• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Im actually a little excited for sony conference just for PSVR, but im not really getting super hyped about any recent games tbh, Overwatch has sustained me, along with 2k filling my sports need.
I'd flip my shit at a Monster Hunter PS4 release, but that aint happening

Korigama

That's cool, I'm not saying it's going to be gods gift to gaming, but the summon scene in the first demo was absolutely insane. And the designs of the characters are about 800x better then the ones in 10, which is probably my favorite non classic FF

I'm just saying, wait for the game to release before decrying how bad it is. There's nothing super obvious about it being bad, if it doesn't float your boat, then that's cool.
Really going to have to disagree with this. Nomura's designs for FFX's cast, minus Kimahri anyway (never really cared for Nomura's non-human characters), were in every way superior to XV's, not simply in terms of composition (a touchy subject, given how often people complain about it being all dudes), but variety as well. Personally, their looks are much too similar and much too bland for my liking. I say this without even counting X in my personal top three favorite FF titles.

I've tried caring about XV again, but the more I see of it, the less interested I become. I'm more interested in FFXII: The Zodiac Age more than anything else at this point in respect to that franchise (which has pretty much everything to do with XII being the last FF that I've actually liked, not having had the chance to try Type-0 as of yet).

Felt that the Xbox conference was underwhelming, as it usually is for me. Not expecting Sony to match last year's, but at the same time, I don't picture it being too hard for them to leave more of an impression upon me compared to what MS had to offer.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Really going to have to disagree with this. Nomura's designs for FFX's cast, minus Kimahri anyway (never really cared for Nomura's non-human characters), were in every way superior to XV's, not simply in terms of composition (a touchy subject, given how often people complain about it being all dudes), but variety as well. Personally, their looks are much too similar and much too bland for my liking. I say this without even counting X in my personal top three favorite FF titles.

I've tried caring about XV again, but the more I see of it, the less interested I become. I'm more interested in FFXII: The Zodiac Age more than anything else at this point in respect to that franchise (which has pretty much everything to do with XII being the last FF that I've actually liked, not having had the chance to try Type-0 as of yet).

Felt that the Xbox conference was underwhelming, as it usually is for me. Not expecting Sony to match last year's, but at the same time, I don't picture it being too hard for them to leave more of an impression upon me compared to what MS had to offer.

They announced two home consoles. That doesn't happen every year!

Jarate

Banned
Tidus' design is garbage, and this is coming from a fanboy of X

XV designs just look like japanese designer clothes. I don't see anything terrible about it, nothing super impractical about the designs.

You also have to remember that these characters are heavily designed to be appealing to women too. Japanese women will love that type of yaoi bait.

Korigama

And neither were of interest to me. There's nothing that Xbox has to offer me in terms of games that I feel I must have that I can't just get with a PS4 instead, as well as many things Xbox doesn't have (no particular interest in any of the Xbox exclusives).
Tidus' design is garbage, and this is coming from a fanboy of X

XV designs just look like japanese designer clothes. I don't see anything terrible about it, nothing super impractical about the designs.

You also have to remember that these characters are heavily designed to be appealing to women too. Japanese women will love that type of yaoi bait.
Tidus' design is pretty much just whatever to me. Not Nomura's best work, but not his worst either (plus, his signature weapon, Brotherhood, was also pretty cool).

That's basically it for me. Other than just being too plain and samey for my liking, they also manage to prove too ordinary. If going for a more "grounded", yet still fantastical setting, I felt that VIII's general art direction was much better.

I rather wonder just how successful appealing to that demographic would actually prove, if done deliberately. A survey would be interesting to read, if one were to be conducted.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Auron, Yuna, Rikku aren't bad. I don't mind Lulu that much besides her, you know, living in a tropical environment. I guess she runs cold.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, & there's no point in buying one of them when you know there'll be a better, stronger, nicer one coming.

And neither were of interest to me. There's nothing that Xbox has to offer me in terms of games that I feel I must have that I can't just get with a PS4 instead, as well as many things Xbox doesn't have (no particular interest in any of the Xbox exclusives).
Same here. I'm still glad I had/have a 360, but as for this gen, the only things interesting me in a X1 are Dead Rising & Rare Replay.

Jarate

Banned
Rikkus initial Al Bhed outfit is pretty terrible though

I also hated FF12 because of Vaan and Penello and the stupid liscence board. I think the Zodic Job Change thing will really help that game, but it wont same us from the worst protagonist to ever exist

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I also hated FF12 because of Vaan and Penello and the stupid liscence board. I think the Zodic Job Change thing will really help that game, but it wont same us from the worst protagonist to ever exist

I personally think the ZJS is the worse of the two. Then again I also prefer the original sphere grid.

If the 12 remake stays only on PS4 I'll buy that system next year. My biggest problem with 12 was always how poorly it ran on the PS2.

Jarate

Banned
I personally think the ZJS is the worse of the two. Then again I also prefer the original sphere grid.

If the 12 remake stays only on PS4 I'll buy that system next year. My biggest problem with 12 was always how poorly it ran on the PS2.

my friend has the same issue with the IZJS lol

Also, i didnt really see much of a huge difference between the two sphere grids, but then again, im not one of those people who fucked with the arena battles at all. Blitzball was my end game

Korigama

Preferred Rikku's standard X look to her X-2 redesign, but that's me.

I will pretty much never understand any strong negative feelings regarding either of those two. Vaan was rather inoffensive as far as I was concerned, not to mention not the real focus of the story (it was really more about Ashe than anyone else, I'd say). The worst thing I can say about him was that he could've used a shirt. As for Penelo, she got less focus than pretty much everyone else, and was ultimately benign whenever she actually did. Would've been nice if they managed to include more material meant to develop her properly, most of which was apparently left on the cutting room floor from what I've read.

XII is one of the rare JRPGs where I don't dislike anyone in the main cast. Looking forward to the remaster, but not the idea of being permanently locked into classes, which I hope will be changed.

I don't mind Vaan as the every man who gets swept up into the adventures of Ashe and Balthiar, Penelo is really the only character in 12 that felt out of place.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't mind Vaan as the every man who gets swept up into the adventures of Ashe and Balthiar, Penelo is really the only character in 12 that felt out of place.

I thought it was an interesting way to tell the story and pretty novel for FF at least. have they announced the release date yet?

Korigama

She's Vaan's sidekick/ignored love interest. Basically there to make up numbers.
The general assessment is that Vaan and Penelo serve to provide the viewpoint of ordinary citizens, more or less (compared to the other members of the group).
Tokyo Game Show needs to hurry up so some good games can get announced.

21.18% serious
Most games that would be of interest to me probably won't show up until then, admittedly. But since E3 wasn't too bad last year, I won't count it out just yet.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Exactly, could it have been done better? Absolutely, but there was a lot about 12 I really liked.

Xenoblade X had the same narrative trick and it worked better there I think. Square would probably like another pass at FF12's script, but sadly that's not going to happen.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
South Park looks awesome at least.
Radiant Historia combat and massive amounts of shade towards the MCU & DCEU.

It looks like Adult Swim is doing some Time Rift thing, going back to 2001. Might explain that being there......

Wasn't that the episode they ran back when Adult Swim did April Fools for Toonami?

It is, which leads me to thinking they probably got it on a special occasion just like then.

It looks like they're streaming most of the shows that aired on Adult Swim's Launch Date.

schedule.png

Clicking on certain parts of the image on the homepage links you to an episode of that show.

Samurai Jack Storyboard
Ed, Edd n Eddy
DBZ Bootleg
Courage the Cowardly Dog

Korigama

Would be down for outlaw star hd
Seems that's on Funimation at this point, since it was one of their rescues years ago after Bandai Visual shuttered in the US (along with things like Witch Hunter Robin and Cowboy Bebop). No idea why there's been no word on a re-release after so long.

Seems that's on Funimation at this point, since it was one of their rescues years ago after Bandai Visual shuttered in the US (along with things like Witch Hunter Robin and Cowboy Bebop). No idea why there's been no word on a re-release after so long.

Sunrise hasn't sent Funi the materials they need. Cowboy Bebop and (eventually) Escaflowne are the only Funi rescued Sunrise shows that have been re-released.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh, a sequel to Grow Home. Guess I'll play it when it's gotten a discount.

Otherwise, nothing from Ubisoft. Man, this year's E3 has been lackluster. All riding on Sony at this point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just watched the episode of Snorepuden I fell asleep watching. Better in the daylight.

Karin is coming to change the game. Putting all sauce stalkers on notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom