else watching Mob Psycho? There's definitely enough action in the first 3 episodes that it could make the block next year.
I'd be up for watching its dub on Toonami, but for some reason, I don't have the same "oh man this HAS to be on Toonami!!" feeling that I had for shows like Jojo, One Punch Man, or My Hero Academia.

Maybe it's because I see it as a "coming of age story with comedy elements" first than "action", despite the fact it has some neat action scenes & the whole "when will Mob explode & what'll happen" drive of the series.

That's not to say I dislike the show, it's the opposite. I'm enjoying it & seeing Bones' take on ONE's art.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, it's only gonna be 12 episodes? Maybe my opinion will chance once I watch the remaining episodes (we're only about a 3rd into the series), but perhaps it could work as a short-runner replacement.

Does anyone even have the US rights to it yet? I know Animax Asia has the overseas rights.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I could see Jojo getting a short series to replace it while Viz finishes up the Part 3 dub. I can't imagine Part 3 not appearing now when that's the part that got most people into Jojo in the first place & how popular it is in comparison to the rest of the series (mainly because that was the only part that got localized via manga & OVAs, plus the fighting game).

But at the same time, considering Part 3 is double the length of S1 aka Parts 1 & 2, it might be good to let Jojo have a break so people don't complain about another "long-runner" & the slot can be opened for another show, even if it's just one show between each season.

Grexeno

I could see Jojo getting a short series to replace it while Viz finishes up the Part 3 dub. I can't imagine Part 3 not appearing now when that's the part that got most people into Jojo in the first place & how popular it is in comparison to the rest of the series (mainly because that was the only part that got localized via manga & OVAs, plus the fighting game).

But at the same time, considering Part 3 is double the length of S1 aka Parts 1 & 2, it might be good to let Jojo have a break so people don't complain about another "long-runner" & the slot can be opened for another show, even if it's just one show between each season.
Well, I think the Part 3 dub is basically done already. It will certainly be done by the time Parts 1/2 are done airing. And I don't think the Toonami people or the audience at large really gnash their teeth over "long-runners."

Naruto's final powerup is so fucking boring. "I'm super fast,strong and tough and also I create these orbs of energy and shoot them and then they explode real good."

Moaradin

Individual episode promos huh? Only shows that got that were Space Dandy and Attack on Titan. One Punch Man must have been a big get for them.

Hopefully they give JoJo the same treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom