• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Maybe it'll be their next kickstarter after Escaflowne finishes up

I was thinking that but its not that desperate. Escaflowne was like...4kids One Piece bad. This is more like...Slayers? The audio quality is low and some of the line reads are super rushed to fit mouth movements, and the acting is...a little above average for the time, which is to say a bit poor by today's standards.

I was thinking that but its not that desperate. Escaflowne was like...4kids One Piece bad. This is more like...Slayers? The audio quality is low and some of the line reads are super rushed to fit mouth movements, and the acting is...a little above average for the time, which is to say a bit poor by today's standards.

Completely disagree. Even if it's not the best dub and parts of it haven't aged well, comparing it to 4kids' dub of One Piece is being way too harsh on Escaflowne's dub. At least Bandai and Ocean Group didn't butcher the show like 4kids did to One Piece.

Raxus

Completely disagree. Even if it's not the best dub and parts of it haven't aged well, comparing it to 4kids' dub of One Piece is being way too harsh on Escaflowne's dub. At least Bandai and Ocean Group didn't butcher the dub like 4kids did to One Piece.

4kids skipped dozens of episodes that were crucial to the plot in order to get to chopper faster. Nothing really tops that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Completely disagree. Even if it's not the best dub and parts of it haven't aged well, comparing it to 4kids' dub of One Piece is being way too harsh on Escaflowne's dub. At least Bandai and Ocean Group didn't butcher the dub like 4kids did to One Piece.

A slight exaggeration to make a point. It's closer to One Piece than it is to a good dub even during that time period.

Here's a better example.

Escaflowne is Final Fantasy 7's localization.
Outlaw Star is FF 8.

A slight exaggeration to make a point. It's closer to One Piece than it is to a good dub even during that time period.

Here's a better example.

Escaflowne is Final Fantasy 7's localization.
Outlaw Star is FF 8.

That's a better example, yeah. Personally I'd say Escaflowne is like FF8's localization while Outlaw Star is similar to FF9's localization. Escaflowne didn't have critical mistranslations like FF7 did.

Line_HTX

Man, that was some nap I took.

What a day. I can't think about anything but Tekken 7. So much so that everything else that was presented is a blur and does nothing for me.

Get ready for the next battle on STEAM.

YAY-YAH~!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Man, that was some nap I took.

What a day. I can't think about anything but Tekken 7. So much so that everything else that was presented is a blur and does nothing for me.

Get ready for the next battle on STEAM.

YAY-YAH~!

First off, thanks for showing the weekend's DUMP some love! ;-)

Movign on, I know that feel. I love it when there's something among all these conferences that just make watching all the other stuff you don't really care about as much worth it. Tekken's story integration looked pretty nice; Even if it made things like ShunGokuSatsu seem a bit weak to watch it shrugged off. I guess that just makes Heihachi look hella strong...

I feel like the past few Sony E3s for me have just been "Lets watch Sony kinda ignore the Vita!", but, eh, I have a PS4 now, and *game I need not name* might show up, so I'm looking forward to their press conference. I hope Sony has a few "Play the beta RIGHT NOW!" type situations... T7 and XIV demos going live during their presser would make them win E3 for me, lol.

So, anyone trying the Halo Wars 2 open beta?

Also, SONY is the last conference of today right?

It, TTT2 and the KI update are all downloading for me... while watching 3D vid streams.

It's gonna take a while, but at least it's on it's way!

Line_HTX

Line where is this avatar from?
My guess is the 8th episode of Macross Delta.

............whatever that is.

Mikumo Guynemer

"The vocalist of the tactical sound unit Walküre. A mysterious girl, of unknown age, whose history and private life are all shrouded in enigma."

zqEx6gA.png

2Pac left our world to become the Lead Singer of an idol group all the way across the galaxy whose voices can cure a particular virus, ROFL

It looks like it's impossible for her middle finger to be bent like that over her ring finger, but I can do that Walkure sign.

tumblr_o5tewjRdFr1qa94xto1_500.gif

Did I miss anything in the day? Toonami related, I mean.

Mikumo Guynemer

"The vocalist of the tactical sound unit Walküre. A mysterious girl, of unknown age, whose history and private life are all shrouded in enigma."

zqEx6gA.png

2Pac left our world to become the Lead Singer of an idol group all the way across the galaxy whose voices can cure a particular virus, ROFL

It looks like it's impossible for her middle finger to be bent like that over her ring finger, but I can do that Walkure sign.

Throwing gang signs in my neighborhood? i don't fucking think so, man.

Jarate

Banned
Berserk Musou? if that counts

for our weeb tastes, id wait until the sony conference. Im sure theyll feature a game like Shin Kohime Muslu PS4 Hyper VR Edition just for all you weebs out there

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"YO, HERE'S A RELEASE DATE FOR LAST GUARDIAN! & MOAR FF7 REMAKE, HOWS ABOUTZ A DEMO RIGHT NOW!! AND YOU WANTED IT, NOW HERE'S WHAT YOUR MONEY WENT TOWARDS IN THE WORLD PREMIERE FIRST LOOK AT SHENMUE 3!!!

ALSO HERE'S CRASH BECAUSE WE'RE #BUILDINGTHELIST!"

Line_HTX

First off, thanks for showing the weekend's DUMP some love! ;-)

Movign on, I know that feel. I love it when there's something among all these conferences that just make watching all the other stuff you don't really care about as much worth it. Tekken's story integration looked pretty nice; Even if it made things like ShunGokuSatsu seem a bit weak to watch it shrugged off. I guess that just makes Heihachi look hella strong...

I feel like the past few Sony E3s for me have just been "Lets watch Sony kinda ignore the Vita!", but, eh, I have a PS4 now, and *game I need not name* might show up, so I'm looking forward to their press conference. I hope Sony has a few "Play the beta RIGHT NOW!" type situations... T7 and XIV demos going live during their presser would make them win E3 for me, lol.

Eventually I'll get a PS4 and then I can wait for T7 and whatever games I want to start pouring out next year. I'm hesitant as I'm waiting for more details on the NEO.

The story integration is a nice touch, but as always, it's not what I care about. I just hope that Lili is tweaked and made better, lol

Sitting in a theater waiting for the event to start. They gave giant PlayStation branded coke cups!

Damn... Hope you're enjoying those specially marked PS cups!

Mikumo Guynemer

zqEx6gA.png

Unrelated to your avatar explanation, but I wonder if all future Macross products like Delta will include English subtitles going forward since Harmony Gold are dicks?

Line_HTX

Unrelated to your avatar explanation, but I wonder if all future Macross products like Delta will include English subtitles going forward since Harmony Gold are dicks?

My speculation is yes, sadly. I have been waiting for 8 years for Frontier to be localized, and nothing came of it. Complete radio silence.

Mizerman

Eventually I'll get a PS4 and then I can wait for T7 and whatever games I want to start pouring out next year. I'm hesitant as I'm waiting for more details on the NEO.

The story integration is a nice touch, but as always, it's not what I care about. I just hope that Lili is tweaked and made better, lol

Especially since I gave up on the story after T4 and 5. But hey, they could always surprise me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tekken is only worth playing for its story. Who cares about 3D fighters, I need more drama. More demons. More bears.

My speculation is yes, sadly. I have been waiting for 8 years for Frontier to be localized, and nothing came of it. Complete radio silence.

It's hard for something to get released here when its roadblocked by petty spiteful assholes. Doesn't help that the Japanese side doesn't seem interested in trying to give new Macross titles a western release.

At this point, the best case scenario for Macross to get a more widespread release, from what I'm seeing, is that that Robotech movie (if it ever comes out) completely flops and Harmony Gold loses a shit ton of money in the process.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shorter conference than usual, but they did cut a lot of the movies/TV crap and made it all about games.
It kind of felt like a Nintendo Direct, but live.

Raxus

Quick podcast discussion. Do you guys wanna listen us talk to E3 or do you just want to keep things Toonami focused? I didn't see any discussion which means nobody watched the last one in its entirety :)() but I wanna know for the recording tomorrow.

Jarate

Banned
Quick podcast discussion. Do you guys wanna listen us talk to E3 or do you just want to keep things Toonami focused? I didn't see any discussion which means nobody watched the last one in its entirety :)() but I wanna know for the recording tomorrow.

We want more Pizza Roll discussion

Jarate

Banned
also, am I the only person who heard Bunny's voice from Tiger & Bunny and got excited that Insomniac was making a Tiger & Bunny game

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you guys made it a "bonus" discussion for after talking about Toonami, I'd totally be fine with that.

Grexeno

So Microsoft successfully unsold me on ever buying an Xbox console ever again, and Sony unsold me on buying a PS VR.

Fantastic! Good job guys.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Bah, I wanted to see more things like Setsuna, Star Ocean 5, and Shenmue 3. I felt like every "Big AAA Sony" game was pretty much the same lush-looking apocalyptic wilderness set. The kid from Kratos of Us looked like the woman from Horizon, walking around in a different location taken out of Days Lost...

PT "D.S" was nice enough. Very Kojima. Norman Pantlessdus was nice to see after the failure of PT.

I loved playing RE5 and 6 with friends, a First Person variation doesn't... *shrug* of course, will wait to see more.

Detroit should be exactly the kinda game I should like (a smaller game full of multi-part choice), and it kinda reminds me of "Humans" on SyFy. I don't care much about VR right now, but I'd give it a shot...

Crash... OK. 3 games in one collection I take it, never a bad deal. Spidey is cool, wasn't that Yuri Lowenthal voicing him? KoF got in there at one scene in the end, along with SFV story mode, Mellka from Battleborn, etc...

Yeah, can see how the new upgrade systems can give one reason to wait. The worry of straight upgrade systems!

Story for Tekken... I think it really helped set the personality I loved in Tekken. They always had so much bonus stuff like Tekken Bowl and Force. And I loved Tekken's ending CGs quite a lot in the past.

Tekken Tourney play always looks so ugly to me with the character side-stepping, lol. I love the way Virtua Fighter handles the illustration of combat more. But yeah, the playing and characters are definitely the end-all draw. I'm prepared to not have the elder female Kazama back, but maybe I'll get to enjoy Asuka again, or start throwing Tigers with Heihachi's Wife...

Raxus

I am amazed how many missteps activision has made with Infinite Warfare. If the games sales tank (comparatively) then it is all on their shitty marketing.

bigkrev

Well, that was a hell of a conference.
The only thing I didn't like was VR for Resident Evil. Either you are going to find it cheesy and dumb, or you are going to actually die of a heart attack while playing. It's a total lose-lose situation

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't worry, SAB, Tokyo Game Show will save us in having more interesting looking games.

Though yes, I'm getting so tired of those types of games. Days Gone is pretty much a perfect summary of what feels like a majority of "open-world" games coming out or just being a FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom