• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

The forward timeshift is a little weird. I suppose the best explanation is that Toonami wanted an earlier time for Samurai Jack, but thought that preempting the schedule change would be best? I can't imagine the ratings are otherwise that much more enticing a half-hour earlier.

Anyway, Gundam and Champloo were good, Shippuden was bad, the rest were okay.

Unlike Naruto there isn't an inherent problem with One Piece's female cast. the problem is that they don't get shit to do which I'm hoping changes in the most recent arc. But like it's been over a decade since Robin or Nami got their own fights. The female characters in Naruto have goals that revolve entirely around a male character; Sakura an Karin with Sasuke, Hinata with Naruto, Tsunade with Dan. Now look at Nami or Robin or even Vivi; Nami wants to chart the world due to her love of cartography, Robin wants to find the truth of the Void Century to honor her home island and Vivi wanted to save her country from an evil pirate. Nothing to do with marrying or getting together with a hot guy or whatever.

And even without their own fights, Nami and Robin are still pretty important. Without either of them the series wouldn't either go o or end. It's just I'd like to see them flex their new skills is all.
Plz Oda, let Nami fight some one important this arc. Please?

I mean if "Don't get shit to do" means "They don't get one on one fights" then sure. But I've found plenty to appreciate about what they do get to do despite wishing they had more fights. No matter how much I want Robin to have another one on one, I never forget to remember that this doesn't mean they don't have solid contributions.

It's a little sad because
Robin ran her ass all over Dressrosa doing a lot of different things to the point of exhaustion
and yet it's all gonna get ignored because she didn't get a fight. That's typically how the anime and manga fandom see things nowadays so Oda's gonna have to do it again at some point. I really want that to happen too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, E3 starts tomorrow?

.....oh, it's just EA & Bethesda, nothing interesting.

ahhhh, that's right, this school boy.

Seda

I'm not watching E3 this year (i'll probably disconnect shortly for the week) but the only thing I want from EA is Mass Effect news.

Seda

tK6ETgn.png

(this will get use in next week's Naruto episode)

Jarate

Banned
I'm not watching E3 this year (i'll probably disconnect shortly for the week) but the only thing I want from EA is Mass Effect news.

I do not trust EA to put out a competent game anymore. They haven't released an actual good game I think this entire gen other then maybe Titanfall, a game I didn't find that good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I only really care about Sony's press conference. Everyone else, I'll just get a recap. Don't even really feel like watching most of Nintendo's stuff since I just need a small dose of Zelda & don't need live footage of their upcoming games since I know I already have enough info to decide my purchase. Example: Tokyo Mirage Sessions is out in 2 weeks, I can wait.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, so, they dropped a minor detail (or into more detail, I can't remember) of showing Kana actually acknowledging she can sense other people or something (or that it was actually parasytes, I can't remember), not just Shinichi.

Oh right, the garbage puppy.

I'm going full on E3. Watching every conference. Gonna be fun.

This man knows what it's about. I don't understand the cynicism that's become more prevalent in gaming culture as of late. Games are supposed to be fun. Stop getting so serious about everything. "Everything is shit now, e3 is gonna be disappointing blah blah blah" Just chillout and watch some video game trailers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"you're right, we should've cooked it & eat it to make use of its meat"

Man, even watching this part a third time, it still makes me laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom