• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I thought it was hilarious how people were excited for the game until they realized it was CoD
"HOLY HELL, THESE SPACE BATTLES LOOK AWESOoohhh it becomes a FPS and not just vehicle stuff, i don't care anymore.

.....oh, it's CoD, that makes sense"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Still no interest in VR. It's silly and I don't want to wear giant goggles.
I know that RE7 will be playable without VR so that's a good thing at least.

I will admit, Kojima's overblown introduction made me laugh. No idea what's going on in his new game but more info will come overtime.

"HOLY HELL, THESE SPACE BATTLES LOOK AWESOoohhh it becomes a FPS and not just vehicle stuff, i don't care anymore.

.....oh, it's CoD, that makes sense"

Yep... amazing how they killed momentum like that.

Oh and the other surprise was PS4 exclusive Spider-Man by Insomniac.

Costume looks bad tho.

Yeah not sure what's up with the big white spiders. They're really distracting.
At first I thought it was going to be MCU Spidey, but he really sounds nothing like Tom Holland.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Like why would you ever even bother considering this a possibility.

Because it happened last year? (Note I said Games LIKE, not those exact games.) I mean, I want to see more rather Japanese, classically-tuned releases. So much of it just looked like very similar 3rd Person things with similar guns, character motions, light rendering, etc, etc. Even if something looked more, say, cel-shaded, or more comic in style... XSEED, Falcom, Capcom, Atlus, ... there's a lot of companies and games that could have broken up the samey-feel of most of Sony's big releases. A small focus on Gravity Rush 2 would have felt great, too.

Even something like Nier 3 or such would have had that different type of feeling to it, that'd break up the western triple-A stagnation feel.

*watches trailer for Bound* Y'know, alongside Last Guardian (which has like... 1 cel-shaded-ish element now, lol), this would have helped make the conference feel more diverse. I always appreciate how Microsoft has some moment of "Indies that don't look like they belong at E3 in 2016". Seeing Stardew Valley and Bloodstained pop up in MS's ID@Abox just feels nice.

Don't worry, SAB, Tokyo Game Show will save us in having more interesting looking games.

Though yes, I'm getting so tired of those types of games. Days Gone is pretty much a perfect summary of what feels like a majority of "open-world" games coming out or just being a FPS.

Haha, yup. As a person who plays more Xbox, but still loves more JP games, TGS is always a weird place for me the past few years. They have the games I want, but they're not often released for the system I play more of... this can of course change with the game releases!

Even though Recore from the MS conference looks nowhere near as polished and "expensive" as something like Horizon Zero Dawn... it feels so much more like a "game", rather than a "cinematic experience". Recore also has the Sandstorms changing the entire world as a mechanic, which reminds me of Ed's father trying to map the ever-changing Earth in Cowboy Bebop. That kind of stuff makes me wanna jump in and play so much more than pixel counting screen resolutions, or the push towards realism.

BBboy20

Scalebound... I guess even Kamiya needs a dud.

"Biggest boss we ever made at Platinum" *looks at Jubileus & Jergingha* Really?
Polygons or lore size?

... This samurai guy's voice in For Honor is totally Crispin Freeman.
Yup.

Dynasty Warriors: Ubisoft Edition
Apparently those who played it last year state it's really good.

TIL that DeMarco introduced El-P and Killer Mike to each other and thats how they ended up forming Run the Jewels.

DeMarco is a good person.
What a dude.

also, am I the only person who heard Bunny's voice from Tiger & Bunny and got excited that Insomniac was making a Tiger & Bunny game
Huh. You're right.

I am amazed how many missteps activision has made with Infinite Warfare. If the games sales tank (comparatively) then it is all on their shitty marketing.
It's like they were trying to avoid that it takes place in space and that you do a lot of sci-fi shit in it. Even their big banner at the building doesn't indicate it's that sci-fi of a shooter.

But those M4 looking guns though. =/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There was 21 bleeps during ep. 6 of Deadman Wonderland.

Overall, there was 62 bleeps within the first 6 episodes (first half) of the series.

.......................yes, I counted when it re-aired again.

Finally got a chance to play the RE7 demo, I like it a lot as a long time RE fan I'm totally okay with the series going in a different direction not sure if I want to VR this game though my heart might not be able to take the spoopy spoopy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Zelda looks amazing

For You.

“Consoles created generations that effectively take your library back to zero; we’re trying to think beyond generations and say, how do you bring all the content that you purchased and love from this generation and move it forward with you?” he says. Microsoft has been working hard to make more and more Xbox 360 games backward compatible with Xbox One — Spencer calls out the 360-exclusive Japanese role-playing games Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey as his most-wanted games, and says the team is working on getting them running on Xbox One as we speak — and those backward compatible games, too, will work on Scorpio.

Jarate

Banned

fuck Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey is where it's at

I want a PC port so we can fix some of the load issues with the game and the texture issues with the game, and i think that it would look absolutely stunning at 1080p

Honestly though, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were the reason I got an Xbox 360. I probably wouldve stuck with Microsoft if they moneyhatted more Japanese games tbh.

Jarate

Banned
also, the issue with the pokemon stream was that it was basically the most boring thing on earth. I get there are QOL changes and stuff that's cool, but I dont want to hear about, OH YOU CAN ATTACK THIS TRAINER with two people who dont seem very knowledgeable about the game. I think it would be really cool if they brought over some competitive pokemon players and had them discuss the hardcore aspects of the game.

Jarate

Banned
It'll be funny seeing game journos hailing Nier Automata as the best thing on earth, when they completely dropped the ball on the original Nier, which I will argue was probably the most important game of last gen for the artform

Jarate

Banned
I think this is probably the worst e3 for gaf tbh. I think it's a mixture of it being up all the time, the non sensical console fanboy wars, the changing gaming politics climate, and an hour long pokemon stream where they tried to explain things from a very old and simple franchise.

There also wasnt nearly as much cringe in the conferences this year, probably because the fans produced enough cringe on their own

Jarate

Banned
wtf happened?

same typical massive hyperbole, this time sugar coated with an extreme mixture of gender politics, "e3 spoilers" nonsense, general apathy towards the game industry, and of course a great amount of terrible game journalism.

Actually, I think it's mostly just that gaf stayed up for most of it, it was always usually down for most of the conferences, so you had a lot more hot takes being had then usual. Im just not a fan of current forum discourse on the internet, especially in video games, but I could also, just be getting older too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
+1 to thinking Breath of the Wild looks glorious. March 2017 can't come soon enough (I'm getting the NX version)

Yeah all the political shit has gotten way too tiresome... of course the deconfirmation of Girl Link is its own minefield of people yelling and saying "you're wrong" or "you're terrible". What happened? Am I just getting old too? I just don't care about gender politics in games.

wtf happened?

Ubisoft and Microsoft's entire press conferences got leaked and people kept posting them in the official threads crossing off what had been shown and what was coming next while others cried BU BU BE BU DON'T SPOIL THE PRESS CONFERENCE

Nintendo confirmed no female Link in the new Zelda and that lead to drama drama drama

Nintendo decided to show an hour of footage for Sun and Moon after hyping all Zelda all day and people got upset since "pokemon is boring/only good gen is gen 1"

A loud majority seemed to hate EVERY game that was revealed

RE fans are at war over if RE7 is a fresh direction for the franchise or RUINED IT

Sony fans are at war over if "EVERYTHING IS UNCHARTED WHY" or "YAY EVERYTHING IS UNCHARTED"

The drama about Scorpio and Neo and their potential impact on the market place

EA, Bethesda, and Ubisoft all had fairly residentsleeper press conferences

Crash only getting remasters and skylanders and not a new game

Not a lot of megaton new games being announced most of the surprises were leaked before hand

All of the above seems to be the source of an infinite cess pool of drama

Jarate

Banned
+1 to thinking Breath of the Wild looks glorious. March 2017 can't come soon enough (I'm getting the NX version)

Yeah all the political shit has gotten way too tiresome... of course the deconfirmation of Girl Link is its own minefield of people yelling and saying "you're wrong" or "you're terrible". What happened? Am I just getting old too? I just don't care about gender politics in games.

I think there's a proper discussion to be had about these topics, but the people who take part are just looking to react and have hot takes rather then logically thinking about things. Like I said, I don't mind these conversations happening, I think a lot of them are awesome and make sense, but the issue arises where people are making hot take reactionary discussions based off of very deep and complex issues that are very very difficult to grasp and should be treated with a lot more respect then what they are given.

But I imagine it has always been like this to a certain degree, but as someone who's been forum browsing for a long time, and has been browsing gaf for close to 10 years (ive probably lurked since 2007) I don't think ive ever seen the forum in a worse spot tbh. E3 has just highlighted those issues to me
Ubisoft and Microsoft's entire press conferences got leaked and people kept posting them in the official threads crossing off what had been shown and what was coming next while others cried BU BU BE BU DON'T SPOIL THE PRESS CONFERENCE

Nintendo confirmed no female Link in the new Zelda and that lead to drama drama drama

Nintendo decided to show an hour of footage for Sun and Moon after hyping all Zelda all day and people got upset since "pokemon is boring/only good gen is gen 1"

A loud majority seemed to hate EVERY game that was revealed

RE fans are at war over if RE7 is a fresh direction for the franchise or RUINED IT

Sony fans are at war over if "EVERYTHING IS UNCHARTED WHY" or "YAY EVERYTHING IS UNCHARTED"

The drama about Scorpio and Neo and their potential impact on the market place

EA, Bethesda, and Ubisoft all had fairly residentsleeper press conferences

Crash only getting remasters and skylanders and not a new game

Not a lot of megaton new games being announced most of the surprises were leaked before hand

All of the above seems to be the source of an infinite cess pool of drama

Honestly, the worse one to me was the e3 spoilers issue. Like, these are advertisements? You want a spoiler tag for ads?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Gamers suck, just pay attention to Nier 2

Zelda is all you need.

spxxOvV.gif

Jarate

Banned
also, every time I see a SAO avatar in one of these threads, i want to send them a very angry message. Not about whatever nonsense they are arguing about, but because SAO is garbage and they should feel bad for enjoying it

SAO has broken me

Line_HTX

Two people I know in the NFL have left.

Anyway, all that matters to me are Zelda, Nier Automata, GT Sport, and Tekken. Other stuff can be just fluff or whatever.

Gamers really need to get a concussion and also spoiler culture needs to die.

A lot of games looked really exciting once you filter though, all of the following are games I'm interested in thanks to what we've seen at E3

Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pokemon Sun/Moon
Resident Evil 7
Battlefield 1
Tales of Berseria
Horizon
God of War 4
(I can't believe I'm saying this) Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
South Park Fracture'd But Hole

I'm sure there's more but off the top of my head these stand out

Jarate

Banned
Where was Dynasty Warriors 9 dough?

Two people I know in the NFL have left.

Anyway, all that matters to me are Zelda, Nier Automata, GT Sport, and Tekken. Other stuff can be just fluff or whatever.

Gamers really need to get a concussion and also spoiler culture needs to die.

I still lurk NFL Gaf! I don't really post cause I don't really add anything ton the convo, there's enough shitposters there. Ya'll are too good of posters here, we need more shitposting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom